The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
It’s weird how I wasn’t as excited/nervous after 7 because it feels different when it’s not one guy. But the excitement came in the 8th then the awful nerves in the 9th.

Reaction Score
If you’re a Mets fan and you’re not all the way, break my heart if you will level in after tonight? We can’t be friends.

Reaction Score
If you’re a Mets fan and you’re not all the way, break my heart if you will level in after tonight? We can’t be friends.
1651286546414.gif

Reaction Score
And let’s not overlook this.

Tylor Megill is 4-0 and looking strong.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I love the Mets. As much as the Huskies. I'm still waiting for them to throw a no hitter

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Nolan Ryan Tom Seaver David Cone Doc Gooden threw no hitters. No Met pitcher has. Santana's 1 hitter ruined his career.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love the Mets. As much as the Huskies. I'm still waiting for them to throw a no hitter

Nolan Ryan Tom Seaver David Cone Doc Gooden threw no hitters. No Met pitcher has. Santana's 1 hitter ruined his career.
So what the hell are you talking about here?

Santana threw a no-hitter in 2012, and last night was a combined no-hitter.

Was this just a bad joke or a drunken mistake?

Reaction Score
So what the hell are you talking about here?

Santana threw a no-hitter in 2012, and last night was a combined no-hitter.

Was this just a bad joke or a drunken mistake?
He's implying a combined no hitter doesn't count and Santana gave up a hit so his doesn't count either. Interesting to say the least

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He's implying a combined no hitter doesn't count and Santana gave up a hit so his doesn't count either. Interesting to say the least
Well that’s just silly, especially coming from someone who professes to be a Mets fan.

A combined no-hitter is actually much harder.

Reaction Score
Another series win! So is today the last night we go to sleep with Robinson Cano as a Met?

Reaction Score
Another series win! So is today the last night we go to sleep with Robinson Cano as a Met?
I was watching without sound and saw a list of Mets that could be removed from the roster (either sent down or cut). What is driving that?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was watching without sound and saw a list of Mets that could be removed from the roster (either sent down or cut). What is driving that?
All teams have to reduce their rosters by two players on May 1.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I think so.
Although it sounds like Lindor and Buck are sympathetic to keeping Cano.

That’s the result I’d prefer. Other than that I think I would send down Davis.

Obviously Dom saved himself last night, and Reid-Foley’s injury saved him.

I like Guillorme’s versatility and hope it’s not him; and I really like Jankowski’s energy and he is out of options, so I really hope it’s not him because I doubt he would clear waivers.

Reaction Score
Although it sounds like Lindor and Buck are sympathetic to keeping Cano.

That’s the result I’d prefer. Other than that I think I would send down Davis.

Obviously Dom saved himself last night, and Reid-Foley’s injury saved him.

I like Guillorme’s versatility and hope it’s not him; and I really like Jankowski’s energy and he is out of options, so I really hope it’s not him because I doubt he would clear waivers.
Yeah Guillorme is the only backup SS which I think saves his spot. Jankowski is being subbed in basically every game for defense or as a pinch runner which will hopefully save his spot. Hadn't considered Davis but probably does come down to him or Cano, so hopefully Cano

Reaction Score
I'm done with Cano. He came up in a big spot the other night and I was surprised how much Ronnie was riding him about needing to be better in key at bats. He ended up flailing a weak fly to short left. Uninspired.

Something guys with great raw physical talents. You always fantasize they'll find that magic again and they rarely do. Time to cut the cord on Cano for me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah Guillorme is the only backup SS which I think saves his spot. Jankowski is being subbed in basically every game for defense or as a pinch runner which will hopefully save his spot. Hadn't considered Davis but probably does come down to him or Cano, so hopefully Cano

I'm done with Cano. He came up in a big spot the other night and I was surprised how much Ronnie was riding him about needing to be better in key at bats. He ended up flailing a weak fly to short left. Uninspired.

Something guys with great raw physical talents. You always fantasize they'll find that magic again and they rarely do. Time to cut the cord on Cano for me.
Yeah, it sounds like jettisoning Cano is the clear fan choice, but most reporters seem to think it's the least likely.

I hope Buck and Lindor are just voicing support because he's a veteran and a friend.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Buck suspended for throwing at Schwarber?!?

That’s ass.

Reaction Score
Buck suspended for throwing at Schwarber?!?

That’s ass.
Knew it was coming, they made it way too obvious they were throwing at Schwarber and Bohm

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Knew it was coming, they made it way too obvious they were throwing at Schwarber and Bohm
I guess that’s why he’s just serving it tonight and not appealing. Still seems nuts after all that has gone down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom