The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Rizzo is a big pu ssy.
c'mon man, u didn't seriously expect me not to drop by for a visit after what just happened, did you? given their lousy run lately, and all the changes, youse could have wrecked the bombers on a lot of levels, including the fan battle in gotham. but u didn't. u blew it, and the braves are only a weekend back with a ton of games left to play.
pro tip: tell ur guys to tighten up on the handle as glove is a big deal this season, since no one can hit. that air mail brick by lucky lindy gave us another freebie the other day. in and of itself, no big deal, but i've seen soo many Yankee games this season that turned on their catching the ball, while the other team booted one, or many, that it's starting to feel like a big separater going forward. i'll leave now.

Reaction Score
c'mon man, u didn't seriously expect me not to drop by for a visit after what just happened, did you? given their lousy run lately, and all the changes, youse could have wrecked the bombers on a lot of levels, including the fan battle in gotham. but u didn't. u blew it, and the braves are only a weekend back with a ton of games left to play.
pro tip: tell ur guys to tighten up on the handle as glove is a big deal this season, since no one can hit. that air mail brick by lucky lindy gave us another freebie the other day. in and of itself, no big deal, but i've seen soo many Yankee games this season that turned on their catching the ball, while the other team booted one, or many, that it's starting to feel like a big separater going forward. i'll leave now.

Is this how Yankee fans celebrate splitting a four game season series? Wow.

Reaction Score
This team just does not quit. Gutsy & very needed win…especially with the Braves up 5-1 in the 7th

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Nice to see the Cardinals come back against the Braves the last two nights. Going to be a tough series against LA, so being up 3 games instead of 2 or 1 is huge.

After this Dodgers series, our schedule softens considerably. The only other teams with a record over .500 that we play after this are 3 with the Brewers and 3 with the Braves.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nice to see the Cardinals come back against the Braves the last two nights. Going to be a tough series against LA, so being up 3 games instead of 2 or 1 is huge.

After this Dodgers series, our schedule softens considerably. The only other teams with a record over .500 that we play after this are 3 with the Brewers and 3 with the Braves.
Thank God we finish up at home with three against the Nats. I have a feeling those three at Atlanta are going to be brutal battles.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Thank God we finish up at home with three against the Nats. I have a feeling those three at Atlanta are going to be brutal battles.

It's critical that we win at least one of those 3 games; that would guarantee that we win the season series against them. This year, if there's a tie in the division title race, they don't do a one-game playoff anymore. The tiebreaker is head to head record.

Reaction Score
Huge statement series against LA here.

Can’t have anything worse than 2 of 3.
Can’t lose a game in blowout fashion.

Can we hear the trumpets tonight?!?! Pretty please!?

Reaction Score
Mark me down as officially having no faith in Walker anymore. Put Petersen in there instead. I hate his body language. He doesn't have any overpowering pitch and relies on chasing the splitter out of the zone. He's the one guy on this roster that I just don't like.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mark me down as officially having no faith in Walker anymore. Put Petersen in there instead. I hate his body language. He doesn't have any overpowering pitch and relies on chasing the splitter out of the zone. He's the one guy on this roster that I just don't like.
I like him and prefer him to Peterson, but no matter which way you slice it there is a pretty big drop off from our three to our four. It will be interesting when Carrrasco and Megill are back in the mix.

I don’t like Joely or Givens.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like him and prefer him to Peterson, but no matter which way you slice it there is a pretty big drop off from our three to our four. It will be interesting when Carrrasco and Megill are back in the mix.

I don’t like Joely or Givens.

Yeah. I hate them too.
Givens did his job last night. Joely and the offense didn't do theirs.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
and McCannot hit for .
gets to sit after 2 spectacular hitless games.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well this sucks

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nimmo great catch. The crowd is really fun to hear at Citi Field like playoff fever. Good for the Mets and their fans.
01kepner-mets-nimmo-horiz-superJumbo.jpg

“I’ve got to tell you, when we have a full house, I want the hot dogs to be hot, I want the beer to be cold, I want the parking not to be a problem, I want them to leave here and go, ‘Boy, that was worth it and I want to come again,’” Mets Manager Buck Showalter said.

“We have a responsibility to be ready to play, and that’s my first thought: If I went to this game tonight and I got in the car and went home, it was fun. That’s what it should be — and they picked us over the U.S. Open.”

Reaction Score
When the nats beat the Mets Sunday, the Braves were in a rain delay and they played the end of the Mets game on their scoreboard, then played Narco after they lost. Wow. Could I hate them any more?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
When the nats beat the Mets Sunday, the Braves were in a rain delay and they played the end of the Mets game on their scoreboard, then played Narco after they lost. Wow. Could I hate them any more?

You realize Contreras on the Braves walks up to Narco? The Mets thought the Braves were trolling them when Contreras hit a HR in their last series and they played Narco while he was rounding the bases. Well this time the Braves did troll the Mets. Just giving them what they asked for.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Whatever the Braves are doing is working. They are playing with all the confidence in the world, like they have the Mets just where they want them. And the Mets are definitely hearing footsteps, pressing and playing tight. Especially Alonso.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom