UConn v UMass 2023 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn v UMass 2023

Reaction Score
Why would you rent a 70,000 seat stadium to play in front of a crowd that, if lucky, will get to 20,000? Don't care myself -- Gillette would be a little easier to get to and have better sitelines, but don't get it.

Reaction Score
Why would you rent a 70,000 seat stadium to play in front of a crowd that, if lucky, will get to 20,000? Don't care myself -- Gillette would be a little easier to get to and have better sitelines, but don't get it.
I guess it’s all about the buzz…but for me Gillette is only 30 minutes away from home. Let’s go Huskies!

Reaction Score
No easy way to get there from Ffld county, is there a hotel in Patriot place?

Reaction Score
I don't see what "buzz" or excitement there is playing in an empty stadium, no matter how state of the art it is, but whatever.
Kraft probably wants to generate some business for Patriot Place. Likely giving UMass a favorable rental. Too bad they can't use Alumni Stadium in Chestnut Hill. BC doesn't get much use out of it.

Reaction Score
Gillette is in one of the worst locations for a professional football stadium. Playing there is a disaster. Fitting 10-20K in a 70K stadium optically looks like an absolute failure for both sides. Cool, playing in a "pro stadium" sounds nice, but when it's in a trash location and no one shows up, it doesn't look as nice as it sounds.

Yes, it's "accessible" for CT folks, but so is the Rent...so is driving up I-90 to Amherst. At least we in theory could fill those stadiums.

Reaction Score
Anyone paying that much expecting to go to Gillette on Sunday is going to be very upset. The Pats-Giants game is at the Meadowlands.
Haha, then why on earth are those hotels so expensive?

Reaction Score
Gillette is in one of the worst locations for a professional football stadium. Playing there is a disaster. Fitting 10-20K in a 70K stadium optically looks like an absolute failure for both sides. Cool, playing in a "pro stadium" sounds nice, but when it's in a trash location and no one shows up, it doesn't look as nice as it sounds.

Yes, it's "accessible" for CT folks, but so is the Rent...so is driving up I-90 to Amherst. At least we in theory could fill those stadiums.
I wonder what the cost of parking will be. I have seen $50 for concert parking. That is why I normally park on the road into the stadium (Rt 1) for far less.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Loved that Fenway game - great time, great town. Hope the Gilette rumor isn't true

Reaction Score
I don't see what "buzz" or excitement there is playing in an empty stadium, no matter how state of the art it is, but whatever.
I’m with you on this. For all its faults as a football venue, playing at Fenway would be fun and there is much more to do pre and post game in Boston. At Gillette there is a strip mall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom