UConn Transfer Portal | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We won last season and we still lost Carter, Turner and Marion.

It’s all about $$$
I hate to say this, but Zoo is right. Talking with even low level D1 basketball, all anyone cares about is NIL.

They need to regulate it because, tbh, dropping a bag is still against the rules. Schools shouldn’t be working in tandem. But of course they are.

I just fear UConn is following the spirit of NIL as well as the toothless rules while everyone else is the wild west.

Reaction Score

It’s all about $$$
Did they transfer during the season? Still had depth at rb this year. UConn has to come up with more NIL money.

Reaction Score
Michigan State's official NIL partner just dropped most of the football players they had on NIL. They had somewhere around 35 on NIL and have dropped it to less than 5. Wonder if Carter is regretting that move or not. No coach, possibly no bag.

Reaction Score

It’s all about $$$
I think UConn is trying to be competitive with mid tier P5 schools (if not, why are we scheduling 3 to 4 P5 schools per year?). Just ball parking based on the Front Office Sports article, it seems UConn boosters should be targeting ~$1.5 million of NIL for football: 24 starters (21 O and D plus punter, kicker, LS) at $25k each comes to $600k, $250k for starting QB, $100k for back up QB, $300k extra for top performers, $250k for the rest of the roster.

In case your wondering, the D'Amelio Collective includes (according to their web site) 7 UConn football players: Roberson, Rosa, Ross, Joly, Mitchell, Haynes, and Jackson Harper. Probably not enough.

Last edited:

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I hate to say this, but Zoo is right. Talking with even low level D1 basketball, all anyone cares about is NIL.

They need to regulate it because, tbh, dropping a bag is still against the rules. Schools shouldn’t be working in tandem. But of course they are.

I just fear UConn is following the spirit of NIL as well as the toothless rules while everyone else is the wild west.
Isn't that always the case? We feel the need to be rule followers for some stupid, shooting ourselves in the foot reason. This is why we need to get over ourselves and any of you who say you'd rather have us follow some stupid set of rules that others don't follow need to wake up. If we want to win, we need to play the same game everyone else is playing.

Reaction Score
I think UConn is trying to be competitive with mid tier P5 schools (if not, why are we scheduling 3 to 4 P5 schools per year?). Just ball parking based on the Front Office Sports article, it seems UConn boosters should be targeting ~$1.5 million of NIL for football: 24 starters (21 O and D plus punter, kicker, LS) at $25k each comes to $600k, $250k for starting QB, $100k for back up QB, $300k extra for top performers, $250k for the rest of the roster.

In case your wondering, the D'Amelio Collective includes (according to their web site) 7 UConn football players: Roberson, Rosa, Ross, Joly, Mitchell, Haynes, and Jackson Harper. Probably not enough.

Trying to be.

We’re clearly not.

Reaction Score

People are leaving schools for minuscule deals too.

You have to wonder how bad off we are.

Reaction Score
Isn't that always the case? We feel the need to be rule followers for some stupid, shooting ourselves in the foot reason. This is why we need to get over ourselves and any of you who say you'd rather have us follow some stupid set of rules that others don't follow need to wake up. If we want to win, we need to play the same game everyone else is playing.

Because we are the ones the NCAA always goes after and penalizes

Reaction Score
You’re delusional.

He’s not even as good as the guys who already left.

Hope he gets a totally sweet $3500 flip flop NIL deal at Kennesaw State or wherever.
You sound absolutely asinine. The kid plays his heart out for nearly 3-4 years and you’re alll fan favorites. He chooses to leave the program. A decision that was likely the best thing he could’ve made for himself, considering this terrible season, and now all of sudden, he’s a quitter and you all are full of mal opinions and mal intentions like ANY of you would stay in a burning house yourself. He is not a martyr. What he owed the team is what he gave them. I mean.. why so sad? Literally. After all, Rosa is the ‘Hart’ of Connecticut so let’s see how good he really is and where he leads the team. Can’t believe a bunch of old men with ED would want a kid to stay in a spiraling program just so you can shout ‘Go Huskies’ in battered Spirit wear that’s too little. You were just singing his praises weeks ago and now he needs to be at Footlocker because he made a personal decision for him and his future. I’d just as soon be gone too. With a terrible OC who can’t devise schemes to his strengths, a shrinking depth chart because obviously the players want out, and fans with plenty of keyboard courage crying because he’s now given you less material for your think pieces on this forum. You all should be ashamed.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I don't think anyone knows what they will be receiving if they leave, but it is more than what UConn is offering and sadly there is no more loyalty

Reaction Score
Michigan State's official NIL partner just dropped most of the football players they had on NIL. They had somewhere around 35 on NIL and have dropped it to less than 5. Wonder if Carter is regretting that move or not. No coach, possibly no bag.
Good.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone knows what they will be receiving if they leave, but it is more than what UConn is offering and sadly there is no more loyalty

I can guarantee you that the ones leaving know this. But the pull to stay isn’t there.

Reaction Score
I also think they need to rethink the 4 game redshirt. I agree the earlier rule was a bit unfair but I dislike this one too. I’d go with 1-2 or maybe x plays. Or make it coach’s decision after a game or 2. You play in 2 games you can only redshirt with the coach agreeing. You hit the portal after game 2 you lost a year. I also agree that you should need to repay 75% of your scholarship/expenses or whatever % is left in the season.

Reaction Score
And to think UConn tried to get him to walk on. Only FBS offer. Could use more like him.

Reaction Score

Maybe some are still leave for good Ole fashion reasons too???? Playing time, with a chance win, and, most important, get their degree(s) in preparation for life after football career wise....

Reaction Score

It’s all about $$$
You know I thought really though Carter leaving was a dumb move on his part. But he's even better for MSU and honestly that makes me happy for him. He stuck it out through all the garbage here and he deserves to show his stuff in the lime light. He's their top rb now.

Reaction Score
I blame the running back situation on the OC not getting his talent on the field. Given the RB position had much more talented depth than receiver, we should have had a least two of our RB’s on the field at the same time, and perhaps occasionally three. Put them in the backfield, in the slot or even wideout. But, to have them unhappy and not on the field was crazy. My own feeling was that Victor was third string because they thought he was less likely to leave. But then he did better than the other guys so he played more and they got unhappy. They should never have been mutually exclusive,

Reaction Score
Whoever sets them up get to make the rules. And then others can contribute based on those rules or not. Freedom of contract.
UConn Football has done more than enough over the years to STILL be fighting for survival. The people at the top don't have the opportunity for growth of ALL student athletes as their primary goal. Their own personal interests are all they understand.

Reaction Score
I blame the running back situation on the OC not getting his talent on the field. Given the RB position had much more talented depth than receiver, we should have had a least two of our RB’s on the field at the same time, and perhaps occasionally three. Put them in the backfield, in the slot or even wideout. But, to have them unhappy and not on the field was crazy. My own feeling was that Victor was third string because they thought he was less likely to leave. But then he did better than the other guys so he played more and they got unhappy. They should never have been mutually exclusive,

Put an offensive scheme in place to give kids more PT and keep them happy?

Reaction Score
I think Victor was 3rd string to motivate him. As for Brewton, he wasn't going to get many touches on offense. He averaged less than 2 carries and 1 reception per game for his career. Honestly, I like the way Edwards runs over Houston. He cuts inside instead of bouncing outside and it looks like he is harder to bring down. Maybe there was another way to utilize Houston, but I think his touches were going to go down and would he accept it? I don't think he is a better slot receiver than Ross, so I'm not sure where you would play him. Would he accept 5 to 7 touches per game or should he get some NIL on another team where he is going to get 5 to 7 touches per game?

I'm not sold on the WR talent being that poor. Do they have great speed and ability to create separation? Doesn't seem so. I think they ran more schemes to create separation this week and the receivers looked better. Joly is a hybrid TE and I liked the way they utilized him this week. With the WRs we have, you have to scheme to get them open and I think Charlton did a poor job of that until this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom