The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Not just the Yankees, but I don’t see why the home team in an extra inning game doesn’t routinely try to use the first batter to bunt the stupid ghost runner to 3rd if the game is tied. Forces the infield in, the out field in, can score on a wild pitch or passed ball. For the Yankees, as impressive as the record is, they remain a lousy clutch hitting team. Relying on these guys to get a hit get a guy in from 2nd is not their strong suit. Anyway, the ghost runner is the most bush league thing MLB has experimented with.
Because people strikeout way too much. Don’t have the numbers, but in an analytical driven game, the numbers must say there is a better chance at a hit in 3 tries than a successful sac bunt + sac fly in 1 try / hit in 2 tries. Otherwise teams would be bunting the guys over.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Because people strikeout way too much. Don’t have the numbers, but in an analytical driven game, the numbers must say there is a better chance at a hit in 3 tries than a successful sac bunt + sac fly in 1 try / hit in 2 tries. Otherwise teams would be bunting the guys over.
Seems to me it might vary by who is due up. Depending on a Joey Gallo to make contact is nuts, but a LeMahieu or even an IKF is a different story. A drawn in infield also makes a lot of hitters better. Analytics shouldn’t always dictate strategy because at bottom, there are a lot of variables in a single at bat.

PS. The ghost runner rule sucks. Potential winning run can score without a hit against a pitcher who does a good enough job.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
for the record, and contrary to those teeming masses who frequent the ny post's comment section, seemingly perpetually cranky aboot everything gallo and hicks, imma big fan of those two.
if assembling a championship winning squad was just a simple matter of throwing together a bunch of stat stars, everybuddy would do it. doesn't work that way in reality.
this team is built to toss, rake, and crush, and then all head out together for a pepsi. and sum pizza. the good kind, with sausage chunks.
i like us often being truly bombers, but i guess it's mostly true that pitching wins the day, tho i do remember way back when the angels seemed to just club everyone into oblivion, including us.
this crew has both options.

hicks obp, .350, excellent.
gallo obp, .290, meh, sausage flakes. hey joe! pick it up a bit, unless ur the guy who keeps the gang loose while u catch every ball. then, just carry on.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I'm walking down the Sweep, just walking down the Sweep, wondering when you'll come home to me...
Toronto is next.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
for the record, and contrary to those teeming masses who frequent the ny post's comment section, seemingly perpetually cranky aboot everything gallo and hicks, imma big fan of those two.
if assembling a championship winning squad was just a simple matter of throwing together a bunch of stat stars, everybuddy would do it. doesn't work that way in reality.
this team is built to toss, rake, and crush, and then all head out together for a pepsi. and sum pizza. the good kind, with sausage chunks.
i like us often being truly bombers, but i guess it's mostly true that pitching wins the day, tho i do remember way back when the angels seemed to just club everyone into oblivion, including us.
this crew has both options.

hicks obp, .350, excellent.
gallo obp, .290, meh, sausage flakes. hey joe! pick it up a bit, unless ur the guy who keeps the gang loose while u catch every ball. then, just carry on.
'this team is built to toss, rake, and crush, and then all head out together for a pepsi. and sum pizza. the good kind, with sausage chunks.'

“I just think it says a lot about what our clubhouse is about,” Rizzo said. “Guys come in and [feel] right away that they’re part of this. I mean, there’s a lot of big names in this clubhouse and you would never know inside. It’s just everyone is treated very equally on the same level here whether you have a couple days in the big leagues or 12, 13, 15 years.

“We just keep it loose. And our coaching staff does a really good job at keeping us prepared and keeping us ready.”
Anthony Rizzo hits walk-off homer, Clarke Schmidt solid in emergency start as Yankees run Stadium streak to 14

that was fast.
and, as usual, enter sandmen.
boony and cash, settin in a tree,
messin u up, yesiree.

credit where credit is due.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
whew. disaster avoided, team back at .750 winning percentage. it's thinking time around mlb, late june. let's listen in on bomber management musings:
starters? okeydokey, extraspecial good.
relievers? beyond redunkulously good. top shelf.
offense? there it goes, see ya!
defense? neon deion got nuthin on us. primetime.
management? suck an egg haters.
susceptible to devastating injury? like an older chevy truck that i have, sumthing breaks, go to the local parts stores, pay only a few bucks (buy American!) - plug and play, good as new.

conclusion? awesomesauce!
(hears whispers of 1998, can it be?)

let's have a tune to celebrate our good fortune, shall we?

ahora mismo!
hey! se trata del manana!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm feeling it. You feeling it? I'm feeling it.

1655953031360.png

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
There is something special brewing in The Bronx.

An unbelievable ending to the game.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'for the record, and contrary to those teeming masses who frequent the ny post's comment section, seemingly perpetually cranky aboot everything gallo and hicks, imma big fan of those two.'

well now, that's just curious... nice catch, joey. every out the task.

the real story of the now, and oddly, unheard anywhere from tv and radio experts, was the masterful performance by another aaron, boone that is.
other than cole (the boss!), nelson, monty, and james all had problems this week, yet boone chose to let monty and james lumber on, knowing the true pros that those guys are, and they delivered, bigtime. then, in a masterful display of time, place, and the road ahead, boone runs out new (old) guy abreu (ok bud, ur here, now produce cuz i gots a pantload of other dudes lookin for that spot), then the met guy (ok bud, ur here, now produce cuz i gots a pantload of other dudes lookin for that spot), and finally my boy lukey lit, who doesn't really dominate in stats or power, but he plays like a gamer. result? check, check, checkmate.
enter sandmen.

looks like experts are starting to talk aboot '1998' now.
guess they read the BY.

Reaction Score
It’s still coming, but for now it’s snack time ;)

Attachments

• 30C7CC36-773C-4123-AD82-9AFE23B4D818.gif
    30C7CC36-773C-4123-AD82-9AFE23B4D818.gif
    380.6 KB · Views: 74
Reaction Score
I’ll give Hicks credit he has changed his approach as we are seeing when he bats lower in the order and is used as the 4th of he is more effective he at least has plate discipline doesn’t strike out like Gallo and can play CF he can handle NY, Gallo not so much.

Should replace Gallo with Benintendi, I like us playing Gallo against the Astros for 2 reasons.

1. It shows Cashman you cannot win against the Astros in postseason with him in lineup, could you yes would chances improve without him yes

2. Don’t show your cards against Astros yes you wanna beat them but it is the regular season, they are the type of team that can pick up on things. I’m fine with Gallo and Higgy against Astros in regular season granted Yankees are coming off a road trip on turf with no off days. Have your best lineup against them in October and show Cashman you cannot have our current lineup against them. Don’t care about having our best lineup against then in regular season but have the best lineup possible against them in October.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
'for the record, and contrary to those teeming masses who frequent the ny post's comment section, seemingly perpetually cranky aboot everything gallo and hicks, imma big fan of those two.'

well now, that's just curious... nice catch, joey. every out the task.

the real story of the now, and oddly, unheard anywhere from tv and radio experts, was the masterful performance by another aaron, boone that is.
other than cole (the boss!), nelson, monty, and james all had problems this week, yet boone chose to let monty and james lumber on, knowing the true pros that those guys are, and they delivered, bigtime. then, in a masterful display of time, place, and the road ahead, boone runs out new (old) guy abreu (ok bud, ur here, now produce cuz i gots a pantload of other dudes lookin for that spot), then the met guy (ok bud, ur here, now produce cuz i gots a pantload of other dudes lookin for that spot), and finally my boy lukey lit, who doesn't really dominate in stats or power, but he plays like a gamer. result? check, check, checkmate.
enter sandmen.

looks like experts are starting to talk aboot '1998' now.
guess they read the BY.

And just like that we lose 2 in a row after this post lol. The fans want a World Series that’s why they rant, are some of the takes in comments section outlandish yes. Can’t win in October with Gallo in lineup, Hicks is better when used sparringly and lower in order, can even have him in lineup if you DH Stanton. the big guys in the lineup aren’t above criticism eitherJudge and Stanton haven’t done their job either when it really matters in this series.

Reaction Score
Just like that got no hit at the stadium, no the lineup is not fine.
I watched the game with my 11 and 9 year old nephews today and they were so upset. My logic to then was well, if they’re going to lose 3-0 at least something special happened. Like I’d rather have them no hit than one hit.

Reaction Score
And just like that we lose 2 in a row after this post lol. The fans want a World Series that’s why they rant, are some of the takes in comments section outlandish yes. Can’t win in October with Gallo in lineup, Hicks is better when used sparringly and lower in order, can even have him in lineup if you DH Stanton. the big guys in the lineup aren’t above criticism eitherJudge and Stanton haven’t done their job either when it really matters in this series.
5 hits 2 games is all you need to know its coming. If Judge cools down, dead! Just can’t keep winning with smoke and mirrors with 5 guys in the lineup batting .220 and less. Hope the crow comes back but I am nervous. Even their win on Thursday was a quiet lineup until the 9th. This team could win a 100 but with this lineup can’t beat the Astros in a series period! Need trades or just another year.

Reaction Score
5 hits 2 games is all you need to know its coming. If Judge cools down, dead! Just can’t keep winning with smoke and mirrors with 5 guys in the lineup batting .220 and less. Hope the crow comes back but I am nervous. Even their win on Thursday was a quiet lineup until the 9th. This team could win a 100 but with this lineup can’t beat the Astros in a series period! Need trades or just another year.
Ideal playoff lineup would be this in no particular order.
C Trevino,
1B Rizzo,
2B Gleyber
SS IKF
3B DJ
RF Stanton
CF Judge
LF Benintendi
DH Carpenter

Could play Hicks in field if you wanted and DH Stanton. You plug in Donaldson in certain match ups.

Can rotate Donaldson, Hicks and Higgy during the season to keep guys fresh but your lineup gets
exposed with those guys in the lineup against the better teams. Im actually glad this team got no hit
for the reasons you stated, now there will be real pressure from even the local media on Cashman to go get a .300 hitter or at least someone close to that, Benintendi would be the perfect fit.

Reaction Score
Went down to NYC yesterday AM with the fam to see a play. Metro North filled with rowdy & excited CT NYY fans on their way to the game.

Ride back was full of sun-baked tired/drunk and noticeably dejected NYY fans.

Meanwhile, my Mets just keep winning series with timely hitting and with their two aces due to come back in the upcoming weeks.

Yanks need to figure things out or else there’s not gonna be a Subway series this fall…

Reaction Score
Went down to NYC yesterday AM with the fam to see a play. Metro North filled with rowdy & excited CT NYY fans on their way to the game.

Meanwhile, my Mets just keep winning series with timely hitting and with their two aces due to come back in the upcoming weeks.

Yanks need to figure things out or else there’s not gonna be a Subway series this fall…
The Mets literally just got swept by the same Astros team just a few days ago.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but it is still June. Anyone making world series plans now may be jumping the gun just a bit.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will state that I a still despise the way this lineup is built and while I am very happy with our results to date, there are reasons for concern on how this team's approach will translate in the playoffs.

That said, I'm not sure that Houston fans have less to be worried about than we do. One thing that I find striking (and fans of both teams should be apprehensive about in the postseason l) is that through three games, each team has scored one run that wasn't the product of a home run.

A couple well pitched games by any opponent would be more than enough to knock off either of them in a playoff series.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom