Transfer Portal | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are well over 1,000 players in the portal. We can't be in touch with every single one of them who is a quality player.
In my opinion Sears is in the top 3-5 of available PGs and we probably don't have much shot at 1 or 2 of the others, so he's in the top 3 I think we should have offered.

It's possible staff knows he's not interested or whatever already, but still disappointing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In my opinion Sears is in the top 3-5 of available PGs and we probably don't have much shot at 1 or 2 of the others, so he's in the top 3 I think we should have offered.

It's possible staff knows he's not interested or whatever already, but still disappointing.
I suspect a lot of schools that aren’t listed contacted someone and found out they aren’t what the player is looking for so they don’t show up in these lists. Geography, school culture, there are lots of reasons to transfer other than basketball.

Reaction Score
Only gonna pay attention when they cut their list and include UConn..no need to pay attention until then

Reaction Score
other than the fact that he shredded us & played a real good big East tourney game, can someone explain all the Simas love? Everyone is aware he shot 28% from Deep last year right?
He has a really nice shooting stroke and took a lot of difficult shots because Butler’s offense stinks. I think this is one of those cases where the 3p% doesn’t tell the full story. He wouldn’t be the lead guy but he’s someone who looks like they would develop into a really good player

Reaction Score
Based entirely on his recruiting ranking.
Yeah it's a recruiting website, they're going to emphasize recruiting evaluation.

He still might have a top 30 potential in general, so I'm not sure they're necessarily wrong, though.

Reaction Score
Last night, Bobby Hurley snared the Cambridge bros:
  • Desmond Cambridge, 6'4 180 5th from Nevada, 16.2p, 37 3p%
  • Devan Cambridge, 6'6 215 4th from Auburn, 5.3p, 3.6r
And then this...

Seems like the Hurley bros are polar opposites on how they are building teams. For example, the top-four minutes guys in their backcourt were all transfers.

Reaction Score
If some kid on the puke squad were smart, he'd transfer to syracuse, then transfer to nova or Iona or kentucky. then he could write a book someday saying he played for 3 or 4 iconic college coaches, not that I personally agree with the classification. or go into coaching. play the long game.

Reaction Score

This could be a big one. We were in on him a couple years ago

I'm assuming this is Nolley, based on the timing of my news feed.

Even in a "down year", Nolley averaged 9.8p, 3.9r, 2.8a, 2 to, 0.9s, 41.4 2p%, 33.6 3p% (about 40% shots are from deep) and 79.5 ft% with 2.5 attempt/game in 26.6 mpg.

After a season with so much attention on Cole, I'm all about acquiring another good distributing wing to play the 3 or 4. If you have a lineup with PG/Hawkins/Jackson/Nolley/Sanogo, you have four very capable passers. It also gives you the flexibility to acquire more of a scoring PG rather than a PG who is more of a distributor...

Heck yeah, I'd be interested.

Reaction Score

He looks exactly like Cole 2.0.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming this is Nolley, based on the timing of my news feed.

Even in a "down year", Nolley averaged 9.8p, 3.9r, 2.8a, 2 to, 0.9s, 41.4 2p%, 33.6 3p% (about 40% shots are from deep) and 79.5 ft% with 2.5 attempt/game in 26.6 mpg.

After a season with so much attention on Cole, I'm all about acquiring another good distributing wing to play the 3 or 4. If you have a lineup with PG/Hawkins/Jackson/Nolley/Sanogo, you have four very capable passers. It also gives you the flexibility to acquire more of a scoring PG rather than a PG who is more of a distributor...

Heck yeah, I'd be interested.
It was Nolley, not sure why the tweet was deleted

Reaction Score
I wanted Nolley bad the first time looked like a knockdown pure, pure shooter that could put it on the floor some too. Haven’t followed how he did at Memphis. Still want!!

Reaction Score
I wanted Nolley bad the first time looked like a knockdown pure, pure shooter that could put it on the floor some too. Haven’t followed how he did at Memphis. Still want!!
Down year kinda, but think he battled through various injuris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle