Students & UCMB | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Students & UCMB

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Bro you gotta give it a rest, just because you’re the only one who named their handle after the band doesn’t mean that you are the only one who supports the band.

The band SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE. The way they handled themselves on Military Appreciation Day was unprofessional, they embarrassed themselves and the university! Plenty of us were at the game that day, and were very disappointed that the band left us hanging like that. It showed poor leadership. People were understandably upset, but it’s not the end of the world. Let it go.
I completely agree they should have been there.

I just think the lack of student attendance is much more pervasive, common, and avoidable.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So you’re justifying a no show?
No. I'm merely stating that you are attempting to compare apples to oranges.

If I decide not to go out bar hopping to see who I can run into one night that's one thing. If I tell a buddy I'll give him a ride to the airport then blow it off, that's something entirely different.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Great analogy by FFDCntyFan. And pep band ain’t wrong either.
McManus probably regrets last week. That said….
The band has to show, so it’s on the admin they report to, and he/they pulled them out. As for the non band students, a 9 am ish bus ride for hungover kids plus bad weather was a recipe for a sparse showing.

Reaction Score
I am wondering if there is a way that the university could entice students to attend the football games by giving some sort of incentive, perhaps some priority in getting into home basketball games? Would that work?

Reaction Score
I am wondering if there is a way that the university could entice students to attend the football games by giving some sort of incentive, perhaps some priority in getting into home basketball games? Would that work?
The incentive is winning. People showed up for NC State as they had hope for the season after a 6-7 season.

Reaction Score
Though this is old news, I feel the need to defend the organization I put so much time and effort into as a student.
The XL debacle and not going to the game was an unfortunate coincidence.
A pep band would have been better than nothing, sure, but if the only healthy kids are 12 flutes, 4 tubas, a saxophone, the kids in the pit, and all your trumpets are out because the whole group got sick…it doesn’t really work.

Reaction Score
Though this is old news, I feel the need to defend the organization I put so much time and effort into as a student.
A pep band would have been better than nothing, sure, but if the only healthy kids are 12 flutes, 4 tubas, a saxophone, the kids in the pit, and all your trumpets are out because the whole group got sick…it doesn’t really work.

Nobody believes that health story. Just stop.

I’ll give the band kids the benefit of the doubt.

Boycotting the game just showed us how little difference the band makes.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The band is over 300 kids I believe. I doubt 283+ were sick. And if they were...the band director needs to say that.

I would guess if the band director has to make the decision again...it wouldn't be to stay home.

Reaction Score
The band is over 300 kids I believe. I doubt 283+ were sick. And if they were...the band director needs to say that.

I would guess if the band director has to make the decision again...it wouldn't be to stay home.
You very clearly don't know the director personally then. This thread makes it sound like his alarm went off that morning, and he decided "meh, not going today." He told athletics they weren't coming. It wasn't a secret.

Reaction Score
Nobody believes that health story. Just stop.

I’ll give the band kids the benefit of the doubt.

Boycotting the game just showed us how little difference the band makes.
It wasn't a boycott and that's the truth. You can choose to believe that, or not.

Reaction Score

The statement from the university essentially made it clear the excuses were a joke. The addition of the phrase “and other factors” clearly was saying the band director is a baby.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You very clearly don't know the director personally then. This thread makes it sound like his alarm went off that morning, and he decided "meh, not going today." He told athletics they weren't coming. It wasn't a secret.
He should be let go before his probationary year is up. UConn has enough institutional losers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe he was told that he cannot unilaterally make that decision but that's from me reading between the lines on the athletic departments statement on the issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom