Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I was with you up till Max. That’s a hard pass for me. Behind the character issues (the spitting incident & I think he got suspended once outside that as well)
Beyond that, I don’t look at him as much beyond an energy guy who is goin to get his buckets off hustle and put backs. He seems kinda redundant Vs what I’m expecting Singare can provide
Forgot all about that tbh. I’d expect Dan to do a thorough check on his behavior since that incident, if he is interested. But honestly we’re probably better off skipping the headache for a guy who’s only role is to be 5 fouls and 10 minutes off the bench anyways. Good call.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I agree on a PG and def a SG to bridge until Solo Ball.

Is there any chance Adama comes back? He's an incredible college player but I really can't see how he makes it to the NBA. He can certainly make plenty of $ overseas but I'm hoping he and Jackson want to run it back.

If not hopefully Samson can play a lot of 4/5 mins.

caw

Reaction Score

Is there any chance Adama comes back? He's an incredible college player but I really can't see how he makes it to the NBA. He can certainly make plenty of $ overseas but I'm hoping he and Jackson want to run it back.

It's just too early to know on Samson, he unfortunately has had a rough year. I think people are hopeful because if Karaban is this good, Samson must be at least decent to have been in competition with him. That said, I think he will get pressure from the freshmen, especially if Jackson is back which would mean less time available at the 3 spot for a guy like Stewart (3/4).

Assuming Adama is gone, Clingan does need a back-up but Singare may not be as bad as some think. Can he provide what Clingan did for Adama, probably not, but can he provide what most backup centers do, maybe. We, as fans, are super spoiled this year with Adama and Clingan.

Syracuse has a lot of good players who were poorly coached (zone) this year. Doesn't ruin them for me, I mean Thybulle played two years in a zone and is a beast defender in the NBA. That said, 100% agree on no Girard.

Reaction Score
Medium priority: Primo Spears(Georgetown)

Contingent on changing his role. If he needs 20 shots, he can stay away. But as a microwave bench scorer that can play more minutes when our sets are smothered? You could do worse. But he’s not a starter on a F4 caliber team, and I don’t expect him to accept a smaller role at this point.
Hard pass on Primo. I don't think scoring from midrange will be an issue for us (Castle likes midrange). And Primo can't shoot from 3 and can't finish at the rim, so he's not doing anything Castle can't and not providing Jackson any spacing. He's also an atrocious defender.. In 2 years as a starter, his teams have gone 3-34 in conference play.

Reaction Score
Here's an actual name. He put his name into the portal early as a 5th year COVID grad transfer. Plays tonight in the Patriot league final if you want to do some scouting.

Bootleg Baylor Scheierman. 6'7". Not a strong defender, but his block/steal rates are actually not horrible. Career 39% from 3, 80% from the line. This season 42% and 86%. Definitely a shooter.

Reaction Score

I just don’t see how Clingan (he can’t be held back) and Sanogo (can/will he able to play PF) can both get a minimum of 25 minutes each. That issue and a shooting guard are the most pressing issues next year in my mind.

Reaction Score
We’re going to have a really thin frontcourt. Karaban and clingan will be great, but samson hasn’t shown anything and we need another body to fill that role if he’s a bust. I’d love if we were able to scoop someone like Drew Pember from UNCA, but he’ll probably end up transferring to somewhere that will allow him a starting role

Reaction Score
Transfer season is here! One of my new favorite parts of the college basketball calendar.

Sean Paul isn’t doing reggae hits anymore? Now he’s tweeting about college bball?

Reaction Score
We’re going to have a really thin frontcourt. Karaban and clingan will be great, but samson hasn’t shown anything and we need another body to fill that role if he’s a bust. I’d love if we were able to scoop someone like Drew Pember from UNCA, but he’ll probably end up transferring to somewhere that will allow him a starting role
Jaylin Stewart top 75 recruit should play 3/4 and Youssouf Singare the 5.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Samson because he was a starter at the beginning of the year, I assume for a reason. But it seems like it’s hard to come back for us when you get hit with an injury when your role isn’t solidified.

Going to be hard for him to meet his expectations as an NBA guy as a backup 4/5 next year.

Reaction Score
Here's an actual name. He put his name into the portal early as a 5th year COVID grad transfer. Plays tonight in the Patriot league final if you want to do some scouting.

Bootleg Baylor Scheierman. 6'7". Not a strong defender, but his block/steal rates are actually not horrible. Career 39% from 3, 80% from the line. This season 42% and 86%. Definitely a shooter.

Honestly, call me old school, but entering the portal while still playing on his current team tonight tells me where that kid's priorities are.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Samson because he was a starter at the beginning of the year, I assume for a reason. But it seems like it’s hard to come back for us when you get hit with an injury when your role isn’t solidified.

Going to be hard for him to meet his expectations as an NBA guy as a backup 4/5 next year.
Samson started game #1 this season because Karaban was coming off of an ankle injury.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Samson started game #1 this season because Karaban was coming off of an ankle injury.
I can see that. I’m not saying he’s better than Karaban but he was at least good enough to contribute. He hasn’t had much of a chance to get back into the swing of things though.

He’s basically going to have 2 years of not seeing the court as someone who is suppose to be a NBA player.

Reaction Score
Jaylin Stewart top 75 recruit should play 3/4 and Youssouf Singare the 5.

I'd be very surprised if Singare is ready Tyler Phommachanh back up Clingan. Strikes me as a redshirt candidate.

Reaction Score
He. Is. Not. A. Point. Guard.
Just because you may not think he's a particularly good point guard, doesn't mean he is not a point guard. He is way more point guard than shooting guard. If you think he's unplayable say that. But don't say he's not a point guard when while he is on the basketball court for the University of Connecticut, he is absolutely playing point guard.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just because you may not think he's a particularly good point guard, doesn't mean he is not a point guard. He is way more point guard than shooting guard. If you think he's unplayable say that. But don't say he's not a point guard when while he is on the basketball court for the University of Connecticut, he is absolutely playing point guard.
It’s like saying Phil nolan wasn’t a center because his post moves were meme worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom