Villanova Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Villanova Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
Another great Team win for UCONN…

I love it when Aaliyah goes nuts vs the nations leading scorer and the Conference Player of the Year. AND that the TEAM Defense held the POY well below her 30 pts per game average.

I love it when Azzi drains her threes… My new term for it, the “FuddGates are Open”

I love Dorka’s multiple moves around the basket and that she hits from near and far.

I love Nika’s passion and when she racks up the assists with some really great passes.

I love Lou’s durability, power and fluidity…always fighting off a defender and making baskets.

I love Caroline’s FIGHT…even with multiple head knocks

I love the UCONN Bench’s attitude and incredible energy for the players on the court.

I love that the team shoved Carl Adamec’s tweet that UCONN has never won a Tournament Championship in a year that has a 3…right back at him! He’s a UCONN beat reporter, hasn’t he heard about MOJO.

I love that although my Mike’s Mango supplier was out of stock today, I had enough to get through this game… MOJO!!!

I love that UCONN has the Tournament Championship, as well as the Tournament MOP in Aaliyah.

I hope that the Committee sees what UCONN is NOW that they have the pieces back, Charlie never figured it out… He really should be ashamed of how obvious his bias has been.

GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
I think if you asked most Boneyarders 2 weeks ago that we would see a performance like this BE tournament, they’d say no way
Great job by the team and coaching staff!!!
Those who are of little faith.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Some Thoughts on the Villanova game:
  • Through all the injuries, upsets, head scratching and predictions of disaster, UConn WBB has just won their 10th straight conference tournament convincingly….and ORDER HAS BEEN RESTORED TO THE UNIVERSE.
  • Through the years we have become accustomed to high scoring offense from UConn WBB. But the true calling card for this UConn team is DEFENSE. For the 3rd game in a row UConn’s defense was suffocating holding Nova to just 56 points on 30% shooting.
  • Siegrist is an AA, but Aaliyah plays her as tough as anyone, containing the nation’s leading scorer to 22 points on 9 for 21 shooting. Olson, Nova’s 2nd scoring option, was also held in check, primarily by Nika’s relentless defensive effort, going 3 for 19 from the floor tonight. :eek:
  • Aaliyah with yet another monster game with 19 points, 15 rebounds, a fantastic defensive effort on Siegrist and, IMO, Conference Tournament MOP and 1st Team AA.
  • I thought the contributions tonight from Lou & Dorka were tremendous. This is the last rodeo for our two wonderful grad students, and they are leaving it all on the court.
  • Azzi is still just a bit off with her shooting stroke, but everything else she does on the court is textbook, including her defense, passing and constant movement without the ball….and when she started burying 3’s in the 3rd qtr, you could feel the game slowly but surely slip away from Nova. :)
  • At this point in the season, just about every team in the country is beat up. The 9-10 days off for the Huskies prior to their first game in the Big Dance is a very much needed godsend for this team.
  • The P-5 along with the Big East are the 6 most consequential WBB conferences in the nation. With the Big12 tournament yet to be played, only the BE has seen the top 2 seeds in the final, and only SC & UConn have won their respective conference tournaments as the favorites. All the upsets of top-rated teams in the Pac12, BIG10, ACC & SEC tournaments should give the Selection Committee much to consider when making up the brackets for The Big Dance. IMO, the four #1 seeds right now should be SC, VA Tech, Iowa & UConn.
Excellent post. One small point. Defense is always the program’s calling card. Geno’sD wins games. The O determines by how much. That really showed up this year with so many offensive challenges when scoring was more difficult. . .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Our defense came up big again, and our twin towers AE and DJ showed everyone why they are so good together. Aziz's brace must be pushing her shot to one side or the other...and Lou is always so impressive. Nika did a great keeping everyone on tract and leading the team. I hope Aubrey is ok, I missed the part where she left the game.
I was a little unhappy with Nova at the end of the game, we gave them their final 2 points and then with not way to win tried to pull a full court press-Why?
Not a hard press, Nova was just trying to prevent an uncontested shot

Reaction Score
Congratulations to the Team for a job well done. Outstanding defense. Villanova will be a different team next year without Maddy S.

I enjoyed watching this game as I hope everyone else did. Now for a little rest, a little practice and get ready for the Tournament.

Questiion: was Aubrey injured?

Reaction Score
Great win for UConn today!
Relative to my pre-game list,
1. We were very good on defense for long stretches. We were even in rebounds
2. We controlled the game for 3 quarters. Turnovers lower than average though double digits.
3. We shot at a high percentage. We only took 55 shots to their 70.

Aaliyah and Dorka were excellent down low. Aaliyah had a double double. Lou had a good scoring night. Azzi started slow and got better as the game progressed. Nika played a strong defensive game and had many great assists. Aubrey and Caroline played solid minutes. Very good game overall.

We slowed down in the 4th quarter. If that was the plan, fine. Time to get some rest and prepare for the big dance!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom