Transfer Portal Window 2023 | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Transfer Portal Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The transfer portal: the sports equivalent of a golf ball washer. They were shiny before, got messed up, and are shiny again.

It's like recruiting on Amazon.
There will be about 1000 players in the portal. You absolutely can't put everyone in that bucket.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He had some decent moment the previous season, but got busted for shoplifting during the offseason and honestly, just was not as good as some of the players they had.

Probably going to have to step down a level and play closer to home in Toronto - maybe Buffalo, Syracuse or LeMoyne.

Reaction Score

Could be a good Joey California type. Northeast roots and is close with Bouk/his former training program

Reaction Score
Former Xavier PG Myles Tate just transferred to App State. Was a fun, spark, plug, type of guard, but injuries prevented him from reaching his four-star potential. Hope he has a productive final season in the Sun Belt.

Reaction Score
Curious to see where Posh ends up. He and Pitino likely want no part of each other.

Reaction Score
i am curious to see what happens with curbelo... i don't want him at all, but hurley absolutely GUSHED about him after our second game against saint john's. i think he called him a "genius-level player". it got my antenna up a bit...

shoutout @tcf15 for digging this up. curious to see if hurley makes the move...

Reaction Score

shoutout @tcf15 for digging this up. curious to see if hurley makes the move...

Just a guess on my part.. No inside info.. DH may have been doing some PR with the Long Island Lutheran coach since Jayden Ross played there this year and Curbelo did in previous years.. A great program to stay close to..

Edit: FWIW-- Jacob--Jayden's younger brother also plays at LIL.. A fast-riser to keep an eye on..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No shot. He's a worse shooter than Andre without any of the other skills. He's not remotely close to our level.

Not close to our level? The kid was a top 50 recruit coming out of HS and our coach says that he sees the floor exceptionally well, which is what we look for a PG to do.

Reaction Score
Not close to our level? The kid was a top 50 recruit coming out of HS and our coach says that he sees the floor exceptionally well, which is what we look for a PG to do.

He's 22 years old and has played college basketball for 3 seasons. What he did in high school is far from relevant. It is ridiculous to me when guys cite a years-old recruiting ranking like that matters. Should we recruit Aidan Igiehon since he was a 5* in high school? He averaged 2.6 for Grand-freakin' Canyon University this year.

Curbelo had an 83 and 94 offensive rating the past 2 seasons. That's some of the worst #s in all of high-major basketball. He's a 21% 3-point shooter and has a serious injury history.

There are about 100 guards in the portal who could put up 4 assists and 3 TOs on a lousy team. We already have a plethora of passers anyways. Andre, Castle, Karaban, and Newton are all excellent passers. We need shooters.

Yeah, he's not at our level. Stop kidding yourself.

Reaction Score
Just a guess on my part.. No inside info.. DH may have been doing some PR with the Long Island Lutheran coach since Jayden Ross played there this year and Curbelo did in previous years.. A great program to stay close to..

Edit: FWIW-- Jacob--Jayden's younger brother also plays at LIL.. A fast-riser to keep an eye on..

FWIW it's "LuHi" not "LIL."

And Jacob is being ranked around 50-100 on the sites I've seen. Definitely worth staying in touch with. If he's a late-riser like his brother, he could end up top-50 easily.

Plays AAU with Melo's kid, so he should get tons of eyes on him this summer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
FWIW it's "LuHi" not "LIL."

And Jacob is being ranked around 50-100 on the sites I've seen. Definitely worth staying in touch with. If he's a late-riser like his brother, he could end up top-50 easily.
Long Island Lutheran ..Should have spelled it out.. Not a native of the Island so what do I know?? LOL

Reaction Score
Pretty cool to see a team announce this with all the players at the press conference. EKU made it to the CBI finals, which is an accomplishment for a one-bid conference.

This is a team that could make some noise next year and win their conference. They were 23-14 this year. 3 really solid players. If they can pull a transfer/JUCO/Freshman who can shoot and space the floor, I think they're good for a 27-10 kind of season.

Reaction Score
This is a team that could make some noise next year and win their conference. They were 23-14 this year. 3 really solid players. If they can pull a transfer/JUCO/Freshman who can shoot and space the floor, I think they're good for a 27-10 kind of season.
I agree. Devonte Blanton is a matchup stud while their '22 recruiting class brought in three three-star recruits, two of which played starter minutes last year. Great mix of SR/5th year stars with second year backcourt options.

Reaction Score

Who is georgetown bringing in? Thought Cooley would bring all his players with him

Those kids don’t want to risk sitting another year. He brought their 2 4* recruits with him. A good outcome for me and probably the Big East in general. I think Cooley will have G’Town almost immediately, Pitino will make the tournament in Year 1 and maybe PC won’t revert into a dumpster fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom