The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This might be better news than Correa

It is, even though the Mets eat most of the salary. And even if the player to be named from the O’s is 85 y/o Brooks Robinson.

Reaction Score
This Correa stuff is getting old.. I hope we do the right thing here..

I did read an article that says if the Correa deal works out, that means that we're all set at RH DH because Escobar will slide into that spot, which works for me I think.

Things have been quiet on pitching, any other rumors out there?

Reaction Score
This Correa stuff is getting old.. I hope we do the right thing here..

I did read an article that says if the Correa deal works out, that means that we're all set at RH DH because Escobar will slide into that spot, which works for me I think.

Things have been quiet on pitching, any other rumors out there?
Doubt they add any more pitching, maybe another RP if anything. Already have 9 MLB caliber SPs with the starting 5 of Scherzer, Verlander, Senga, Quintana, Carrasco, and then Peterson, Megill, Lucchesi, Hernandez as minor league depth. Even the bullpen is pretty close to set. Diaz, Robertson, Ottavino 9th-7th. Raley and Drew Smith as the middle inning options, and then a bunch of guys with options who can be rotated up and down between AAA

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Lenny Dykstras 2023 NY resolution

“Stay above ground. Stay out of jail. And I hope the great fans of New York get what they deserve and that’s another world championship. … the best fans in the world, bro.”

Reaction Score
With the McCann trade does that mean we are just handing the C job to Alvarez?

Not totally against it, we did sign Omar Narvaez as well, I assume to backup?

Reaction Score
With the McCann trade does that mean we are just handing the C job to Alvarez?

Not totally against it, we did sign Omar Narvaez as well, I assume to backup?
Rumors seem to be Narvaez and Nido to start the year with Alvarez in the minors. I'd rather just start Alvarez though

Alum86

Reaction Score
Rumors seem to be Narvaez and Nido to start the year with Alvarez in the minors. I'd rather just start Alvarez though
He was out of his element in ‘22 and is not ready for ‘23. We don’t need a 30-40 point under Mendoza line with no pop in the lineup.

Reaction Score
He was out of his element in ‘22 and is not ready for ‘23. We don’t need a 30-40 point under Mendoza line with no pop in the lineup.
Who are you talking about, Alvarez?

Reaction Score
I dunno, I thought Alvarez showed that he was ready... He was STINGING baseballs off the bat.. That being said, what's the difference, Nido and McCann could barely hit .230!

How would we feel about bringing in Trevor Bauer in on a 1 year deal?

Reaction Score
I dunno, I thought Alvarez showed that he was ready... He was STINGING baseballs off the bat.. That being said, what's the difference, Nido and McCann could barely hit .230!

How would we feel about bringing in Trevor Bauer in on a 1 year deal?
Wouldn't bring in Bauer if it was a 1 year, $1 contract. Hope he never throws another pitch in the majors

Reaction Score
Yes. .167 and 1 RBI. He is not ready.
We have Narvaez.
You couldn't be more wrong about Alvarez. I'd explain it to you but it's not worth the time to discuss with someone quoting stats from a 12 AB sample

Alum86

Reaction Score
You couldn't be more wrong about Alvarez. I'd explain it to you but it's not worth the time to discuss with someone quoting stats from a 12 AB sample
says Mr Baseball who wants to start the year with him.
Starting over Narvaez, apparently.

Reaction Score
Losing Correa isn't a huge deal seeing how we never really had him. I'm just curious how Uncle Steve responds to this....is this the team we enter camp with or does he go drop some bomb of a trade now?

Reaction Score
Losing Correa isn't a huge deal seeing how we never really had him. I'm just curious how Uncle Steve responds to this....is this the team we enter camp with or does he go drop some bomb of a trade now?
Given his public comments about needing 1 more bat pre-Correa I think they do something. But gonna be hard to be as big of an impact as Correa was. I'd guess it ends up being a corner OF in a trade, someone in the Conforto mold that's between above average and star level

Reaction Score
Given his public comments about needing 1 more bat pre-Correa I think they do something. But gonna be hard to be as big of an impact as Correa was. I'd guess it ends up being a corner OF in a trade, someone in the Conforto mold that's between above average and star level
I think we have the flexibility with young talent to go get someone before/at the AS break if we really need it. This ain't the Wilpons. I trust in Uncle Steve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom