Transfer Portal | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
navery posted the quote above. hurley wants to bring in 2 more starting Gs, and hawk/jackson/sanogo are obviously the other starters, so that means he wants to play a 4 G lineup.

that's using deduction but i'm almost positive he explicitly said he wanted to play 4 Gs like he did at URI.

Honestly, I feel embarrassed that we've even had one exchange back and forth about this since we're kind of splitting hairs, but he technically said he wants skilled perimeter players which doesn't necessarily mean guards. There's not really much point in quibbling about it though since it's so arbitrary (some people would call Andre Jackson a guard, others a small forward).

Reaction Score
This kid is going to start someplace.
He may be able to start here.

PG Transfer
Hawkins
Simas
Jackson
Sanogo

We don't need to start a big at the 4 spot. Depending on the transfer, we could have a lineup of 6'5", 6'6", 6'6", 6'9". That's pretty normal

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes, and if he came here he would start too. I certainly hope we're interested and are able to get him!
He's actually big enough to play SF, so he might. But I don't think Jackson is playing the 4.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I feel embarrassed that we've even had one exchange back and forth about this since we're kind of splitting hairs, but he technically said he wants skilled perimeter players which doesn't necessarily mean guards. There's not really much point in quibbling about it though since it's so arbitrary (some people would call Andre Jackson a guard, others a small forward).
then why are you arguing?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's actually big enough to play SF, so he might. But I don't think Jackson is playing the 4.

Jackson could absolutely play the 4. He's a little undersized but he could defend all but the biggest PFs we face, especially since the game has evolved into that position being more of a stretch 4 than anything else.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
then why are you arguing?

Did you take that post by me to mean that I was looking to continue the argument? If you think 4 out = 4 guards, then more power to you.

Reaction Score
Did you take that post by me to mean that I was looking to continue the argument? If you think 4 out = 4 guards, then more power to you.
based on our personnel, with aj being the 4th G or SF or whatever you want to call him, then yeah it would be the same thing. go ahead and keep begrudgingly quoting me though.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Jackson could absolutely play the 4. He's a little undersized but he could defend all but the biggest PFs we face, especially since the game has evolved into that position being more of a stretch 4 than anything else.
He should be playing the 4. He can guard them and there’s way fewer 4s that can contain him on the other end than 3s.

Tatum is a perfect example what the modern 4 should be. People are stuck thinking 4s are just big men who can stretch their range to the corner. A 4 with some traditional guard skills is so much better for the offense

Reaction Score

I agree he can defend them. My only qualm is defensively. He's at his best guarding 2s and 3s. I would prefer to see him playing the point-forward role from the 3 and having someone else at the 4, ideally someone with some size like Akok or Johnson (or a transfer)... even just some other 6'7 wing-type player.

I like him at the 4 on offense, because we could easily put 3 shooters on the floor with him. His lack of ability to score really makes personnel management tricky. You basically can't have any non-scorers, or non-shooting threats at the other 3 perimeter positions at all.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I watched that game he played again Xavier when he was the Lithuanian Jordan and if he always plays like that, sign him up!!!

He was hitting every shot against us - easily the most impressive player from Butler, and a frosh too.

Hurley saw 1st hand ......

Reaction Score
He should be playing the 4. He can guard them and there’s way fewer 4s that can contain him on the other end than 3s.

Tatum is a perfect example what the modern 4 should be. People are stuck thinking 4s are just big men who can stretch their range to the corner. A 4 with some traditional guard skills is so much better for the offense
Basketball is becoming more and more positionless every year, and fans who are clinging to the traditional 1-5 and worrying about starter vs. bench are having a hard time keeping up.

Reaction Score
I would definitely take him but his numbers were worse than I expected them to be after watching him against us and knowing how he blew up against Xavier.

Reaction Score
I've been leading the Simas fan club since he played against us. Want him so badly. Tough kid too
Outside of whatever PG we land this kid is my #1 wishlist get. He's going to be so so so good. I hope Hurley is all over this one

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Maybe he’s a decent long term project. But his freshman year numbers are nothing to be excited about. He also looked like a mid major on defense against us a few times.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I agree he can defend them. My only qualm is defensively. He's at his best guarding 2s and 3s. I would prefer to see him playing the point-forward role from the 3 and having someone else at the 4, ideally someone with some size like Akok or Johnson (or a transfer)... even just some other 6'7 wing-type player.

I like him at the 4 on offense, because we could easily put 3 shooters on the floor with him. His lack of ability to score really makes personnel management tricky. You basically can't have any non-scorers, or non-shooting threats at the other 3 perimeter positions at all.
I’ve found it pretty interesting we’re not going after 3/4s to allow him to guard on the perimeter more. You didn’t like Akok enough to play him, Johnson looks even more raw than that, so what gives? Hopefully Karaban can slide in and play right away at the 4 otherwise it’s a little weird

Maybe he’s a decent long term project. But his freshman year numbers are nothing to be excited about. He also looked like a mid major on defense against us a few times.
He seems like the type who gives you 6 and 4 off the bench, which is straight but people are acting like he’s Doncic

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If this is regarding Simas, yes his numbers aren’t great overall, but he did have a bunch of explosive scoring games and shot 90% from the FT line. By the eye test, I love his game.

We have 4 open spots. We can still bring in 2 lead guards and pick him up as a depth piece to push CFJ / Karaban for a bench role next year (kid is going to be a great 4 year player who can eventually start for us)

Reaction Score
If this is regarding Simas, yes his numbers aren’t great overall, but he did have a bunch of explosive scoring games and shot 90% from the FT line. By the eye test, I love his game.

We have 4 open spots. We can still bring in 2 lead guards and pick him up as a depth piece to push CFJ / Karaban for a bench role next year (kid is going to be a great 4 year player who can eventually start for us)
Yeah I think the inconsistency in his shot is fixable. You could tell when his 3pt shot was going in and not based on his footwork and balance. I don't think it's an aiming/hand-eye problem, so should be able to quickly improve it.

I love his attitude, swagger, and his shooting numbers other than 3pt. Defense and athleticism are question marks (his athletic indicator stats like steal% and block% are really bad).

Considering our team is made up of a lot of guys of other types (athletic/raw/lacking aggression), I'd definitely be interested in putting him in the mix. Probably wouldn't be a starter for us next year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom