The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Ok the Chapman experiment needs to end, this guy is a mental midget. I dont blame Boone for going with him here in the 5th, at some point you were going to put him into a high leverage situation, this is on Taillon btw. Still dont trust this team in a big game against the Stros and Sox.

Certainly not getting any help from DJ trying to be too much of a hero.
DJ isn’t a hero type so those two plays threw me a bit. Hicks and Judge were each jogging on the respective plays bc he was calling them off but full speed, they probably could have made the catches to limit the damage.

Chapman’s innings haven’t been clean for a while now and I’m not sure I’m trusting Monty, Taillon or Nester in the playoffs at this point. They may need another arm for the stretch run.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They need another arm, a bat that can do what 2019 DJ did and they will need to keep from burning out the dependable bullpen arms. All things considered that really isn't a lot to ask.

I would really like to see them shut Taillon down for a few weeks and out Schmidt in his spot as Taillon seems to have hit a wall. I would then (in any order) rest Sevy, Nestor and Monty for a couple weeks each as their respective walls are approaching.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The pitching has imploded the past 3 games.

Reaction Score
When your having the record we’re having, you do fear when the losses are coming, it is baseball. It’s more how the Yankees have lost.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
When your having the record we’re having, you do fear when the losses are coming, it is baseball. It’s more how the Yankees have lost.
Pitching has been charmed until now. For whatever reason Holmes didn't have it. Wandy had it for a short while but one mistake* costs you in baseball. The thing that keeps me hopeful in German and Losaiga progression in rehab. A 6 man rotation in the dog days of August could keep everyone ready for September and October.

*That pitch to India needed to be out of the strike zone - risk it being taken and called a ball. I'm pretty sure that was the intent just drifted down into the zone.

Reaction Score
Pitching has been charmed until now. For whatever reason Holmes didn't have it. Wandy had it for a short while but one mistake* costs you in baseball. The thing that keeps me hopeful in German and Losaiga progression in rehab. A 6 man rotation in the dog days of August could keep everyone ready for September and October.

*That pitch to India needed to be out of the strike zone - risk it being taken and called a ball. I'm pretty sure that was the intent just drifted down into the zone.
Schmidt and Sears as well, certainly better then the Chad Gaudins and Sergio Mitres of the world.

Reaction Score
Between Hicks' bruised shin and Severino leaving in the second inning...time to get those trade winds a blowin'

Reaction Score
Looks like the Yankees have brought back Tyler Wade. I always liked Wade as he brings good speed, athleticism and versatility to the team, but I'm not sure whose position he takes. It's kind of the role that Marwan Gonzalez has been filling and I thought he has been doing an OK job at it.

Reaction Score
Tyler Wade is back ok cool I guess, will be in AAA, now make a real trade.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Watching Castillo pitch right now….trade anyone it takes on the farm (except maybe Volpe) to get him. Dude can pitch and Sevy is going to be out a while.

Reaction Score
Curious what we'd have to give up. Benintendi was always a Yankee killer on the Sox. Really really want this guy. I think he completes the (offensive side of) team.
Looks like no-vax makes this a no-go.

Reaction Score
Looks like no-vax makes this a no-go.

John Heyman as a reliable source lol the dude is a clown, he says the Jays are in on Benintendi how does that make sense.

Jack Curry and Sweeney Murti are much more reliable sources. If I have learned that nothing is news to be until the guy is officially a Yankee.

Reaction Score
Heading into the All Star game getting beat by some bad baseball teams. Back to not getting big hits, 2nd 3rd no one out, bases loaded twice in a row tonight no one there for a big hit. Judge in a free fall and as expected so is the team. Let’s keep rolling out Gallo lol what a joke. Hey we got Tyler back another great move by Cash.

Huge lead in the standings this team will be lucky to hold on. Shouldn’t have let Castillo leave town without putting pinstripes on him and please get Benitendi who cares if he can go to Toronto or not he’s so much a better hitter than Gallo and Hicks even if he misses 8 games.

Reaction Score
Heading into the All Star game getting beat by some bad baseball teams. Back to not getting big hits, 2nd 3rd no one out, bases loaded twice in a row tonight no one there for a big hit. Judge in a free fall and as expected so is the team. Let’s keep rolling out Gallo lol what a joke. Hey we got Tyler back another great move by Cash.

Huge lead in the standings this team will be lucky to hold on. Shouldn’t have let Castillo leave town without putting pinstripes on him and please get Benitendi who cares if he can go to Toronto or not he’s so much a better hitter than Gallo and Hicks even if he misses 8 games.

2021 vibes right now, reverting into the team we all thought. The Astros would get Benintendi without a care in the world if hes unvaccinated. This team just has too much choke in them, go out there and prove that your clutch.

Boone is the one that actually tied that game riling up the crowd and having the Sox closer a bit shaken, wouldve ended in 9 if not for the error. Of course had the bases loaded with 1 out.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
they seem bored. whatever. at least a dozen games ahead now.

yanks-socks are always big fun, regardless of records or standings.
seems to me that rays have some arms, but the bats are light.
jays have some bats, but the arms seem light.
sawks have a bit of both, but not enough of either.
headin down to da bronx to see da bombers now. i really don't like the sawx, in a sports kind of way, and not in an existential kind of way.

of course, it sure would be nice if it's bat day. settling into the seat with a louisville slugger in ur mitts when the sawks are in town -priceless.

Reaction Score
they seem bored. whatever. at least a dozen games ahead now.

yanks-socks are always big fun, regardless of records or standings.
seems to me that rays have some arms, but the bats are light.
jays have some bats, but the arms seem light.
sawks have a bit of both, but not enough of either.
headin down to da bronx to see da bombers now. i really don't like the sawx, in a sports kind of way, and not in an existential kind of way.

of course, it sure would be nice if it's bat day. settling into the seat with a louisville slugger in ur mitts when the sawks are in town -priceless.

That was you Cliffy who brought their bats back to life huh? Well done!

Reaction Score
Wow, Locastro is a ton of fun to watch. Elite baserunner, good defender and his 19.4% strikeout rate is 2.2% below the major league average.

Rotate Judge, Hicks, Stanton, Carpenter and Locastro throughout the outfield spots and never play Gallo ever again. Any game Locastro starts on the bench, he can spell Carpenter/Stanton in the outfield for defensive replacements in late game situations.

Ride that outfield rotation until the Yankees acquire another outfielder.

Reaction Score
Nice to see DJ looking more like The Machine of a couple of years ago. Scorching the ball to right consistently. Type of guy that can make a big impact on the second half.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How is Juan Soto available?

Offer Jasson Dominguez and stuff.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ohtani is gonna top that.
I dunno. His injury risk is double a regular guy. And yes, teams get insurance against that.

Reaction Score
Is this Jakob who doens't want Judge to leave -according to ESPN girl- the same one who used to be on Sat. night Live?
There seems to be a ownership move across MLB to make the 'mega deal' go away, while still offering big money. Will it affect what Judge does ultimately ? It may well.
“Jacob, buddy, we’ve got a lot of great Yankees on this team. There are a lot of great Yankees who will be here for a long time, so don’t be upset. Hopefully you’ll be a Judge fan for life.” Judge

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom