Use Block C more please - (Sorry to bring up again) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Use Block C more please - (Sorry to bring up again)

Reaction Score
I hate our 2023 helmets. They look so Pop warner.
rather put Baby Jonathan'e eyes on the helmet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
i got my wish!!! watch us win --- #blockCpower
I'm all in for anything that changes our current run of luck.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
The block C is great. People don’t like it cause they don’t like Edsall. RE2.0 might’ve been a terrible football coach, but that doesn’t make him wrong about the logo. Bring it back full time.
People don't like it because it looks like a high school helmet from a school that has no one - staff or students - that have any creativity.

Reaction Score
People don't like it because it looks like a high school helmet from a school that has no one - staff or students - that have any creativity.

It’s a simply horrendous helmet and it should have been buried with Diaco and the Civil Conflict trophy.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say that about block C. It’s not iconic but it’s not bad. If anything the white dog IS iconic. Personally I think the current husky looks more high school-ish than the old logo.

I would do a throwback game with the white dog which is something we’ve never done before. Bball does it. Football should do it too.

1696621276548.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How creative are Alabama's helmets? Penn St? Notre Dame? Georgia, Oklahoma or Texas? Ohio St? Tennesse?

The highest profile football schools are conspicuously uncreative when it comes to their helmets. The block C won't be a problem if we win and is far from our biggest concern if we don't win.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t say that about block C. It’s not iconic but it’s not bad. If anything the white dog IS iconic. Personally I think the current husky looks more high school-ish than the old logo.

I would do a throwback game with the white dog which is something we’ve never done before. Bball does it. Football should do it too.

View attachment 91887

Something like this would be vastly preferable. That Husky logo is very appealing.

Reaction Score
How creative are Alabama's helmets? Penn St? Notre Dame? Georgia, Oklahoma or Texas? Ohio St? Tennesse?

The highest profile football schools are conspicuously uncreative when it comes to their helmets. The block C won't be a problem if we win and is far from our biggest concern if we don't win.

We are not one of those schools. And just because we dress up in a bland “classic” helmet won’t make us more like them.

Reaction Score
I checked with Sesame Street and apparently the alphabet precedes FHCRE in history. It's time to let go of Randy, not the letter C.
Couldn’t help laugh. Had an imager in my head of a guy with chisel making a C and crowd dudes in tunics heckling “too boring”.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We are not one of those schools. And just because we dress up in a bland “classic” helmet won’t make us more like them.
Neither would dressing up in some exotically decorated helmet.

We have a large number of things to worry about before we get to whether the helmet should stay or go. When we resolve the issues that are a higher priority than the helmet, the helmet won't matter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

We have a large number of things to worry about before we get to whether the helmet should stay or go. When we resolve the issues that are a higher priority than the helmet, the helmet won't matter.
Alternative view:

Block C remains undefeated this season. It is our go to lid.

Reaction Score

I disagree in that branding is the long play. I look the block C because I think it's clean and is reminiscent of other long term brands.

Others want the newer husky logo because they think flashy does better. A lot of Uconn fans prefer flashy and showy.

Reaction Score

View attachment 91887
No.

Reaction Score
Nor does dressing like Oregon make us play better.

Yeah i can’t see how getting tons of Nike money to find the program would help the program.

The Block C is:stupid. It’s like McDonalds trying to serve champagne.

Reaction Score
Yeah i can’t see how getting tons of Nike money to find the program would help the program.

The Block C is:stupid. It’s like McDonalds trying to serve champagne.
I didn't realize we need the graces of Saint Nike to survive as a program that it should come at the expense of our own branding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom