Uconn students | The Boneyard

Uconn students

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No sign of Uconn students at today's Uconn BB game. They apparently can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. 5500 fans for this game. Maybe it was just too late or too far for our student fan base.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Are you still there? Game's over. Go home, man.

Reaction Score
No sign of Uconn students at today's Uconn BB game. They apparently can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. 5500 fans for this game. Maybe it was just too late or too far for our student fan base.
Hate comments like this. UConn was not running buses to the game so you had to get there on your own, which is tough for the majority of the students, who don't have cars on campus. Break hasn't started yet. If it had, I would have transportation and would've been there. Sorry to disappoint.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
UConn didn't run student buses? wtf?
The general rule of thumb is, whenever it comes to the UConn administration doing somthing good for the basketball team or the student fans, they WILL duckk it up. Remember in 2011's final four when all 3 other schools offered full ticket, hotel, and travel packages for their students at subsidized costs to make it affordable? Yea, UConn was the only school not to do it, which is why our student section during that run was pathetic, they actually gave free tickets to Rice and Houston students and told them to root for UConn, embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Hate comments like this. UConn was not running buses to the game so you had to get there on your own, which is tough for the majority of the students, who don't have cars on campus. Break hasn't started yet. If it had, I would have transportation and would've been there. Sorry to disappoint.

you only had 5 days to get transportation.

Reaction Score
Well then maybe you need to open your eyes and crank up the hearing aid. The school did not sell any tickets; there was only the AAC allotment of 120 for $10. And we were all there, just screwed royally. We had to sit 5 rows back, behind the band, and at the hoop across from the normal one. Still, that did not deter us from at least trying to be loud, especially for the whole 90 seconds the game was undecided. The turnout will be even better for Cincy.

Reaction Score
In his defense it's hard to get a loan, buy a car, and register that car while taking mid-terms for classes that will determine his future all in 5 days.

Oh please, if you are smart enough to get into UConn then you are smart enough to figure out how to get a ride. It is 20-25 minutes away if you really want to go.

Reaction Score
Oh please, if you are smart enough to get into UConn then you are smart enough to figure out how to get a ride. It is 20-25 minutes away if you really want to go.
You realize that they capped student tickets at 120 right? I'm not a student but a grown man calling out kids makes you look like quite the douchenozzle.

Reaction Score
Considering the amount of support the students have shown the past two years, it's a joke that anyone would even think to criticize them.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It's like the big east and msg. Four sections. They have to split it up

Reaction Score
The student sections for the tourney is only 150. It's first come first serve with your student ID when you arrive at the XL. If you are number 151 you have to buy tickets.

Not sure but I'd think this was the AAC policy and not UConn's. We gave away hockey tickets through the ticket office in Storrs.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Let me get this straight... we are questioning our most rowdy, loud and loyal fan-base for not showing up when:

1) There is no bus transportation.
2) They have to show up very early to guarantee they get student tickets.
3) Students only have one section.

So theoretically, a student could have taken the risk of driving all the way to Hartford on their own, only to find out the ticket allotment for their 1 section is finished.... which means they'd then have to pay full price for a ticket which would presumably be in the upper bowl because that's all they can probably afford or what would be left right before a game.

And we're blaming the students?! When 3/4 of the old farts in XL barely stand at all during the game? Wow. How about you stand up for the whole game and yell and cheer like one of the students to make up for it instead of complaining about it.

I have no doubt that the students will fully occupy whatever section they were allotted tonight. It's up to us as general fans to be LOUD on our own. Stop blaming the students when there's a lot of factors at work against them.

Reaction Score

This post begs the question "were you at the game?".

Reaction Score
I didnt go to the game today because im trying to save as much money as I can for the big time games. Im sorry I assumed Uconn would destroy USF. Just thought i would rather pay 30 bucks for Cinci, Tulsa, and SMU then 40 including yesterday

Reaction Score
Also spring break started this week so a lot of the students went home for the week or went to florida or something

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight... we are questioning our most rowdy, loud and loyal fan-base for not showing up when:

1) There is no bus transportation.
2) They have to show up very early to guarantee they get student tickets.
3) Students only have one section.

So theoretically, a student could have taken the risk of driving all the way to Hartford on their own, only to find out the ticket allotment for their 1 section is finished.... which means they'd then have to pay full price for a ticket which would presumably be in the upper bowl because that's all they can probably afford or what would be left right before a game.

And we're blaming the students?! When 3/4 of the old farts in XL barely stand at all during the game? Wow. How about you stand up for the whole game and yell and cheer like one of the students to make up for it instead of complaining about it.

I have no doubt that the students will fully occupy whatever section they were allotted tonight. It's up to us as general fans to be LOUD on our own. Stop blaming the students when there's a lot of factors at work against them.

Yes, it must be scarey driving ALL THE WAY to Hartford and watch old people just sitting there. Thank God we fans could hear you and see you jumping via the TV screen. I'm sure it was going to difficult getting a ticket with all those Texas and Florida fans there. Also, hard to make a lot of noise with so few people.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Yes, it must be scarey driving ALL THE WAY to Hartford and watch old people just sitting there. Thank God we fans could hear you and see you jumping via the TV screen. I'm sure it was going to difficult getting a ticket with all those Texas and Florida fans there. Also, hard to make a lot of noise with so few people.

Found the geezer who doesn't make noise during the game and gets cranky when someone in front of him gets excited and stands up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom