Transfer Portal | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I thought he was in days ago? Maybe it wasn't official, just a VC tweet?

Either way, we should definitely be on the list of people approaching him unless we have someone locked down already.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He should be playing the 4. He can guard them and there’s way fewer 4s that can contain him on the other end than 3s.

Tatum is a perfect example what the modern 4 should be. People are stuck thinking 4s are just big men who can stretch their range to the corner. A 4 with some traditional guard skills is so much better for the offense
Sure, but Tatum is almost the same size as Sanogo. He's put on a ton of muscle. And he often plays as a 3, not a 4. Not that it matters much. Jackson is not built like Tatum.

I think Akok or Johnson will start at the 4 this year. Anybody suggesting Karaban is more ready for that role isn't being realistic. If Jackson isn't a SF, it's because we struck out on a starting PG, but did land somebody like Lukosius who is playing the 3 and Jackson is the PG.

Reaction Score
I've been leading the Simas fan club since he played against us. Want him so badly. Tough kid too
I’m with you. Don’t care about his numbers, this kid can play. We need him.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of bringing Cross in. I think you could almost split minutes evenly between him Corey and Karaban to start the season and kinda let things work themselves out from there based on who’s delivering.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Oh boy

This would be a horrible fit. Having him and Jackson on the floor together would be a nightmare. He may be a worse shooter than Jackson.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Meh. He's ridiculously streaky and doesn't shoot well from 3. Not sure this is the guy. In the last 10 games of the season he shot 10/39 from 3. He had that 27 point game, but also 3 games of 2 and 0 points in the same span. Wasn't much better at the rim either.
He'd be a lot less streaky on a team that allowed him to get real rhythm jumpers.

Teams this past season could afford to put a premium defender on him and never help off him because Butler had so little other offensive firepower.

He'd get clean looks with us.

Reaction Score
He'd be a lot less streaky on a team that allowed him to get real rhythm jumpers.

Teams this past season could afford to put a premium defender on him and never help off him because Butler had so little other offensive firepower.

He'd get clean looks with us.
I'd still take him as a bench guy but I think we have to be realistic. He was nowhere near the focal point of Butler's offense

Reaction Score
other than the fact that he shredded us & played a real good big East tourney game, can someone explain all the Simas love? Everyone is aware he shot 28% from Deep last year right?

Reaction Score
I'd still take him as a bench guy but I think we have to be realistic. He was nowhere near the focal point of Butler's offense
He should have started on that team.

Reaction Score
There are well over 1,000 players in the portal. We can't be in touch with every single one of them who is a quality player.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Never said he was. He's a role player, specifically a shooter. What I am saying is his raw shooting numbers don't really tell the full story on him.

Reaction Score
If lack of UConn recognition on any of these social media "releases" is any indication of schools reaching out to the portal guys-- We must be either locked in on some guys or still waiting for a Program fit. The decommits are the wild cards aside from the portal guys.

Next week will be pretty interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc