OT: - Songs that make you Happy | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs that make you Happy

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
In addition to being a great old song, this video has an interesting story. In 1975, Rick Derringer and the McCoys decided to do an updated version of their late ’60s hit, “Hang on Sloopy.” They sped it up a bit and added a bit of instrumentation and hired a dancer for one of those new-fangled music videos. It was for European distribution, and wasn’t until 2012 that the video began showing up on Youtube in the U.S. It became something of a viral sensation, in part because everyone wanted to know who was that pretty blonde dancing in front of the band.

After years of speculation, internet arguments and false claims, it turns out her name is Lisa Leonard Dalton. She was hired for $200 to show up that day. They told her how to dress, gave her a cap to hide her long, blonde hair for a strategic unveiling and told her to stroll toward the band and stop in front of them and dance. That’s it. She improvised the whole thing. They told her to dance. The girl danced. The video now has 32 million views.

I find stories like this charming. They make me happy.

Very cool. I must admit that I didn't know Rick Derringer had been in a group before Johnny Winter And.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I loved this the first time I heard it when I was probably 9 or 10, on one of those Funk & Wagnels sets that they sold in grocery stores, one volume a week. I love it from start to finish, but the Largo is the stuff of the gods.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom