Villanova Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Villanova Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some Thoughts on the Villanova game:
  • Through all the injuries, upsets, head scratching and predictions of disaster, UConn WBB has just won their 10th straight conference tournament convincingly….and ORDER HAS BEEN RESTORED TO THE UNIVERSE.
  • Through the years we have become accustomed to high scoring offense from UConn WBB. But the true calling card for this UConn team is DEFENSE. For the 3rd game in a row UConn’s defense was suffocating holding Nova to just 56 points on 30% shooting.
  • Siegrist is an AA, but Aaliyah plays her as tough as anyone, containing the nation’s leading scorer to 22 points on 9 for 21 shooting. Olson, Nova’s 2nd scoring option, was also held in check, primarily by Nika’s relentless defensive effort, going 3 for 19 from the floor tonight. :eek:
  • Aaliyah with yet another monster game with 19 points, 15 rebounds, a fantastic defensive effort on Siegrist and, IMO, Conference Tournament MOP and 1st Team AA.
  • I thought the contributions tonight from Lou & Dorka were tremendous. This is the last rodeo for our two wonderful grad students, and they are leaving it all on the court.
  • Azzi is still just a bit off with her shooting stroke, but everything else she does on the court is textbook, including her defense, passing and constant movement without the ball….and when she started burying 3’s in the 3rd qtr, you could feel the game slowly but surely slip away from Nova. :)
  • At this point in the season, just about every team in the country is beat up. The 9-10 days off for the Huskies prior to their first game in the Big Dance is a very much needed godsend for this team.
  • The P-5 along with the Big East are the 6 most consequential WBB conferences in the nation. With the Big12 tournament yet to be played, only the BE has seen the top 2 seeds in the final, and only SC & UConn have won their respective conference tournaments as the favorites. All the upsets of top-rated teams in the Pac12, BIG10, ACC & SEC tournaments should give the Selection Committee much to consider when making up the brackets for The Big Dance. IMO, the four #1 seeds right now should be SC, VA Tech, Iowa & UConn.

Reaction Score
CBA2F181-CA98-4E65-AB2E-D59B75AF8C87.png

Reaction Score
Big East Regular season and Tournament Champs!! A huge accomplishment. One more to go?!

March has looked good on this team. I’ll be choosing to forget that 4th quarter and celebrate the many good quarters of basketball the past 3 days. That was an exciting tournament for the whole conference, especially us Huskies!

Reaction Score
Would have like to see Geno keep the foot on the gas in the 4th but Villanova had no chance of coming back .. time to rest up and get ready for the big tournament not sure how UConn is not at least a 2 seed possible 1

Reaction Score
  • This tournament has gone as well as any of us could have expected a week ago
  • Geno calling the team out after Xavier was masterful
  • Siegrist is going to have nightmares about AE
  • AE played like a 1st or 2nd team AA in the BET
  • Dorka also was awesome
  • With AG out and CD out to not get hammered, we got tired in Q4
  • Now 10 days rest and practice
  • We'll see what the oddsmakers say, but I see our odds of winning the NCAAs second only to SC regardless of seed
  • I hope we get the 2 seed with Va Tech as the 1 seed.
  • But, outside of SC, no one wants to see us in their bracket

Reaction Score
TO DO LIST:
1. BE regular season champs - DONE
2. BE tournament champs - DONE
3. NCAA champs - TBD!!!

What can I say? I love this team. There have been ups and downs and there’s been times when I have been beyond frustrated with things, but once again, March is UConn season!! !!

Reaction Score
You can tell that UConn is in post-season mode (March) when the "D" is ramped up. Villanova is a well-coached team, but they were unable to execute in a manner they would have preferred. Hard to play and beat a quality team 3 times in a season, but it is just the beginning......

I don't care where UConn is seeded as long as it isn't in with SC. The NCAA should prefer to see UConn reach another Final Four - another shot at SC would be must-watched TV.

It would be nice if the announcers paid attention to what is happening in the game (no reference to Aubrey) instead of rambling on.

Reaction Score
Cant see how the Committee doesnt give us a #1 seed. We just blew out a very good VU team with a Top 3 player in the country on a neutral court. We have our Top 7 back. We have more than enough talent and experience to beat anyone on a neutral court, and would be favored against anyone except 1 or maybe 2 teams at most. Do your job Committee!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Our prevent offense for most of the 4th quarter is going to me a heart attack.:):rolleyes: The final MOV may be only 11 but in reality it could have been 30. IMO.
Another great game by all who played.
Of course Siegrist kept her 20+ streak going but it seemed to me that she took more than 3/4 of Nova's shots in the last 5 minutes of the game.
And we ended another streak - no tournament victories in years ending in "3".

Reaction Score
Our defense came up big again, and our twin towers AE and DJ showed everyone why they are so good together. Aziz's brace must be pushing her shot to one side or the other...and Lou is always so impressive. Nika did a great keeping everyone on tract and leading the team. I hope Aubrey is ok, I missed the part where she left the game.
I was a little unhappy with Nova at the end of the game, we gave them their final 2 points and then with not way to win tried to pull a full court press-Why?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom