The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Went down to NYC yesterday AM with the fam to see a play. Metro North filled with rowdy & excited CT NYY fans on their way to the game.

Ride back was full of sun-baked tired/drunk and noticeably dejected NYY fans.

Meanwhile, my Mets just keep winning series with timely hitting and with their two aces due to come back in the upcoming weeks.

Yanks need to figure things out or else there’s not gonna be a Subway series this fall…
i've been of the mind that jake is fundamentally broken. check ur metziloonyeous thread, may 2021, around the time when last seasons clueless shoulder movie began. i won't tell u why tho, youse gotta listen to weeks and months of hokey docs from nyu or wherever first.
enjoy.

Reaction Score
'And it's not like we don't all realize that the wheels could potentially still come off this season.'
i don't realize no such thing. i do realize that this is a fun team.

'baby, it's that time again,
grab the balloons and invite your friends...'

Especially fun to watch that outfield duo hit .216 and .155 respectively. What a blast!! :rolleyes: :D

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Despite Cliff-notes I’m having fun why wouldn’t I? But they will not be as great in the playoffs without 2 moves. A solid hitting OFer to replace Gallo (no not .227 like Hicks either lol) and yet another solid impact starter if one becomes available. Still waiting on Nestor to see if the nastiness is in trouble as well as Severino who looks nice, just needs to stay healthy.

Keep winning love it!
gettin near halftime for the season. let's check in on some post season award likelihoods.
the guy large and in charge:
hf5nl8hreuxij0k8xukh.jpg

you:
horses-rear-award.jpg

i had an older relative once, whose absolutely all time fav ballplayer was a guy whose stats, when i checked them out, were seemingly el stinko, but for his defensive impact. i didn't get his luv for that guy, yet he always said 'u weren't there. forget all that, his teams just always seem to win.'
his 17 year (dang, somebody thought he was good...) annual average were around 11 dingers, 50 ribbys, .250 average, and .300 obp.
quite underwhelming. actually, measley, and yet....
George wanted him. George got him, then boom! he played 2 seasons for the team, and they won the Series. twice.
tho needing sum attention for his current issues with the high fastball, joey g is an absolute superior and regularly impactful player on the d.
outstanding! i saw a graphic earlier in the year when the team was playing the rays. it demonstrated how truly different our squad is this year on the glove side of the ball, and compared it to the rays. no contest. stunning actually, and the wisdom of all our recent moves became readily apparent.
of course ji-man choi booted the throw last week. of course the yanks went on to win that one, too.
of course.
secret sauce guy? paul blair, 3 and 2 in the World Series.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey! i just checked some of that stat soup for team d!
guess what? guess what?
they got sumthin aboot percentage of balls in play becoming outs (defensive efficiency they call it, i call it 'catch the dang ball'), aaaaaaaaaannnnndddddd
numero uno, da bombers, .726!
close behind? the dodgers and the astros. go figure.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, my Mets just keep winning series with timely hitting and with their two aces due to come back in the upcoming weeks.

Yanks need to figure things out or else there’s not gonna be a Subway series this fall…
You need to walk me through this "timely hitting" as I must be missing something.

Reaction Score
All Andujar has for this team is produce the day after raking in Scranton and taking the flight to Cleveland and he’s in the lineup for tonight’s game too.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Yep. Caught us at a bad time with the offense a little cold. Not worried though! Plenty of time to go into fall. See you in the World Series!!!
Plenty of time to go into free fall.
4-6 in the last ten.
ftfy.
pro tip:

lol. jk.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'6-4. Not 4-6…'

time stamp on my post yesterday, 1:17 pm, ergo yesterdays game not in the calculus.
pay close attention. that quiz is over, and ur grade is fail.
last ten games:
7/2 L, rangers
7/1 w, rangers
6/29 L, astros
6/28 L, astros
6/26, L, marlins
6/25 w, marlins
6/24 w, marlins
6/22 L, astros
6/21 L, astros
6/20 w, marlins
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/scores/sp-tid-40201000000000245?ocid=msedgntphdr
now, iffn u count up the L's in those ten games, it adds up to, well, ....
bitcoin!
call me a liar, and i'll just nuke ya. everbuddy knows that.
now, i gotta take off my socks, cuz there's a mutivariable calculus problem i gotta work on to get my dry build fieldstone pizza oven that im working on today just right.
i betcha that it will come out pretty good, cuz they're just stones, and all u have to do is pile them up, then just burn some branches, huck some dough on the big stone above the fire, and wait for the glowing reviews in 'Hillbilly Hacks.' we all read it, do you?

i like saying 'ergo.'

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hey! mg just said 'iffn u replace game 10, a w against marlins, with yesterdays game, a w, u still get 4-6 in the last ten.
smart cookie, that one.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
oops, forgot this. it's Independence Day, a most sacred holiday.

tru dat.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
'6-4. Not 4-6…'

time stamp on my post yesterday, 1:17 pm, ergo yesterdays game not in the calculus.
pay close attention. that quiz is over, and ur grade is fail.
last ten games:
7/2 L, rangers
7/1 w, rangers
6/29 L, astros
6/28 L, astros
6/26, L, marlins
6/25 w, marlins
6/24 w, marlins
6/22 L, astros
6/21 L, astros
6/20 w, marlins
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/scores/sp-tid-40201000000000245?ocid=msedgntphdr
now, iffn u count up the L's in those ten games, it adds up to, well, ....
bitcoin!
call me a liar, and i'll just nuke ya. everbuddy knows that.
now, i gotta take off my socks, cuz there's a mutivariable calculus problem i gotta work on to get my dry build fieldstone pizza oven that im working on today just right.
i betcha that it will come out pretty good, cuz they're just stones, and all u have to do is pile them up, then just burn some branches, huck some dough on the big stone above the fire, and wait for the glowing reviews in 'Hillbilly Hacks.' we all read it, do you?

i like saying 'ergo.'
Thought you were talking about the Yankees not the Mets.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
mass hysteria. stated in another thread for other reasons, now, im really heading for the bunker. derek jeter on a Boston billboard?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hicks 2/2 4 ribbys. joey 1/4, 2 walks, 2 runs, 1 ribby.
chappy back throwing peas at 100 mph.
16-0. i guess they made both 2 point attempts. all star stanton prolly ran it into the ezone both times.

Reaction Score
It’s the power of the stache, Carpenter reinventing himself now playing the outfield and Lucas Luetege with an era under 1 with the mustache according to David Cone.

Reaction Score
Heyman reporting the Yankees and Royals have held talks on a trade for Andrew Benintendi.

A high contact guy like Benintendi would be a real nice piece, especially in the playoffs.

His 14.2% strikeout rate is well below the 22.2% league average and would be a welcome change to Gallo’s 38.3% rate.

Reaction Score
Ok the Chapman experiment needs to end, this guy is a mental midget. I dont blame Boone for going with him here in the 5th, at some point you were going to put him into a high leverage situation, this is on Taillon btw. Still dont trust this team in a big game against the Stros and Sox.

Certainly not getting any help from DJ trying to be too much of a hero.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Heyman reporting the Yankees and Royals have held talks on a trade for Andrew Benintendi.

A high contact guy like Benintendi would be a real nice piece, especially in the playoffs.

His 14.2% strikeout rate is well below the 22.2% league average and would be a welcome change to Gallo’s 38.3% rate.
Curious what we'd have to give up. Benintendi was always a Yankee killer on the Sox. Really really want this guy. I think he completes the (offensive side of) team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom