Status
Not open for further replies.

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
1674792048330.png

Looks like Caroline is almost out of concussion protocol

Reaction Score
I wonder if it had an effect on the refs. They started calling fouls on the Vols that they ignored in the 1st half. If they got the message, Geno will gladly pay the fine.
Geez I hope not. You'd hope there's some kind of standard and that a coach yelling or the excitement of the home crowd doesn't sway you. And Geno paying a fine is funny.... the guy is a millionaire many times over it's a drop in the bucket for him whatever the fine is.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Great game , no injuries that I know of, and a big national platform for the kids who have never played At T-B arena. Referees struggled to be consistent for sure , but I think it is becoming quite common in all sports recently. Bama women played Arkansas and Saylor tonight . With five minutes left there were 5 Bama ladies with 4 fouls apiece. 28 -14 was the final count. Just ruins the flow of games. But a great win for UConn Nation . Go Huskies! Boy Geno really loves this team, and he should.

Reaction Score
Geez I hope not. You'd hope there's some kind of standard and that a coach yelling or the excitement of the home crowd doesn't sway you. And Geno paying a fine is funny.... the guy is a millionaire many times over it's a drop in the bucket for him whatever the fine is.
It might not have swayed them to favor UCONN, but it might have caused them to realize that they were being inconsistent.

Reaction Score
It might not have swayed them to favor UCONN, but it might have caused them to realize that they were being inconsistent.
I just wish their default mode was let 'em play. It's the easiest because by default you're being consistent and avoid controversy. Once you start trying to tighten the game or even things out is when you run into problems.

Reaction Score
Great win! My only gripe is Dorka needs to stop tipping and tapping at the ball! Grab it with both hands!
Dorka seems to have weak wrists/forearms. Contested rebounds and times when she had the ball away from her body, opponents were able to strip the ball away. Needs a stronger grip. I squeezed a tennis ball to strengthen wrists/forearms. This strength should help her around the rim, as a few of her shots inside were weak.

On the positive side, team was not rattled. They kept their focus and composure, especially after Tenn whittled the lead. They grinded, played smart, played the way refs were calling the game. Kudos to Geno for his substitutions at some precarious moments.

Reaction Score
I just wish their default mode was let 'em play. It's the easiest because by default you're being consistent and avoid controversy. Once you start trying to tighten the game or even things out is when you run into problems.
Exactly. And they started the game that way. Geno always insists that the players have to know what is & isn't a foul. And it is the refs' job to be consistent.

Reaction Score
Bolded areas are all a preview of the SC game. Staley will have them pressure the ball screens, gum up the handoffs, take away the post entry passes and pound the offensive boards.
The dynamic changes if Azzi comes back. The injuries are terrible for us but they are probably no picnic for an opponent either because no one knows who will walk on the court from game to game.... scouting reports can't be as reliable.

Reaction Score
YES!! Heck of a game! Great win, UConn. At the start of the season and after hearing/reading about the injury to Paige, there were 4-5 games that worried me, Tennessee, Texas, NC State, and South Carolina. Villanova is that 5th team. Tonight, these ladies continue to impress and amaze. Great gritty win!

Lou- Just continues to impress. Ice water in her veins. Cool, Confident, Calm, and Collected. Big shots when we needed them. Defensive stops. Just a true walking testament of John Wooden's definition of Competitive Greatness- "Be at your best when your best is needed." Other teams got some solid transfers. I am just happy and thankful that we got Lou.

Aaliyah- Like Lou, is another example of Competitive Greatness. Aaliyah continues to have an incredible season. This game was another test for her, and she did not back down. She continues to want all the smoke and is not backing down. Her free throw shooting (7/8) was huge. Throw in her ability to knock down the mid-range jumper at a decent clip has been a huge plus. Great game Aaliyah.

Dorka- Her point totals were nice but for me it was her defense or her ability to "Wall Up", be a pest on defense, and have active head, hands, and feet was a big factor on defense. She was able to get some deflections and steals were huge.

Aubrey-When we needed her, she did not disappoint. A solid game. Key buckets when needed. Defensive stops when needed. Glad that she had a solid game.

Nika- 40 minutes! 40 minutes of 14 assists against taller, longer, and more athletic player and she did not back down. Heart of a Warrior. Loved how she held her own on those tie ups. Basically, ripping the ball away from some of the Lady Vol players. Loved her little exchange with Horston. Nika continues to impress. Great leader and teammate.

Ayanna and Amari- Ayanna wasn't out there long but she was able to impact the game in many ways. A strong athletic presence on the floor. She is going to be special. Amari got a minute or two out there. I am just happy that despite the lack of playing time, she continues to be a positive role player on the team.

Reaction Score
The dynamic changes if Azzi comes back. The injuries are terrible for us but they are probably no picnic for an opponent either because no one knows who will walk on the court from game to game.... scouting reports can't be as reliable.
She'd help a lot for sure but I doubt she'll be ready. With only one perimeter shooter available, Beal will most likely be on LLS to neutralize her.

Reaction Score
Jackson should have been tossed. That was about as flagrant an intent to injure as I've seen in a while.

Nika tied Paige Bueckers' old assist record (one short of her own record from earlier this year) and is back over 9 assists a game. She only had one foul in 40 minutes and that one looked questionable, as the Tennessee player appeared to slide sideways into her path.

After one of the best first quarters I've ever seen them play, followed by an awful second, Connecticut really came out focused in the second half.
No fouls were called in the first quarter; UConn was tired. Once the flow became interrupted constantly in the second half, the game was over. UConn had more weapons, both offensively and defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom