2023 Recruiting: - Stephon Castle on Reclassifying | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Stephon Castle on Reclassifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn has made it known it’s an option that is open for Stephon at UConn. That doesn’t mean they are pressuring him to take that option. It’s available, if he wants it. That’s all.

Reaction Score
How is reclassifying possible for so many of these kids? How do they have enough credits to graduate high school by the end of their 3rd year? Never understood how that worked.
Most schools require 3 math and 3 science credits. So kids just need to take one history and English class in the summer and they’re good to go if they want to. It’s more common at the athlete driven prep schools though. They’re set up for that sort of thing.

Reaction Score
Most schools require 3 math and 3 science credits. So kids just need to take one history and English class in the summer and they’re good to go if they want to. It’s more common at the athlete driven prep schools though. They’re set up for that sort of thing.
But you still need to take a minimum number of total classes. It would be pretty hard for most high school students to decide to graduate a year early at this point of their junior year unless they've made arrangements beforehand.

Most high school students who reclassify up a year had made a decision to do a post graduate year and then changed their minds. This is what happened with Shabazz.

For those who have a child who is a junior in high school, please let us know what would be the path for your child to graduate this June instead of June 2023. I'm sure for most it would be impossible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Contrary to some reports, a push is on for Castle to re-class. Hopefully, academics don’t get in the way.
UConn has made it known it’s an option that is open for Stephon at UConn. That doesn’t mean they are pressuring him to take that option. It’s available, if he wants it. That’s all.
So they are pushing him to reclassify but there is no pressure to do so?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Maybe. But we just had a kid who comitted, came, practiced for a year and left without playing a game. You can never stop recruiting these kids now, even when they are on the team. Have to show them the love because lots of other coaches will be trying to get him to decommit. I am looking at this as “we love you and really want you at UConn”. Now or later.
I read this the same way.

Being from SEC country, we need a consistent full court press on this kid until he steps foot on campus.

With all the money being thrown around, the better and better he keeps playing on the high school circuit getting a massive pay day from a Georgia, Auburn or LSU still concerns me.

I don’t care how set he is in on UConn. Every person has a number they can’t pass up. Then again, I have no idea what our dark money NIL is to him…

Reaction Score

Being from SEC country, we need a consistent full court press on this kid until he steps foot on campus.

With all the money being thrown around, the better and better he keeps playing on the high school circuit getting a massive pay day from a Georgia, Auburn or LSU still concerns me.

I don’t care how set he is in on UConn. Every person has a number they can’t pass up. Then again, I have no idea what our dark money NIL is to him…
I live basically on UF campus. I think the same thing. I’ll believe he’s here when I see it. There is such rampant cheating in the $EC and now tons of it’s legal. I hope he reclassifies.

Some donor from Auburn or Georgia likely to buy Mrs Castle a condo after reading her tweet lol.

Seems like an awesome honest family but man the SEC is corrupt.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I live basically on UF campus. I think the same thing. I’ll believe he’s here when I see it. There is such rampant cheating in the $EC and now tons of it’s legal. I hope he reclassifies.

Some donor from Auburn or Georgia likely to buy Mrs Castle a condo after reading her tweet lol.

I get you live in SEC country but this happens everywhere and has happened everywhere. College sports isn't about college its about sports.

Reaction Score
So they are pushing him to reclassify but there is no pressure to do so?
When you recruit 4 and 5 star basketball recruits it’s more thoughtful and nuance than perhaps -Randy2.0 football recruiting.
I did NOT say we were pushing “him” to reclassify. I said a push was on (by the staff) to have Castle reclass. What I meant by that is, the staff is communicating the opportunity, the academic feasibility and how it would be a family comfortable transition. However, as I consistently stated, there is no pressure tactic from UConn on Stephon to do so.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Who says when he steps on campus he's still there in 10, 30, 90, 365 days?
These days this is the pressing issue and the question that can't be ignored

Reaction Score
Sunday Courant article gave me the vibe that Castle/family might be leaning towards him staying in HS vs reclass. Have no inside info but it seems like they're letting him make the decision and he seems intent on one and done. Maybe going to wait a year (and/or like a Karaban mid-year reclass) so that things are easier for him to accomplish that objective in '23.

Staff continues to show their love at his games.. Ramey may know something we don't.

Reaction Score
Ramey may know something we don't.
meaning a reason for why we didn't make his list of 20 schools? i think it's because hurley is focused on a good G happy to come off the bench.

i realize ramey is better than hawk and alleyne but it seems clear our 5 starters are newton, hawk, alleyne, jax, and sanogo.

ramey always seemed like a pipe dream. i think we're focused on the rudi williams / femi odukale tier now. not making rudi's final list was a bigger cause for concern than not making ramey's is IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
meaning a reason for why we didn't make his list of 20 schools? i think it's because hurley is focused on a good G happy to come off the bench.

i realize ramey is better than hawk and alleyne but it is what it is. seems clear our 5 starters are newton, hawk, alleyne, jax, and sanogo.
Lol, Ramey isn't better than Hawkins. He's on par with Alleyne.

Reaction Score
he certainly was last season. not saying i'd trade one for the other and i think everyone would agree hawkins has a higher ceiling than ramey but he hasnt come close to reaching it yet we're counting on him to have a bouk like soph leap next year.

Reaction Score
Don't disagree.. Guys who are in"play"/in the portal talk.. DH /staff are working on guys the Yard don't even know about yet..

You can't load up on Alpha Dogs and keep everyone happy..

The guys DH scored on are building blocks to next year's kick ass team

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I love a PG shooting 93% from the line in a game with high volume attempts.
Good foul shooting by ball handlers/scorers is worth 2-3 games a year with a competitive team.
Getting to the FT line is when players like Kemba and Bazz made their leaps. High IQ level quality.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
14/15 from the line! He'd fit right in here.

"Those guys never miss" Calipari on why he didn't foul against Uconn in the last minute of the NC game in an obvious fouling situation.
That Steve Nash still paid huge dividends throughout the whole tournament. 90% FT shooting from a team is unheard of.

Reaction Score

adding "seems like an awesome honest family" doesn't erase the fact you just said they can be bought.

Reaction Score
20220429_221744.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member