OT: - US Open | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: US Open

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Anyone bet on Richard Bland??:cool:

In May 2021, in his 478th start on the European Tour, Bland achieved his first victory at the Betfred British Masters. At age 48, Bland also became the oldest first-time winner on the European Tour.[2]
He went off 500/1. That would be an amazing flyer - almost like betting on Mickelson for the PGA.

Reaction Score
He went off 500/1. That would be an amazing flyer - almost like betting on Mickelson for the PGA.
even a bigger flyer IMO....Phil is a known entity with 45 tour wins...took this guy almost 500 events to get 1 win...How awesome would it be if he stays in contention...at 48

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Course at Torrey isn't the most interesting but players of all different styles and capabilities are up on top of the leaderboard. At least we will see some juxtapositions and variances on how to attack holes and salvage holes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can't get excited about Bland... yet. Feels like rooting for Rich Beem at this point.

Doesn't look like either Ancer or Zalatoris will make cut, and Phil just did a Phil, so all three guys I mentioned look like non-factors.

Not sure who I'll get behind yet, but Louie, Rahm, and Mackenzie Hughes are all candidates and good stories.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can't get excited about Bland.. yet. Feels like rooting for Rich Beem at this point.

Doesn't look like either Ancer or Zalatoris will make cut, and Phil just did a Phil, so all three guys I mentioned look like non-factors.

Not sure who I'll get behind yet, but Louie, Rahm, and Mackenzie Hughes are all candidates and good stories.

You don't say.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Zaback gave it the old college try but missed cut by one with a 75-72/147. Meanwhile, Hervol scrambled his way to an 81-79/160, which, while last in the field, will simply go down as an MC.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some nice pairings today.

Henley and Bland. Neither one is a huge household name and neither should feel the pressure of being paired with the other. Just two guys playing an afternoon round together.

Wolff and Oosthuizen. Real good pairing for Wolff as Louie is one of the easier guys to be paired with for a round. Completely different styles but both get it done.

Rahm and Bubba. This could be fun. Couple of hot heads who get emotional and try to take it out on the course. Seems like the group most likely to have a 65 AND a 77 in it.

Hughes and Streelman. See Henley and Bland. No stress on either one. Couple of journeymen playing a round together.

Scheffler and Schauffele. Another fun group. Two guys looking for first major and take jump to next level. I said earlier this year I expect Scheffler to win a major before Schauffele. If Xander is going to prove me wrong this is the best chance at his home course.

Rogers and Migliozzi. Interesting pairing. Rogers was supposed to be the next great thing as an amateur. Tied Tiger's record for most wins at Stanford and was the #1 ranked amateur in the world. Pro success hasn't been there.

I know there are a few others but the only other grouping which intrigues me is JT and Morikawa. Big Morikawa fan and his round yesterday was brilliant. JT hung in there yesterday. It's the consistency of Morikawa against the wild swings of JT. If I were at Torrey today I'd be watching this pairing and then Rahm/Bubba.

Reaction Score
Watched the weekend that Bland finally won on the Euro tour it was a great story. Would love him to add to his story this weekend. Rooting for him but man it will be a tough stage to hold up on. Guy can roll the ball let’s see if he can hold up.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I would think that Rahm has to be the favorite now.

Reaction Score
I would think that Rahm has to be the favorite now.
I don’t disagree but there are plenty of guys within striking distance that could win this. I would love to see Wolff take this one. Would be a great story coming back from his break.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well that got kind of interesting. Some heavy hitters near the top of the board and some lesser known folks, other than Louis, leading by a couple. My first post was something to the effect that I have no idea what to expect and I wasn't disappointed. I still don't know.

Rory has never won a major coming from behind. Bryson is right there. Rahm 3 back, Dustin 4 back.

I don't see Louis doing any worse than par, so someone is either going to have to come get him or one of the other two leaders will have to out duel him.

Should be a great final round for sure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some nice pairings today.

Henley and Bland. Neither one is a huge household name and neither should feel the pressure of being paired with the other. Just two guys playing an afternoon round together.

Wolff and Oosthuizen. Real good pairing for Wolff as Louie is one of the easier guys to be paired with for a round. Completely different styles but both get it done.

Rahm and Bubba. This could be fun. Couple of hot heads who get emotional and try to take it out on the course. Seems like the group most likely to have a 65 AND a 77 in it.

Hughes and Streelman. See Henley and Bland. No stress on either one. Couple of journeymen playing a round together.

Scheffler and Schauffele. Another fun group. Two guys looking for first major and take jump to next level. I said earlier this year I expect Scheffler to win a major before Schauffele. If Xander is going to prove me wrong this is the best chance at his home course.

Rogers and Migliozzi. Interesting pairing. Rogers was supposed to be the next great thing as an amateur. Tied Tiger's record for most wins at Stanford and was the #1 ranked amateur in the world. Pro success hasn't been there.

I know there are a few others but the only other grouping which intrigues me is JT and Morikawa. Big Morikawa fan and his round yesterday was brilliant. JT hung in there yesterday. It's the consistency of Morikawa against the wild swings of JT. If I were at Torrey today I'd be watching this pairing and then Rahm/Bubba.

And Bubba with the 77.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought Rory might pull this off and he is in good shape.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom