Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hear you but NBA teams would get his medical information either way.

It doesn't make sense for the staff to hide a potential foot injury in hopes of preventing NBA teams from finding out.

I would guess he doesn't play tonight with the long layoff before the Depaul game on Jan 2 and then the Boneyard will do a whole bunch of guessing and arguing until then.
Idk I don’t feel that strongly about it, just speculating, and obviously any nba team will do their due diligence anyway…but the second it comes out he re-injured the foot, even if it’s a minor miss one game injury, his foot holding up becomes a bigger media issue for the rest of the year and every draft “expert” is including in their write ups his foot being a concern. If he does end up missing significant time I imagine the truth would come out but if there’s a chance it’s just a day to day thing it makes sense to me to avoid saying it’s a foot injury for now.

Reaction Score
I hear you but NBA teams would get his medical information either way.

It doesn't make sense for the staff to hide a potential foot injury in hopes of preventing NBA teams from finding out.

I would guess he doesn't play tonight with the long layoff before the Depaul game on Jan 2 and then the Boneyard will do a whole bunch of guessing and arguing until then.
Or longer. It’s better to give him time to fully heal even if it costs us a game or 2. Sit him until the Creighton game mid Jan

Reaction Score
Idk I don’t feel that strongly about it, just speculating, and obviously any nba team will do their due diligence anyway…but the second it comes out he re-injured the foot, even if it’s a minor miss one game injury, his foot holding up becomes a bigger media issue for the rest of the year and every draft “expert” is including in their write ups his foot being a concern. If he does end up missing significant time I imagine the truth would come out but if there’s a chance it’s just a day to day thing it makes sense to me to avoid saying it’s a foot injury for now.
Yeah that's true. Hopefully it's just all a big nothing and we're just Boneyardin'

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Didn’t Hurley say it was a sprain before the MRI?

If that’s the case he could’ve genuinely though my it was a sprain but the MRI came back with different results.

Reaction Score
They'll probably test it during warmups and go from there. If he wants to shoot it up, shoot it up but expect big minutes from Samson regardless

Reaction Score
Upcoming BE schedule is somewhat favorable if they choose to rest DC a few weeks. Might be the right move. Bring him back for Creighton 1/17.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Same guy that gave me the Castle timeline before it was public. Probably reliable. Feel free to ignore it.
Connections don't always get the absolute lowdown but can confirm you have a reliable source that your information, as awful as it is in this case, is not completely speculative. Thanks for the heads up!

Reaction Score
He hasn’t practiced since the injury. Just got an MRI. Last game before a long holiday break. I’m not one to make uneducated guesses, but I’d be shocked if he played tonight.

Reaction Score
Hurley says he is NOT practicing because of pain. My guess (with no info) is that the we hear in the pregame he is sitting.

If so, the bigger becomes, how long should he sit? And it makes one wonder if he should have sat longer earlier.

Reaction Score
Big ? Imo is can the injury get worse if he plays? Is surgery necessary for full recovery or is it to eliminate pain

Reaction Score
Why make the announcement before the game ... make St Johns think he is playing. Makes no sense

Reaction Score
Why make the announcement before the game ... make St Johns think he is playing. Makes no sense
Hurley said he used to play games with that kinda stuff, but now doesn't. Either way, they've had to prep the last couple of days with Clingan in mind. There's not that much edge in the last few hours before the game.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he just gets all the way healthy now. We might lose some really weird games without his rim protection

Reaction Score
Upcoming BE schedule is somewhat favorable if they choose to rest DC a few weeks. Might be the right move. Bring him back for Creighton 1/17.

It’s not that favorable without DC, this changes everything I’m afraid. No protection or advantage in the interior changes the whole dynamic of this team, and how the others guard us. As well as how they attack the basket on offense. It’s survival time, if he’s coming back at all!

And to ever say it was a sprained ankle is ridiculous!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89