Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I heard they went to Ruth Chris the night before. If you ask me, they needed a slap in the face. People won’t stop talking about last year and this team might be better blah blah blah. After all the traveling and winning and games at MSG they have got to be tired and feeling fat and happy. Welcome to the BE.
Do all the sports teams at UConn go to Ruth Chris? Wow.

Reaction Score
I think he’s gonna play tomorrow night. If mri shows no damage could see him tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
Why is he just now getting an MRI?
There are a number of reasons. Swelling can inhibit the image. They may not have been able to examine it properly immediately following the injury, and the exam could have revealed something new. He could have reported different symptoms — worsening pain or pain in a new location.

Reaction Score
With the long layoff, I would probably my sit Clingan unless swelling is down. Just not need to force him.

As far as singare. Should be ready for a couple of minutes, but I would imagine the non-Samson minutes will got to Karaban at the 5. Could then bring in Stewart at the 4.
Singare is a sting bean, far from ready from anything

Reaction Score
Swelling does not prevent you from getting an MRI.

MRI is a powerful tool. Sometimes you may not want to open Pandora’s box if it’s a straight forward ankle sprain.

Quick tangent—the amount of times I’m strong armed into ordering an MRI on my patients because they want one is nauseating. Most of the time it doesn’t change management, especially if you are over the age of 50.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Swelling does not prevent you from getting an MRI.

MRI is a powerful tool. Sometimes you may not want to open Pandora’s box if it’s a straight forward ankle sprain.

Quick tangent—the amount of times I’m strong armed into ordering an MRI on my patients because they want one is nauseating. Most of the time it doesn’t change management, especially if you are over the age of 50.
Giddy over the age of 50 is moot and the current rec is to wait for swelling to go down. Since we can see license numbers from space I agree swelling shouldn’t be an issue

Reaction Score
Spencer would do a better job than Singare in this nightmare scenario
Well, Spencer does have more girth than Singare if you want to find a favorable comparison.

Maybe, his upfakes would draw fouls on Soriano.

Reaction Score
Karaban struggles with bigger and/or quicker 4s, he'd get eaten alive by guys like Soriano.

I'd rather throw Singare on him and just use up the 5 fouls as opposed to getting Karaban into foul trouble.
I’ve said this before; Singare’s 5 fouls are not worth what is lost on the offensive end without DC or SJ in

And that sets aside what his lack of experience would obviously cause on the defensive end as well

Reaction Score
How in gods name would you know that???
Spencer looks stockier and wider than Singare to me.

I am joking about the upfakes, but I have seen Spencer give some when he was guarded by a guard. Maybe that motion would elicit some fouls from Soriano. Huge problem is that Soriano could shoot over him.

Maybe desperate times need desperate alternatives.

Just my opinion, and others are entitled to theirs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It is what it is folks. No sense stressing about it. Johnson will need to log big minutes. Singare maybe a few. Alex in at 5 when Joel is out. But one of forwards stuck on our bench has to play. Maybe Roumoglou, he’s actually tallest.

The good news is we can plan for it. Soriano cannot run with Johnson. Push the pace. Maybe let Samson take 3s if Soriano packs the paint. I think Hurley has been saving that. There are plenty of ways to win this game.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I’ve said this before; Singare’s 5 fouls are not worth what is lost on the offensive end without DC or SJ in

And that sets aside what his lack of experience would obviously cause on the defensive end as well

Well, Clingan is going to give you 0 minute vs St. John's, so unless you expect Samson to play all 40, what do you plan on doing?

Reaction Score
Spencer looks stockier and wider than Singare to me.

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Singare is a sting bean, far from ready from anything
If ESPN is correct, Samson is literally 5 lbs heavier than Singare (225 vs 220), and they are both 6'-10". So, physically they are almost identical. (Soriano is listed at 6'-11" and 255 lbs. ) If Clingan doesn't play, while he is outweighed, Samson could make things difficult for Soriano with his quickness and athleticism. We have hardly seen Singare, save for his HS highlights reels, but this may be his time to grow up fast. I like what I've seen of him. He is agile, can create shots on offense, and has good mobility and shot-blocking abilities on defense as a big man. He is capable of getting out to the perimeter to block shots. It will be interesting to see how they defend Soriano- especially if he proves too much for Samson. They may end up doing some double-teaming ala Zach Edey. Hopefully, Clingan can give us some minutes. We shall see.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
There should be minutes for Stewart to have a chance to show something more than flashes, not always ideal but Ball got his chance when Castle was out & he made the most of it. We'll see who steps up.

Reaction Score
This is an epic game for Samson in this program. He can make a statement that all of the hype that Hurley laid on him is valid. Now, do we expect that much? No. But a solid performance defending Soriano and rebounding is the bare minimum tonight. And a few flushes would be fine.

Reaction Score
It is what it is folks. No sense stressing about it. Johnson will need to log big minutes. Singare maybe a few. Alex in at 5 when Joel is out. But one of forwards stuck on our bench has to play. Maybe Roumoglou, he’s actually tallest.

The good news is we can plan for it. Soriano cannot run with Johnson. Push the pace. Maybe let Samson take 3s if Soriano packs the paint. I think Hurley has been saving that. There are plenty of ways to win this game.

Agree he can’t run with him but SJ will have issues guarding him on the block, probably turning into foul trouble. Singare will need to see 4-6 minutes if no DC.

We can only hope the SJ we saw the other night was the same as the others, just a bad game for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom