Uncle Cliff | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Uncle Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe some here have, but I can say that I've never personally known any serious pothead who were successful in life or career. The ones I've known/know just sleepwalk through life. I saw an interview recently where one of the smokers who invented the term '420' and owns a legal pot business said he stopped smoking years ago because he found it hindered success and he saw that the heavy smokers he knew had life issues they were trying to numb. They had bad careers and relationships either as a result of smoking or vice versa.
We don't need to look any furthur (yes I know) than the person the threads about. I think I read his net worth is around 20 mil. But I will say yes if you are smoking, drinking, jerking off habitually it's gonna create issues. I'm pretty sure in was Gandhi who said "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
We don't need to look any furthur (yes I know) than the person the threads about. I think I read his net worth is around 20 mil. But I will say yes if you are smoking, drinking, jerking off habitually it's gonna create issues. I'm pretty sure in was Gandhi who said "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
Yes. It was definitely Gandhi.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
for doing one or the other. The argument that pot doesn't lead to other drugs - ask the neighborhood crackhead what drug he started on?

Probably his mom drinking, smoking, or shooting when she was pregnant. Pretty good bet.

I'm also willing to bet that alcohol leads to a far greater number (raw and %) of alcoholics than marijuana as a gateway drug leads to narcotic addicts. Let's ban alcohol. Because that worked well in the past. And billions of people are able to use it responsibly.

But beware the pot match, y'all.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Maybe some here have, but I can say that I've never personally known any serious pothead who were successful in life or career. The ones I've known/know just sleepwalk through life

Wow, I've known hundreds. You'd probably be shocked at how many professionals, including many you may work with, smoke on a regular basis. Some of the most successful and skilled surgeons I know smoke on the regular. They do it for stress relief.

Reaction Score
Wow, I've known hundreds. You'd probably be shocked at how many professionals, including many you may work with, smoke on a regular basis. Some of the most successful and skilled surgeons I know smoke on the regular. They do it for stress relief.

People are always surprised that so few districts drug test their teachers. And the reason is that, if they did, they wouldn't have any teachers.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Reading this thread - seems like everyone's goal is to have their kid grow up to be a potheads.
Do I think pot hurts motivation? Yes, I have seen examples of that including two of the names some have mentioned.

The most ridiculous aspect of your mini crusade here is that I never advocated for or against usage in any way. My comments were only directed at the failure and lack of perspective of your logic.

In fact, your logic is so flawed I am inclined to think you must be high on something. Probably self righteousness.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
People are always surprised that so few districts drug test their teachers. And the reason is that, if they did, they wouldn't have any teachers.

This gives me a chuckle, as I grew up the son of teachers on a new england prep school campus. When I got older and clued in, the world opened up a bit more as to what went on with the adults after class gets out.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This gives me a chuckle, as I grew up the son of teachers on a new england prep school campus. When I got older and clued in, the world opened up a bit more as to what went on with the adults after class gets out.

C

Chief00

This thread turns the World upside down - true some alcoholics and druggies are successful people - always have been - as there are tobacco smokers that live beyond average life expectancy - but that doesn't make it wise or good for them.

Reaction Score
I know I am not going to convince anyone because you like the weed, I can't even convince some friends. Is alcoholism or drug dependency worse - roll the dice - but it's a sad rationalization for doing one or the other. The argument that pot doesn't lead to other drugs - ask the neighborhood crackhead what drug he started on?

You can't possibly be more wrong. But, hell, that's never stopped you before. The "gateway" myth is just that, a myth, and your invocation of the "neighborhood crackhead" shows just how completely out of touch you are. But that's been known.

It's like labeling anyone that smokes pot a "druggie." You sound like someone out of Reefer Madness. I'm not going to turn this into some kind of high-achievement contest but I know plenty of people who are high achievers, high earners, well rounded lives who prefer marijuana to getting __-faced. I know exactly zero people whose marijuana use led them into a downward spiral of drug addiction.

If a loser decides to get high he's just a loser who gets high.

In a way, I'm glad you feel the way you do. It's in keeping with your persona on here: completely certain, rarely correct, always inadvertently hilarious.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You can't possibly be more wrong. But, hell, that's never stopped you before. The "gateway" myth is just that, a myth, and your invocation of the "neighborhood crackhead" shows just how completely out of touch you are. But that's been known.

It's like labeling anyone that smokes pot a "druggie." You sound like someone out of Reefer Madness. I'm not going to turn this into some kind of high-achievement contest but I know plenty of people who are high achievers, high earners, well rounded lives who prefer marijuana to getting __-faced. I know exactly zero people whose marijuana use led them into a downward spiral of drug addiction.

If a loser decides to get high he's just a loser who gets high.

In a way, I'm glad you feel the way you do. It's in keeping with your persona on here: completely certain, rarely correct, always inadvertently hilarious.

The funny part is, if he really were who he acts like he is, Calhoun would've signed him on to run an anti-drug seminar for the team every year, thereby eliminating the possibility of any Huskies to have been stoners.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
This thread turns the World upside down - true some alcoholics and druggies are successful people - always have been - as there are tobacco smokers that live beyond average life expectancy - but that doesn't make it wise or good for them.

This thread has not turned the world upside down. Most of it was good natured fun.

Have you injected the finger pointing scold routine to the Best Beer thread yet? You probably should just for consistency.

C

Chief00

The funny part is, if he really were who he acts like he is, Calhoun would've signed him on to run an anti-drug seminar for the team every year, thereby eliminating the possibility of any Huskies to have been stoners.

Funny story - I was at Mayor Mikes when a fan confronted Calhoun on Dyson being stoned during a game - As I recall, Dyson was suspended within days.

Reaction Score
So do you want your teenager to smoke pot?

No, but I'd prefer that to a teenager drinking, and neither of those things is relevant to whether or not a responsible, successful adult can use it recreationally without having a negative impact on their life.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
So do you want your teenager to smoke pot?

I have two teenagers. One probably does and will continue to. One doesn't and probably never will. Both are great kids.

I tell both of them the same thing. I love them and want them to be healthy, happy and productive members of society. They will have to figure out that path for themselves since I can't live their lives for them. And they are both to a point where their peers have far more influence over them than I do.

Ostracizing them, punishing them or making a bigger deal out of it would be counter productive and possibly push them to more rebellious behavior.

The one that does was far more adversely effected by being bullied at a young age than by having a puff now. I talk to her matter of factly about the potential ramifications.

Being supportive of their strengths goes much farther than vilifying their weaknesses.

All of that said, I would intervene if I started to see really self destructive behavior.

I'm guessing your line would be much easier to cross.

Reaction Score
Funny story - I was at Mayor Mikes when a fan confronted Calhoun on Dyson being stoned during a game - As I recall, Dyson was suspended within days.

2O8vjfv.gif

C

Chief00

It was actually a female - the same lady that gave JC a hard time for running up the score on Tom Moore - he told her "WTF" do u want me to do - aka we are so much better
He knows her so she can get away with it - she is Boston so he puts up with it

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Of course we all love our kids.

My kids are easy to love. They are genuinely good kids.

I would prefer they don't smoke pot as teens. And the best way of preventing that would be to eliminate the black market by fully legalizing and selling over the counter to responsible adults of legal age, just like we do with alcohol.

The best way to squash the "gateway" effect would be to stop lumping MJ in with more harmful drugs.

I would be even less OK with my teens drinking. Would I ever hope they never in their adult lives responsibly get to enjoy a fine microbrew or glass of wine? No. I would hope they grow to have the strength of character to enjoy a libation or whatever brings them joy and balance it by fulfilling responsibilities and prospering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom