UConn Transfer Portal | Page 14 | The Boneyard

UConn Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He also dropped a screen pass that should have gone for a big gain.

We are not going to be up in many games and will have to throw the rock. Having running backs out there after carrying the rock 15-20 times and running pass routes will not work.
Was that the screen pass that was 6’ over his head?

Reaction Score
I was surprised Rosa came in as RB. He seemed very athletic and versatile when he was recruited.

He also added 15lbs over the offseason. He seems to have lost something.

He might match up well against a Linebacker in coverage, but most teams have linebackers as quick as he is.

Reaction Score
Damn! Well, hmmm, might be a slight uptick in the number of DUIs in the area. Maybe Gengras could loan out some Jeeps to UConn starters...no?

Could you imagine if Georgia got this deal? They would have to double the amount of cops to deal with all of the moving violations.

Reaction Score
Wow they just killed any program looking to upgrade from FCS to FBS by increasing the application fee from $5,000 to $5 million
The bigger impact isn't the one time fee, it's the increase in the number of sports & scholarships that must be fully funded; that recurring cost (which must be met by all current FBS members as well (by 2027)) is much more impactful than a one time payment.

Reaction Score
The bigger impact isn't the one time fee, it's the increase in the number of sports & scholarships that must be fully funded; that recurring cost (which must be met by all current FBS members as well (by 2027)) is much more impactful than a one time payment.
this was coming... with the invention of the playoff and some other factors a lot of programs were looking to move up to FBS. when there's little difference then what's the harm in moving up. After all, scholarship limits are not scholarship minimums

Reaction Score
Good God. No one is saying you don’t need multiple play makers on the field at the same time. People are saying you need them to have skill sets that enable them to play different positions.
Have you check our stats this season? Victor is leading the team in receptions and is second in receiving yards. He is also our leading rusher.

Reaction Score
Didn't Rosa run away from the NC State cornerbacks and safeties on his big TD run?
Or do you just mean he wouldn't be able to run patterns that would give him separation?
Victor is the fastest guy on the team.

Reaction Score
Have you check our stats this season? Victor is leading the team in receptions and is second in receiving yards. He is also our leading rusher.
I find this hard to believe. Is Rosa really leading the team in receptions or is Chief casually dropping acid on a Wednesday night?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Kansas has as much, if not more, national brand/exposure/winning/coaching as UConn basketball, whether we like it or not. Self is a damned good coach, the school has great facilities and they are in the best conference in CBB.

What are you even talking about?
I am talking about this thing called football, on which the topic of the forum you are commenting on is focused on. My entire comment was based on that and it just so happens that football is something that Kansas and UConn have issues with. So, they must pay more money, because as I said, they do not have a Nick Saban and NFL draft pipeline that attracts recruits aside from the money.

Reaction Score
I am talking about this thing called football, on which the topic of the forum you are commenting on is focused on. My entire comment was based on that and it just so happens that football is something that Kansas and UConn have issues with. So, they must pay more money, because as I said, they do not have a Nick Saban and NFL draft pipeline that attracts recruits aside from the money.

I was responding to VietVet who was specifically talking about a basketball player. Go back and read through the comment chain I was responding to if you would like. You're making yourself look like even more of a Neanderthal than usual here.

Reaction Score
Why will the ACC need more schools? Now that they’ve “recruited“ (over the past decade) BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Stanford, Cal, and SMU, they‘re at 18.

Even if they were to lose FSU and Clemson, they would continue to qualify for the FBS cash grab, so I don’t understand why they’d need us (especially if we continue in and around the weekly Bottom 10).
If we can continue to win basketball championships (men and women) some major conference (ahem, B1G) will tire of the embarrassment of annually failing to win (one championship since 1990) and clamor to add a school that can deliver NC's.

Also, with UConn's success in women's sports like basketball, field hockey and now ice hockey, we could truly be New England's school and be a real plus for a league looking to capitalize on eyeballs in a six state region currently overlooked.

There, problem resolved..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak