OT: - Songs that make you Happy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Songs that make you Happy

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
When I was in 8th grade I did a report on something -- maybe the roaring 20's -- and I remember a quote about Dixieland jazz: "It was good-time music for people who wanted to have fun" I've seen these guys a few times; the best was actually at UConn probably in the mid-late 70's, and included this piece:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This one from Epica is Kingdom of Heaven III -- The Antediluvian Universe. This is a kind-of live studio version, live-streamed during the pandemic. Some great visuals, and just a spectacularly beautiful and uplifting song.

Reaction Score
When I was in 8th grade I did a report on something -- maybe the roaring 20's -- and I remember a quote about Dixieland jazz: "It was good-time music for people who wanted to have fun" I've seen these guys a few times; the best was actually at UConn probably in the mid-late 70's, and included this piece:

Yes, for sure. We saw them in New Orleans a couple of times. They are usually a pick up band of old timers who just love to play. We also saw them at Symphony Hall in Boston believe it or not. Tuba Skinny is continuing the old time traditions as well as Steamboat Willie if he still is playing. I'll try to find some AfroPop, which is also lots of fun too.

Reaction Score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="YouTube" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reaction Score
OK, with tongue planted firmly in cheek (and now that the Dislike button is gone)....
The Beat Farmers - Happy Boy
This was called the "Friday Song" on I-95FM radio in Danbury and played every Friday (a long time ago).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom