Use Block C more please - (Sorry to bring up again) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Use Block C more please - (Sorry to bring up again)

Reaction Score
too nice, no 'wow' factor.
this dog looks more likely to lick ur face, or pee on ur leg.
the current one is more likely to chew ur leg off. that's my dog!
coldly handsome, too.
With all due respect you are obviously too young or constantly stoned to remember UConn won 11 national championships with the smiling dog. It was recognized world wide with out Uconn or Connecticut on a shirt, just the smiling dog. A brand.
For anyone that ever played a sport the idea of defeating an opponent with a smile is way beyond that of a growl.

Everyone knew the smiling dog entering the gym, or on tv.
The present wolf does not look like a dog. Again with all due respect my last on the topic. Hope you can find a day to catch reality.
The Nike, Warde, Susie connection set the program back rather than ahead as far as logo and merchandise goes.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
With all due respect you are obviously too young or constantly stoned to remember UConn won 11 national championships with the smiling dog. It was recognized world wide with out Uconn or Connecticut on a shirt, just the smiling dog. A brand.
For anyone that ever played a sport the idea of defeating an opponent with a smile is way beyond that of a growl.

Everyone knew the smiling dog entering the gym, or on tv.
The present wolf does not look like a dog. Again with all due respect my last on the topic. Hope you can find a day to catch reality.
The Nike, Warde, Susie connection set the program back rather than ahead as far as logo and merchandise goes.
the big clock on the wall sez it 2-0-2-2, very soon to be 2-0-2-3.
adapt accordingly.

uconn-wallpaper-5.jpg

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
adapt accordingly.

uconn-wallpaper-5.jpg

Right. Can't wait to see Michigan's 2-0-2-3 helmets with a cartoon wolverine in a yoga pants... hey it's the future dude- embrace it!

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The State Tartan Helmet!

View attachment 80310

As a descendant of the MacTaggarts I fork-ing LOVE THAT. Imagine the nosebleeds on opposing teams if a we fielded an entire tartan uniform for special games? Rach coin!

EDIT: And screw field goal competitions during commercials- Lets toss the caber!!

Reaction Score
I hope the brand deptartment has though of this already, but a pseudo retro alternate where we use the late 90’s/early 2000’s basketball uniform template with the old husky logo on a white helmet would be awesome

Attachments

• 4EDD9EB0-21C6-4421-8A01-105BDC9DABDA.jpeg
    4EDD9EB0-21C6-4421-8A01-105BDC9DABDA.jpeg
    129.6 KB · Views: 72
Reaction Score
I hope the brand deptartment has though of this already, but a pseudo retro alternate where we use the late 90’s/early 2000’s basketball uniform template with the old husky logo on a white helmet would be awesome
I'd love that. Maybe I'm not in such a small minority

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
adapt accordingly.

uconn-wallpaper-5.jpg

all design trends, cultural norms, and fan opinion suggests the return of the Proper Dog, the Old Dog, is inevitable. hope you're on board in "2-0-2-7" or whenever

Reaction Score
After seeing the flag-themed block C to be used for the UMass game, I am convinced beyond a doubt that the Block C must remain the core helmet decal to be used by this team. I am a relatively new fan, so i recently learned about this being principally a RE-era branding, but it doesn't matter. it's such a clean design.

I sense that UConn may be looking for a fresh start, or to align branding among teams, etc.. those things are fine, but I still think this decal must remain a core part of the brand. It's a great design, and it is in the university font as well, so very much aligned to the overall brand strategy.

Additionally, something bout the navy helmets with navy facemasks and the dog decal, just doesn't sit with me. It looks boring, cheap even. The Navy Helmets with white facemask and block C is a solid look. However, the best look of all IMO is the white/white/white uniform, with block C and navy facemask on the helmet. gorgeous combination that will never age - think packers/alabama.

Finally, if my suspicions regarding UConn branding are correct, I want to remind the athletic leadership that plenty of schools have football-only quirks in branding, or specific-sport branding, within their greater athletic brand. Notable examples:

• Princeton Football Helmet (wings - they do not use the "tiger print P" typically seen everywhere else)
  • Michican Football Helmet (actually princeton wings)
  • Delaware Football Helmet (same wings as princeton and michigan)
  • Tennessee Lady Vols basketball (sky blue accent to the standard Volunteer orange used by mens & other womens teams)
  • Many college baseball teams (Uconn included among those - "hook C")

There are surely others I can't think of at this moment, but you get the point. Block C may not have the history of these programs, but it's a simple, clean, and football-distinctive look that I believe deserves a place of prominence moving forward, as opposed to the path-to-extinction I'm seeing so far.
Unfortunately I agree with coach Mora that the C from our baseball program (hook C ?) is the classiest and unique to Uconn
that we have which also goes back decades. the block C looks so plain ,industrial and unimaginative like someone came up
with it in 2 minutes.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
so there we have it. we got the ol yeller dog crowd fighting with the dog who wears a coat gang, and then there is the throwdown going on between the hook c and block c crew, while us wolf warriors watch in bemusement from the sidelines, as we polish the crown. the king!
try and take it if u dare. just remember, we bite, hard, with our big and nasty chompers, and we never brush them.
ur mutts use water pics, and stand at the sink on little footstools, so they can see the mirror. prolly using cordless ones since its kind of ruff for them to plug it into the outlet.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
all design trends, cultural norms, and fan opinion suggests the return of the Proper Dog, the Old Dog, is inevitable. hope you're on board in "2-0-2-7" or whenever
'fan opinion'
wait, whut? based on what?
why not just make it a poll here? let the people decide!
put 'em on the glass, urea!
and, u better register like a pantload of new accounts to even be remotely close to the inevitable outcome.
of course, if the poll was available to the universe, the result would obviously be 'why did u bother?'

Reaction Score
I love the fact that despite how terrible UMass is we’ve embraced our special bowl of…

Gotta love it! Go dawgs!

Reaction Score
I only like the block c as a throw back uniform when we play a big east team. Otherwise time to turn the page

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The block C is great. People don’t like it cause they don’t like Edsall. RE2.0 might’ve been a terrible football coach, but that doesn’t make him wrong about the logo. Bring it back full time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom