2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle on Reclassifying | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle on Reclassifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
14/15 from the line! He'd fit right in here.

"Those guys never miss" Calipari on why he didn't foul against Uconn in the last minute of the NC game in an obvious fouling situation.
Remember the days when we used to regularly make more free throws than our opponents would attempt? That 2014 National Championship team was nearly automatic from the line in the tournament.

Reaction Score
14/15 from the line! He'd fit right in here.

"Those guys never miss" Calipari on why he didn't foul against Uconn in the last minute of the NC game in an obvious fouling situation.
One of the dumbest coaching decisions of all time lmao. They let the clock run down and then sent out a late double team on Bazz who passed to a wide open Kromah who was then fouled...Couldn't have drawn up a worse defensive situation plan.

Reaction Score
One of the dumbest coaching decisions of all time lmao. They let the clock run down and then sent out a late double team on Bazz who passed to a wide open Kromah who was then fouled...Couldn't have drawn up a worse defensive situation plan.
He’s a terrible coach. Has done less with more than anyone in history. And gets paid buttloads for doing so.

Reaction Score
Coach Cal at his best

Reaction Score
This might be a dumb question, but could a reclassification announcement be on hold so he can participate in this event? I’m not saying that would be the only reason, but it could be a factor. Or maybe I’m off base.
I think he has to finish up his classes first to determine if he qualifies for an early graduation.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Remember the days when we used to regularly make more free throws than our opponents would attempt? That 2014 National Championship team was nearly automatic from the line in the tournament.
No misses in winning time in that tourney.
None.
We won that tourney by having the ability to close out close games from the line.
The strategy ain't exciting, but winning the NC sure is!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I think he has to finish up his classes first to determine if he qualifies for an early graduation.
May 20 is the last school date for his school in Georgia...... soon.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
No misses in winning time in that tourney.
None.
We won that tourney by having the ability to close out close games from the line.
The strategy ain't exciting, but winning the NC sure is!
And, savoring every minute of the drama in slow motion for the winners and "the agony of defeat for the losers".

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It's AAU... most of it is meaningless, especially before Peach Jam.
Does he play in peach jam? I think he’s under armor circuit

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
You're right. Even more true then... AAU is just a showcase most of the time.
Kids are still competing. I think his numbers have to do with his extraordinarily high usage.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It's AAU... most of it is meaningless, especially before Peach Jam.
But like, he’s not taking contested 30 footers, to my knowledge. Isn’t AAU known for terrible defense?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kids are still competing. I think his numbers have to do with his extraordinarily high usage.
But he’d be a high usage guy for us, against much better comp. He’s probably not ready.

Reaction Score
But he’d be a high usage guy for us, against much better comp. He’s probably not ready.
Or maybe he’s just having a tough shooting stretch lol. As others said, it’s AAU, not the most strategic basketball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Or maybe he’s just having a tough shooting stretch lol. As others said, it’s AAU, not the most strategic basketball.
How many games have they played so far? Maybe it’s a small sample.

Reaction Score
I doubt he'll get the kind of training he needs to keep improving his athleticism in HS. His hops are pretty good and he's strong for his age and size--it's the hip fluidity and foot speed that need some tinkering.

But yeah this kid is going to be a beast. Looks more like a one and done every time I see him.

What's the ratio of kids who come here who are proclaimed to be possible one and dones to those who are actually one and dones? I'm fairly certain the ratio is a very substantial number to one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom