Students & UCMB | The Boneyard

Students & UCMB

Reaction Score
I was a huge supportrter of the students who showed up for the NC State & FIU games, Bravo! Great job.
Today sucked!

I'm a huge fan of our Marching Band! WAS! a huge fan!
My wife and I get ther early to watch them
We sit behind them to listen & watch.
It's part of the experience.
We stay after the game to watch their performance.
It's awesome!
So, you're telling me 90% of the band was too sick to perform today? I call BS.

You disappointed us most when we needed you most!

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Pretty soon the band will be the only thing at the Rent!

Reaction Score
The band is finished, another consequence of going independent in football (I kid. I kid.)

Reaction Score
They've been there every game every year (win or lose, mostly losses since 2010), and perform after the game when most all the fans have long bailed. I think you can cut them a little slack for sitting one out due to illness.

Reaction Score
They've been there every game every year (win or lose, mostly losses since 2010), and perform after the game when most all the fans have long bailed. I think you can cut them a little slack for sitting one out due to illness.
I was a member of the band, I can't even fathom a scenario where they wouldn't play post-game unless it was some type of weather event... even then. Very odd.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They’re half our attendance. Thought it looked empty looking over to their section.
LOL

Reaction Score
I was a huge supportrter of the students who showed up for the NC State & FIU games, Bravo! Great job.
Today sucked!

I'm a huge fan of our Marching Band! WAS! a huge fan!
My wife and I get ther early to watch them
We sit behind them to listen & watch.
It's part of the experience.
We stay after the game to watch their performance.
It's awesome!
So, you're telling me 90% of the band was too sick to perform today? I call BS.

You disappointed us most when we needed you most!
Covid, apparently.

Reaction Score
I am a former band member. I heard this morning that the School of Fine Arts made a decision not to send the Pep Band to BB games at the XL. A tweet from AD DB said that he would look into this. The only thing I can guess is that the band refused to show up in protest. I'm just speculating but the marching band plays at EVERY GAME!

Reaction Score
Latest update. Marching band did not come due to "illness". Evidently the decision not to send the pep band to XL was reversed.

Reaction Score
If the band director unilaterally made the decision to not send the band and didn't tell anybody, he should not be the band director anymore. OK, some kids were sick, they could have sent a small pep band of healthy students to provide support to the team. I'm sure some kids would have volunteered. Everyone would have been proud of the band members that made the effort to show up.

I'm sure the story of why the band didn't show up will come out.

Reaction Score
If the band director unilaterally made the decision to not send the band and didn't tell anybody, he should not be the band director anymore. OK, some kids were sick, they could have sent a small pep band of healthy students to provide support to the team. I'm sure some kids would have volunteered. Everyone would have been proud of the band members that made the effort to show up.

I'm sure the story of why the band didn't show up will come out.
I agree. Out of 300 kids, there should have been at least one busload at the game. This is the new band director's first year with the band. Not a good start.

Reaction Score
The more I think about this, the madder I get. I have been a donor to the UConn marching/pep band and I am really pissed that the band director would unilaterally do this and not inform the athletic department. To me that is extreme arrogance and it can't be tolerated. I'm going to divert my future band donations to the football team.

Reaction Score
The more I think about this, the madder I get. I have been a donor to the UConn marching/pep band and I am really pissed that the band director would unilaterally do this and not inform the athletic department. To me that is extreme arrogance and it can't be tolerated. I'm going to divert my future band donations to the football team.
Needs to fired on the spot. What an embarrassment and total slap in the face to kids who show up, give it their all rain or shine, and suffer through horrendous football but never let on. This administration is lost.

Reaction Score
Needs to fired on the spot. What an embarrassment and total slap in the face to kids who show up, give it their all rain or shine, and suffer through horrendous football but never let on. This administration is lost.
The reason he won't get fired is that he is an assistant professor in the School of Fine Arts. The only thing we can do is to stop financially supporting the marching/pep band until they make a change.

Reaction Score
The reason he won't get fired is that he is an assistant professor in the School of Fine Arts. The only thing we can do is to stop financially supporting the marching/pep band until they make a change.
Lmaoo yeah let's punish the kids for a decision they had not input making. The director should and will get fired or at least removed from the post, no need to make the band suffer.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This is another example of UCONN damaging itself, and the list is L-O-N-G: everything from the PP hire to the ConFLiCT to the COVID season. A big time program would NEVER have this happen. A big time program would have sent out a call to alums from the band to fill in and it would have been a feel-good story.

Reaction Score
Lmaoo yeah let's punish the kids for a decision they had not input making. The director should and will get fired or at least removed from the post, no need to make the band suffer.
Watch, they will not fire him. I just can’t support what he did and there will be no repercussions. This situation would not have happened at 99.9% of colleges, yet, UConn is going to tolerate it. Sad.

Reaction Score
Who cares? They are just truly unpaid kids with no NIL options like the athletes. It's not printed on the ticket that you are entitled to a postgame concert. If the band director was just trying to prevent the spread of illness, than so be it.

Though, maybe Roberson is like Yondu in the MCU and needs a whistle to direct a projectile and that is why you are all mad that the flute section was a no-show. In that case I am fuming...

Reaction Score
This might be a stupid question but do the kids on UCMB get any type of financial aide for being a part of the band

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom