The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't expect anyone to really care but I would like to announce that I am not hating on the Mets any more. A few reasons, fwiw. To start, 1986 is a lifetime ago. What I am hating on are teams in every sport that cash the checks but don't pay the players. The Mets pay their players. I can't hate that, I want to encourage that. I'm not sure I can turn into a fan but I will jump on the bandwagon if they are contending and my team is out of it. Besides, the Mets are the only local team I can get on TV these days and Max Scherzer is pitching tonight. It's fun to watch him when he's dealing. Like when Pedro and Maddox were on.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't expect anyone to really care but I would like to announce that I am not hating on the Mets any more. A few reasons, fwiw. To start, 1986 is a lifetime ago. What I am hating on are teams in every sport that cash the checks but don't pay the players. The Mets pay their players. I can't hate that, I want to encourage that. I'm not sure I can turn into a fan but I will jump on the bandwagon if they are contending and my team is out of it. Besides, the Mets are the only local team I can get on TV these days and Max Scherzer is pitching tonight. It's fun to watch him when he's dealing. Like when Pedro and Maddox were on.
GIF by New York Mets

Reaction Score
Man this is a fun team to watch right now! I forgot that we always have a pretty friendly Mets thread here each season.. I'm back in!

Thoughts so far:

Love Lindor bouncing back, I think that Marte inadvertently has taken a lot of stress off of him
Marte is MY GUY! The bomb he hit on Saturday, even in a losing effort was impressive
Bullpen has been........... good enough
Need Canha back ASAP, he's a Steady Eddy, love him
Love the Escobar signing, he's a grinder!
Pete has become the leader

Very happy so far... However we know how this goes...

Reaction Score
Why hasn’t Michael Conforto been signed yet? Is there no interest at all? Are his demands too high and he just won’t budge? I think the Mets were right letting him go and better with the new ads in his place but I’m surprised he’s still unsigned.

Reaction Score
Conforto banged up his shoulder this winter, so I believe that Boras held off on the bidding process until he was 100%

That being said, I am quite surprised that someone has bit yet - he had a very strong stretch for us! I think his time ran its course here, but he could be a heck of a player somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Why hasn’t Michael Conforto been signed yet? Is there no interest at all? Are his demands too high and he just won’t budge? I think the Mets were right letting him go and better with the new ads in his place but I’m surprised he’s still unsigned.
Nobody wants to give up the draft picks it'll take to sign him and give him the money he wants. At this point he may not sign until after the draft in July

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Conforto banged up his shoulder this winter, so I believe that Boras held off on the bidding process until he was 100%

That being said, I am quite surprised that someone has bit yet - he had a very strong stretch for us! I think his time ran its course here, but he could be a heck of a player somewhere else.

Nobody wants to give up the draft picks it'll take to sign him and give him the money he wants. At this point he may not sign until after the draft in July

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
These. Mets. Are. Different.

It's starting to feel that way. We're so conditioned to wait for the other show to drop as Mets fans, but I'm starting to believe this team could really go places.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's starting to feel that way. We're so conditioned to wait for the other show to drop as Mets fans, but I'm starting to believe this team could really go places.
I like a lot of the youth and energy on the team and hope always springs eternal in Spring for me, but after last year's hot start I'm holding my enthusiasm in check.

We do have a history of being the Boys of Spring.

Reaction Score
100%. I am all in, despite being fully aware that this is always a possibility:

Charlie Brown Football GIF
Did you watch the 9th inning last night? This team has a lot of 1986 in it. And Cahna reminds me a ton of Ray Knight at the plate. Doesn't give in, very smart situational hitter. He wouldn't let that team die last night.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Did you watch the 9th inning last night? This team has a lot of 1986 in it. And Cahna reminds me a ton of Ray Knight at the plate. Doesn't give in, very smart situational hitter. He wouldn't let that team die last night.
Absolutely. I was watching intently and had resigned myself to the loss, figuring we were due.

Once Canha reached I was at the edge of my seat, thinking about Ron's earlier statement to the effect that, "If you want to have a special season, some nights you have to beat the other team's closer." I was worried we would pay when Jankowski didn't score on McNeil's double, but elated to see Dom reach with that ridiculous infield single. I'm still smiling picturing that awesome belly slide, followed immediately by McNeil doing the same at home plate.

I don't know how it was on your broadcast, but on my TV they returned from the commercial break after the change in pitchers right when Nimmo's HR was leaving the park, and I thought they were showing a replay of a different game because it seemed to come out of nowhere. Crazy how quickly the fortunes turned.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. I was watching intently and had resigned myself to the loss, figuring we were due.

Once Canha reached I was at the edge of my seat, thinking about Ron's earlier statement to the effect that, "If you want to have a special season, some nights you have to beat the other team's closer." I was worried we would pay when Jankowski didn't score on McNeil's double, but elated to see Dom reach with that ridiculous infield single. I'm still smiling picturing that awesome belly slide, followed immediately by McNeil doing the same at home plate.

I don't know how it was on your broadcast, but on my TV they returned from the commercial break after the change in pitchers right when Nimmo's HR was leaving the park, and I thought they were showing a replay of a different game because it seemed to come out of nowhere. Crazy how quickly the fortunes turned.

I haven’t watched the Mets snatch a game in the 9th like that in I don’t know how long. And while they looked psyched, they didn’t look surprised.

And just think. Nothing from DeGrom or walker so far.

Reaction Score
So I'll continue to try and compare the makeup of this team to 1986 (hopefully minus the cocaine abuse). I loved seeing the benches clear and the fire from some of the players, especially Pete saying if he wanted to put people in the hospital, he could. The 1986 had a BUNCH of bench clearing brawls and didn't take anyone's and I feel like that was part of their fiber and what made them winners.

Thoughts? Is this a stretch?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So I'll continue to try and compare the makeup of this team to 1986 (hopefully minus the cocaine abuse). I loved seeing the benches clear and the fire from some of the players, especially Pete saying if he wanted to put people in the hospital, he could. The 1986 had a BUNCH of bench clearing brawls and didn't take anyone's and I feel like that was part of their fiber and what made them winners.

Thoughts? Is this a stretch?
It's a good mix of guys with some steel, including Bassit. Our HPB numbers are really out of whack.

Baez would have been great to keep on this team; fits well with what we have going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom