OT: - Songs that make you Happy | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs that make you Happy

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I get happy with this video best because it features both Cab Calloway and the Nicholas Brothers. I get happy with Cab's singing, the bands music, and the Nicholas Brothers Jumpin' and Jivin'. Such amazing dancers!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In addition to being a great old song, this video has an interesting story. In 1975, Rick Derringer and the McCoys decided to do an updated version of their late ’60s hit, “Hang on Sloopy.” They sped it up a bit and added a bit of instrumentation and hired a dancer for one of those new-fangled music videos. It was for European distribution, and wasn’t until 2012 that the video began showing up on Youtube in the U.S. It became something of a viral sensation, in part because everyone wanted to know who was that pretty blonde dancing in front of the band.

After years of speculation, internet arguments and false claims, it turns out her name is Lisa Leonard Dalton. She was hired for $200 to show up that day. They told her how to dress, gave her a cap to hide her long, blonde hair for a strategic unveiling and told her to stroll toward the band and stop in front of them and dance. That’s it. She improvised the whole thing. They told her to dance. The girl danced. The video now has 32 million views.

I find stories like this charming. They make me happy.

Reaction Score
In Conway there used to be a public swimming pool where my family were members. In the hot summertime we'd go there and swim until we started growing webbing between our toes :D . They had a jukebox in the little area where the vending machines were located, and a speaker system that would play music while we swam. One song that was popular, I'll forever associate with that swimming pool and swimming and splashing under the hot summer sun. I always thought as a youngster that it was Neil Diamond who sang this song, but it wasn't him - it was a band that sadly only had this one hit as their accomplishment of note. But it was a great feel-good song in its day:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
In addition to being a great old song, this video has an interesting story. In 1975, Rick Derringer and the McCoys decided to do an updated version of their late ’60s hit, “Hang on Sloopy.” They sped it up a bit and added a bit of instrumentation and hired a dancer for one of those new-fangled music videos. It was for European distribution, and wasn’t until 2012 that the video began showing up on Youtube in the U.S. It became something of a viral sensation, in part because everyone wanted to know who was that pretty blonde dancing in front of the band.

After years of speculation, internet arguments and false claims, it turns out her name is Lisa Leonard Dalton. She was hired for $200 to show up that day. They told her how to dress, gave her a cap to hide her long, blonde hair for a strategic unveiling and told her to stroll toward the band and stop in front of them and dance. That’s it. She improvised the whole thing. They told her to dance. The girl danced. The video now has 32 million views.

I find stories like this charming. They make me happy.
You'll probably like this story then. The Black Keys had filmed a video for their song "Lonely Boy", but didn't like the final product. Had it edited again and still no. But they remembered an extra from the filming dancing off to the side. Actor/musician/part-time security guard Derrick T. Tuggle. They asked him if he could perform. He said anybody can dance. So..... he did and they filmed it in one take. (Wasted the other video that included up to 40 people.)

Hope it make you happy. 148 million views.

Reaction Score
You'll probably like this story then. The Black Keys had filmed a video for their song "Lonely Boy", but didn't like the final product. Had it edited again and still no. But they remembered an extra from the filming dancing off to the side. Actor/musician/part-time security guard Derrick T. Tuggle. They asked him if he could perform. He said anybody can dance. So..... he did and they filmed it in one take. (Wasted the other video that included up to 40 people.)

Hope it make you happy. 148 million views.

Love The Black Keys, love that song, and now I love Derrick T. Tuggle...lol. He's right. Anybody can dance. It's just that some folks are good at it. Thanks for the smile. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom