Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow all the message board speculators who knew nothing somehow figured out it wasn't an ankle, but his foot. Absolutely incredible!

This is a massive loss - no other way to spin it. If he's back before March you'd sign up for it at this point.

No freaking idea why they had him playing vs the Pine Bluffs of the world.
Come on man. Do you think maybe he got the green light to play and we wanted him to be used in actual game conditions?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m worried he’s going to have to recondition again like he did at the start of the season. He was just getting back into regular shape.

I'm not worried about because I know it's reality.
Really need to massage hisbl recovery and minutes. Really becomes everything timed for NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
Wow all the message board speculators who knew nothing somehow figured out it wasn't an ankle, but his foot. Absolutely incredible!

This is a massive loss - no other way to spin it. If he's back before March you'd sign up for it at this point.

No freaking idea why they had him playing vs the Pine Bluffs of the world.
Do we actually know that's why this injury happened? It seems very unlikely he'd be playing if the doctors said there was a chance of reinjury

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m very curious to see how the minutes at 4 and 5 end up being split

Reaction Score
If someone here suggests that we fire the technician that performed the MRI I hope such a suggestion is just a bad joke or hyper sarcasm. So now we will see what this team is made of. Quoting “Kapitan Obvious “ we of course all realize that that injuries are a fact of sports life.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I blame the sneakers for most of this season’s injuries
Yeah. What happened high or even mid tops? Who’d even want to “lace em up”? If you’re not having anything…..up? Slides will be the next evolution
When they got that Kobe deal I knew there would be problems. Kobe’s, and mostly every other current basketball shoe, are made below the ankle and are not protective. Clingan needs an old pair of Hyperdunks. Problem solved.

Reaction Score
So let’s say we go small with Karaban st the 5. Less of an issue than one may think. Who does Soriano guard if we employ a true 5 out offense? He gets gassed easily every game. His minutes will be limited because he won’t keep up with Alex or Samson for that matter.

Reaction Score
I mean really, if we’re being honest we had TREMENDOUS injury luck last season…..and we are coming off a Natty. The one thing I’ve sort of learned to accept about the regular season is:

1) Do well enough to make the NCAAs
2) Get healthy going into the NCAAs
3) Be playing our best going into the NCAAs

After those things really what matters? A Big East championship banner? A perfect season? Conference championship banner?

Meh. We play for the BIG prize, kids. The days of taking pride in extra laundry are well done and passed.
Realistic hopes.

We won Nattys with bumps in the road and rough patches before.

It's all good. It's about the journey. The destination will take care of itself.

Reaction Score
i like the thought of Castle as sort of a playmaking 4. Stewart also has the build to battle at the 4. Both of those guys could see their offense open up a little by matchIng up with bigger, slower defenders.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Do we actually know that's why this injury happened? It seems very unlikely he'd be playing if the doctors said there was a chance of reinjury

We don't - but he obviously hasn't looked like himself all season and has been grimacing at points during multiple games.

There's likely not a definitive answer a doctor could give to say yes this 7' 2" giant has 0% chance of reinjury - so they probably thought reinjury was unlikely and/or leaving himself to other injuries playing compromised. That of course turned out to not be the case.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Come on man. Do you think maybe he got the green light to play and we wanted him to be used in actual game conditions?

Pine Bluff was sandwiched in between a stretch of Kansas UNC and Gonzaga, I don't think Pine Bluff was make or break.

Reaction Score
Realistic hopes.

We won Nattys with bumps in the road and rough patches before.

It's all good. It's about the journey. The destination will take care of itself.
Yeah we did it with Brimah.

Reaction Score
If someone here suggests that we fire the technician that performed the MRI I hope such a suggestion is just a bad joke or hyper sarcasm. So now we will see what this team is made of. Quoting “Kapitan Obvious “ we of course all realize that that injuries are a fact of sports life.
The radiologist interprets the findings and writes the report, not the technician. The technician puts you in the capsule and monitors the process and does know if if the test is progressing satisfactorily. The technician chides you if you move.

I have had enough MRI's to know this. Glad they play the music I like when I'm trying to remain still and immovable.

After the test is completed and reviewed by the radiologist, the radiologist would know if the MRI was obscure and indecipherable and would blame the technician for that.

Unless, the radiologist is there during the test, but I don't think so.

No need for conspiracy theories.

Reaction Score
As a fan, I hope he takes as much time as needed, even if he may have to return another year. We were fortunate to get number 5 this year, so we are not starving.

Simply put DC has to get 'fully' healthy, and put all doubters to rest. His future basketball income will be determined based on his health (or perception).

He's a projected lottery pick . . . . . . . if fully healthy. In his line of 'work'; Health=Wealth so he shouldn't jeopardize this by putting his NBA career at risk.

Reaction Score
Somewhat related. But just saw Seton Hall lost to Xavier 54-74 and it was a crime what they did to us driving uncontested

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
1703371886444.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads