Uconn students | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uconn students

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didnt go to the game today because im trying to save as much money as I can for the big time games. Im sorry I assumed Uconn would destroy USF. Just thought i would rather pay 30 bucks for Cinci, Tulsa, and SMU then 40 including yesterday
Assumed is correct. In regards to the season Uconn has had, you can't assume a win. They need all the support they can get from their fans. Maybe you should wait for the final game.

Reaction Score
Found the geezer who doesn't make noise during the game and gets cranky when someone in front of him gets excited and stands up.
It certainly wasn't you. What's this old people sh#t with you.

Reaction Score
There were 18 Uconn basketball games in Connecticut this season. If someone went to every game that would be 36 hours of their life spent watching basketball. Add 18 hours for travel (which is on the low end if you're driving from Uconn); That's 54 hours each year spent watching 18-24 year old's play a game.

But "true fans" have to watch all the away games on TV too, right? That's another 30 hours, which means "real fans" of Uconn basketball spend 84 hours each year watching college basketball.

Guess what? Kids in college shouldn't be spending 84 hours of their life watching other people become great.

They should be spending that time developing their own greatness, and I can guarantee you that's not going to happen by spending 84 hours fawning over how good other people their age play basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There were 18 Uconn basketball games in Connecticut this season. If someone went to every game that would be 36 hours of their life spent watching basketball. Add 18 hours for travel (which is on the low end if you're driving from Uconn); That's 54 hours each year spent watching 18-24 year old's play a game.

But "true fans" have to watch all the away games on TV too, right? That's another 30 hours, which means "real fans" of Uconn basketball spend 84 hours each year watching college basketball.

Guess what? Kids in college shouldn't be spending 84 hours of their life watching other people become great.

They should be spending that time developing their own greatness, and I can guarantee you that's not going to happen by spending 84 hours fawning over how good other people their age play basketball.

Some people just have more important things to do than watch a drubbing of USF in person.
WHAT Is this a joke?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I disagree with nearly this entire post. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

There have been about 130 days since the start of the season or 3120 hours and you're thinking the difference between greatness is 84 hours of entertainment? If you can't attain greatness in 3036 hours I doubt 3120 is gonna help you.

Reaction Score
I disagree with nearly this entire post. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Except there are better ways to "play" on Uconn's campus.

I'm sure the "non-fans" that skipped yesterday's game were enjoying Thirsty Thursday, watching the game on campus with hot, drunk women.

Poor Jack.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It's at least a little bit frustrating. Hopefully tonight is different.

The games are at the XL center in Hartford, Connecticut. The excuses about buses and the administration not catering to students is bogus. Right or wrong, it's always been like that. I didn't miss a game when I was a student. We took the train down to MSG. Hell, one year we all rented a room in a shady Motel 8 in Stamford. If you really wanted to be there, you'd be there.

Now, I give slight leeway to the current students based on the conference and quality of opponent situation, but it hasn't been a spectacular showing at the XL all year.

Husky25

Reaction Score

I'm sure the "non-fans" that skipped yesterday's game were enjoying Thirsty Thursday, watching the game on campus with hot, drunk women.

Poor Jack.
So spending 84 hours (out of 3240 = 30 days x 4 1/2 months x 24 hours) as a drunken mess is better time spent in furthering students down their path to greatness?

Reaction Score
There have been about 130 days since the start of the season or 3120 hours and you're thinking the difference between greatness is 84 hours of entertainment? If you can't attain greatness in 3036 hours I doubt 3120 is gonna help you.
Do you stay up 24 hours a day genius?

Your point might have been valid if you had accounted for sleep, eating, or more importantly - class.

God forbid anyone wants to enjoy themselves in ways other than attending every Uconn basketball game.

Reaction Score
So spending 84 hours (out of 3240 = 30 days x 4 1/2 months x 24 hours) as a drunken mess is better time spent in furthering students down their path to greatness?
Your reading comprehension skills are poor. That's not what I said.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Hate comments like this. UConn was not running buses to the game so you had to get there on your own, which is tough for the majority of the students, who don't have cars on campus. Break hasn't started yet. If it had, I would have transportation and would've been there. Sorry to disappoint.

Stupid they aren't running buses - and excuses are like armpits.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
sorry but if your a uconn fan and you live in ct and your not at the games this weekend your a huge ....straight up.
Oh - so you will be at the Football games this year as well?
Just asking...

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Considering the amount of support the students have shown the past two years, it's a joke that anyone would even think to criticize them.
Their support for UConn FB should be fully criticized then.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Their support for UConn FB should be fully criticized then.
You cannot criticize anyone that is not a self proclaimed die hard fan for not supporting a team that went 2-10 and is 15-33 in the last 4 years. But that conversation has been had ad nauseum.

Reaction Score
Question for any students that attended the game yesterday: Were you allowed to leave the XL after you obtained your ticket or were you forced to enter? I imagine if you are just picking up the ticket, you shouldn't have to enter the XL right away but want to check with someone

Husky25

Reaction Score
Your reading comprehension skills are poor. That's not what I said.
It's what you implied.

Here are your posts. Emphasis has been added, but they are quoted in full so as to not remove any context (though throwing in the "non-fan" qualifier doesn't help your argument any). A non-fan is, by definition, not a fan of the program and they wouldn't go to the games in the first place, and they are not the population in question.

They should be spending that time developing their own greatness,
and I can guarantee you that's not going to happen by spending 84 hours fawning over how good other people their age play basketball.

Poor Jack.

This boils down to getting drunk on well drinks at Nickel Night is somehow more productive to future individual greatness than watching a spectator sport.

In any event, that was not in your original post. Me thinks any confusion has less to do with my reading comprehension rather than the writing communication skills of the positor.

Reaction Score
Question for any students that attended the game yesterday: Were you allowed to leave the XL after you obtained your ticket or were you forced to enter? I imagine if you are just picking up the ticket, you shouldn't have to enter the XL right away but want to check with someone
No; me and my friend got or tickets then left to get food at NY Deli across the street. They for scan/rip your tickets when you buy them at the box office

Reaction Score
No; me and my friend got or tickets then left to get food at NY Deli across the street. They for scan/rip your tickets when you buy them at the box office
thanks, that's good to hear. And did you have to show your ID again when you entered like normal games?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
UCFootball said:
Do you stay up 24 hours a day genius?

Your point might have been valid if you had accounted for sleep, eating, or more importantly - class.

God forbid anyone wants to enjoy themselves in ways other than attending every Uconn basketball game.

You're striving for greatness here. You don't have time for ridiculous things like sleep and not continuing with the greatness quest while you eat.

Reaction Score
Oh - so you will be at the Football games this year as well?
Just asking...

yup i will be. sad really. last night looked like a night at the Rent. Difference is were a blue blood basketball team. Shame. No hope for tonight either

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight... we are questioning our most rowdy, loud and loyal fan-base for not showing up when:

1) There is no bus transportation.
2) They have to show up very early to guarantee they get student tickets.
3) Students only have one section.

So theoretically, a student could have taken the risk of driving all the way to Hartford on their own, only to find out the ticket allotment for their 1 section is finished.... which means they'd then have to pay full price for a ticket which would presumably be in the upper bowl because that's all they can probably afford or what would be left right before a game.

And we're blaming the students?! When 3/4 of the old farts in XL barely stand at all during the game? Wow. How about you stand up for the whole game and yell and cheer like one of the students to make up for it instead of complaining about it.

I have no doubt that the students will fully occupy whatever section they were allotted tonight. It's up to us as general fans to be LOUD on our own. Stop blaming the students when there's a lot of factors at work against them.
We have a winner.

Reaction Score
No sign of Uconn students at today's Uconn BB game. They apparently can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. 5500 fans for this game. Maybe it was just too late or too far for our student fan base.

Paging Makers Muppet! Makers Mupper to the Yard....Stat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom