Updates on Clingan ankle ? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Updates on Clingan ankle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Trust the trainer. He was in the locker room with DC. He knew the situation better than anyone else.

He talked to DC when he went back to the bench and saw his movement.
I thinking and hoping Hurley might try DC and Samson on the floor at the same time. It would definitely take some of the defensive pressure off of DC and might shield him so to speak from getting whacked under the basket, tripping or falling, etc. and would also help with rebounding, and also might give open shots for Newton, Cam, and Karaban on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
I’m worried he’s going to have to recondition again like he did at the start of the season. He was just getting back into regular shape.
He's definitely going to fall behind, but hopefully he peaks at the right time....he's a big guy being asked to play a lot of minutes....might keep the rest of his body somewhat more fresh compared to the competition when tourney time begins.

Reaction Score
These things aren’t black and white.

Another way to put it is that waiting an extra 2 weeks would not have substantially lowered his risk for re-injury.
We have no way of knowing. But I just don’t think he was fully healthy when he returned. All of the wincing and the running gingerly was worrisome. We’ve been staring at this elephant in the room since he came back.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
From the Courent: UConn men’s basketball center Donovan Clingan will miss the next 3-4 weeks with a right foot injury, the team announced Saturday afternoon, prior to a prime time matchup against St. John’s.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Wow all the message board speculators who knew nothing somehow figured out it wasn't an ankle, but his foot. Absolutely incredible!

This is a massive loss - no other way to spin it. If he's back before March you'd sign up for it at this point.

No freaking idea why they had him playing vs the Pine Bluffs of the world.

Reaction Score
@DaveHuskiesFan said about a month he was right there. He added “maybe surgery” so he may not be back so be prepared. It’s a young man bigs foot and his future is bigger than the Huskies this year.

Stewart, Ross will have to grow as will Singare. It’s going to be interesting to see how the staff adjusts to each match up for sure, they can’t do the same old thing. You stay stubborn like they did against the Hall we’re in for a long BE season. The Butlers, Novas, Musketeers all become a lot better without that guy in our lineup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have no idea what this team is gonna be but I think we will be pleasantly surprised. We were electing Samson President 3 weeks ago, we should have the same faith in him and the rest of the team, which is one of the most complete teams we've had in ten years. Even if we lose a few unexpected big east games, which of you would have have taken 6-2 during last years winter stretch with no ring instead of 2-6 in the winter stretch with a dominant tourney and natty. Nobody knocks a super bowl or World Series winner if they get in as a wild card. Develop without DC and go into March healthy.

Reaction Score
I mean really, if we’re being honest we had TREMENDOUS injury luck last season…..and we are coming off a Natty. The one thing I’ve sort of learned to accept about the regular season is:

1) Do well enough to make the NCAAs
2) Get healthy going into the NCAAs
3) Be playing our best going into the NCAAs

After those things really what matters? A Big East championship banner? A perfect season? Conference championship banner?

Meh. We play for the BIG prize, kids. The days of taking pride in extra laundry are well done and passed.

Reaction Score
This is not a relief at all. The next few weeks will be very difficult without our unicorn. 14 points and 7 rebounds a game just left our line up. That is a significant dent that we probably can't fully replace.

We are still very good. But we will have to play very well with a much smaller margin of error.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I posted pretty quickly that it did not look like an ankle. We won’t get anything else from UConn, so we can speculate and guess, but for those of us that have played sports and pay attention to detail, you kind of block out what coaches and others say about injuries. It is all BS and more with Hurley than most any coach I have seen. He has his reasons for being guarded about an injury, so take it as a statement and not criticism. But anyone who really watched and thought that was an ankle injury my suggestion is to pay attention better. I pledge not to post on this topic again. I will close by saying this. If we see DC back on the floor in January we will be lucky. And if he is on the floor in January we should be crossing fingers, legs and eyes that we don’t have a rinse and repeat issue. Big men and feet, only one solution time, time and more time. When you think they are ready wait longer. He hurt it on a pretty low impact play. He was never right and finally let it loose because he got it in his head that he was being tentative for no good reason. His body knew why he was being tentative. So as soon as he starts looking like DC wham re-injured.

Reaction Score
To be fair, it seems it’s not an ankle injury after all.
No, this isn’t necessarily correct. Could be a peroneal tendon issue which would absolutely feel like an ankle sprain pre-MRI but would be a lot less painful. This also makes sense with Dr. Dan saying there wasn’t much swelling.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I posted pretty quickly that it did not look like an ankle. We won’t get anything else from UConn, so we can speculate and guess, but for those of us that have played sports and pay attention to detail, you kind of block out what coaches and others say about injuries. It is all BS and more with Hurley than most any coach I have seen. He has his reasons for being guarded about an injury, so take it as a statement and not criticism. But anyone who really watched and thought that was an ankle injury my suggestion is to pay attention better. I pledge not to post on this topic again. I will close by saying this. If we see DC back on the floor in January we will be lucky. And if he is on the floor in January we should be crossing fingers, legs and eyes that we don’t have a rinse and repeat issue. Big men and feet, only one solution time, time and more time. When you think they are ready wait longer. He hurt it on a pretty low impact play. He was never right and finally let it loose because he got it in his head that he was being tentative for no good reason. His body knew why he was being tentative. So as soon as he starts looking like DC wham re-injured.
As far as big men and feet, I think Joel sat out for 2-3 years to fully heal his when he got to Philly (which they had no problem doing because of “The Process”) and Chet I think had foot issues too which made him miss his first year.

I suspect whatever team drafts Donovan is going to do whatever to get this issue fixed immediately no matter how much time it would take. But it seems fixable as long as we treat it appropriately here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom