September recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

September recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We can all hope. I really like KiKi, and I would be thrilled if she decided on us. I can honestly say that I wasn't a fan of KK, and us not on her list doesn't bother me in the least. What I want to know is when will some of these girls come for a visit? To be more to the point, when will KiKi come up here? I haven't heard of her visiting anywhere that I know of, so does anyone have any inside info on that? It doesn't matter what Board you are reading, everyone wants her, but everything about her seems to be speculation. Sometimes I think these girls are playing us and every other school on their list. LOL. Still want Shade though.
Seems more like....
mom son GIF

:eek: Yea I hate when these teenage girls take their time, and make up their own minds, and not consider us BYers.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I stand corrected, now I have to recalculate my death date.
Wow, the wife and I like grilled hot dogs. Now I have to figure this out in game minutes. Time is ticking I guess, have to limit our OT games.

Reaction Score
Rice is still very much in the picture for UConn. The Stanford fans believe she’s heading somewhere other than Palo Alto. Caroline & Saylor both strike me as sf/wings. As I look at it, Rice is a big, athletic combo guard and tough defender who fits into the lineup a lot of places. Whether it’s Rice or someone else, I don’t think Geno is done recruiting for 2022.

While their own fans mightn't be confident mainly based on her not liking their championship winning posts on their social media pages, I think Stanford still has a high chance of getting Rice.
As others have alluded to, PT at Uconn and even Duke now with Day-Wilson and other guards is tight. Barker committing to them or not could be huge. As realistically Duke are not serious NC contenders for a few more years at least without top talent in multiple positions.
Stanford on the other hand arguably needs her most as they don't have an obvious PG for even this year nevermind '22 and beyond. Another post also mentioned that family tradition and academics are supposedly significant. So while I'm not pessimistic on Uconn's chances, Stanford ticks those boxes well while offering close second NC prospects to Uconn with that frontcourt.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Perhaps you missed these additional hotdog moments:
:29 She blocks a shot out of bounds and immediately turns to the opponent and starts flexing and talking trash.
1:09 She slaps an opponent on the backside. *
1:51 The extended gooseneck pose after draining the long three.
2:13 Another extended gooseneck pose.
2:21 The bicep curl flex after making a stinking layup.
3:08 The arrogant slow strut and stare after making a shot to end the half.

* That girl took it pretty well and certainly much better than any player I have ever coached.
I actually did not notice the things you listed. Not one of them is something I like to see a player do. So, if she plays like that all the time, she is definitely a Hot Dog. I have noticed a number of female basketball players and Little League baseball players flexing and doing the same things male athletes have been doing that has turned me off.

Reaction Score
Perhaps you missed these additional hotdog moments:
:29 She blocks a shot out of bounds and immediately turns to the opponent and starts flexing and talking trash.
1:09 She slaps an opponent on the backside. *
1:51 The extended gooseneck pose after draining the long three.
2:13 Another extended gooseneck pose.
2:21 The bicep curl flex after making a stinking layup.
3:08 The arrogant slow strut and stare after making a shot to end the half.

* That girl took it pretty well and certainly much better than any player I have ever coached.
She may be all those things, BUT isn't the development of these players supposed to go beyond just basketball? If not, then it shouldn't be sold at the recruiting market. These are teens. Personally, I certainly wouldn't give up hope considering none of the above amounts to a felony or even a misdemeanor. Even diamonds have flaws.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Primarily the coaches, the parents, her teammates, , all responsible adult in her life.
Yes to all you have written, however she is ultimately responsible for her actions. Yes she can change and I hope she does. She must decide how she portrays herself on the court and so far she is not what I want for our team. That said earlier she is worth watching, no doubt she has talent, I want more than what she currently has to offer.

Reaction Score
Not gonna happen. They all want to be the face of a program. I have a feeling about my sixth sense and it’s telling me to write this so I’ll get likes and can increase my dollar amount for my NIL which I will use to help the entire time so that it’s fair and I can buy them pizza if my brand coach tells me it’s ok so my team won’t be mad at me and throw games. I got this all figured out. I will commit to Tennessee because rankings don’t matter and Geno didn’t rank Candace high enough so she dunked on him, well not actually him, and Geno told the US committee to keep her off the team. I could go on forever…….Oh and Pat. Always have to mention Pat.
I’d bet pretty high that at least two of those players will be playing for UConn in “24!

Reaction Score
agreed Huskie, looking at depth chart for Uconn guards are listed: Paige, Fudd, Muhl, Ducharme,Saylor,Ducharme. Also I don't have Kiki going to Duke I just thought it be nice to see her play with Barker. 90% she goes to Stanford
Hoping for Arizona, personally! Pair her with Nnaji (already signed) and possibly KK Bransford and/or Grace Van Slooten plus Adia Barnes current roster and suddenly Stanford no longer has a walkover for the PAC-12 title.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I actually did not notice the things you listed. Not one of them is something I like to see a player do. So, if she plays like that all the time, she is definitely a Hot Dog. I have noticed a number of female basketball players and Little League baseball players flexing and doing the same things male athletes have been doing that has turned me off.
We have to be careful in our evaluations of the behavior of young people, lest we become hypocritical. I seem to recall a particular freshman star at UConn exhibiting a level of exuberance that included bicep flexing, primal yells and chest bumps. Do any UConn fans believe Paige should rein in her behavior?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While their own fans mightn't be confident mainly based on her not liking their championship winning posts on their social media pages, I think Stanford still has a high chance of getting Rice.
As others have alluded to, PT at Uconn and even Duke now with Day-Wilson and other guards is tight. Barker committing to them or not could be huge. As realistically Duke are not serious NC contenders for a few more years at least without top talent in multiple positions.
Stanford on the other hand arguably needs her most as they don't have an obvious PG for even this year nevermind '22 and beyond. Another post also mentioned that family tradition and academics are supposedly significant. So while I'm not pessimistic on Uconn's chances, Stanford ticks those boxes well while offering close second NC prospects to Uconn with that frontcourt.
Time will tell. Stanford’s freshman class includes 4 guards and Palo Alto is a long way from DC.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2025 Sania Richardson (#48) at the recent Blue Star event:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We have to be careful in our evaluations of the behavior of young people, lest we become hypocritical. I seem to recall a particular freshman star at UConn exhibiting a level of exuberance that included bicep flexing, primal yells and chest bumps. Do any UConn fans believe Paige should rein in her behavior?
Let's be careful not to liken Paige's flexing to the behaviors you saw in that video. There should be no such comparison. As far as "us" being hypocritical, be careful there as well. Had Paige exhibited those same behaviors I imagine the BY critique would have been far worse. Of course that would mean we had entered an alternate universe in which the program standards & respect for the game which CD & Geno have establish were gone.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Let's be careful not to liken Paige's flexing to the behaviors you saw in that video. There should be no such comparison. As far as "us" being hypocritical, be careful there as well. Had Paige exhibited those same behaviors I imagine the BY critique would have been far worse. Of course that would mean we had entered an alternate universe in which the program standards & respect for the game which CD & Geno have establish were gone.
Z Jones is a talented young 15 year old kid. I agree that her 360 spins when no one is guarding her are over the top, although it’s worth noting that at least once on the tape she does a spin to separate from a defender, which reminded me of Christyn’s 360 spinning layup vs SC.

Other than that, I didn’t see anything on that tape that bothered me. Z Jones was having fun and showing emotion, which is exactly why we all love Paige. There in lies my comparison between the two. I think we would all do well to be a little less judgmental.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I do. I did not like her flexing either.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I do. I did not like her flexing either.
Times have changed. Back in the dark ages, the coaches I played for would have found me a good seat on the bench, right next to them. Since Paige did that double arm flex throughout the season, I can only assume Geno is OK with it.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Times have changed. Back in the dark ages, the coaches I played for would have found me a good seat on the bench, right next to them. Since Paige did that double arm flex throughout the season, I can only assume Geno is OK with it.
You would have been lucky. My coach would have had me on the end of the bench, away from him.:confused:

Reaction Score
I think the best possible comparison for a potential role for Rice is Evina. Their games are very very similar in my opinion. Both have enough size and versatile skills to be quite comfortable at 1-3. Remember Evina was a point guard at Tennessee, but here with Paige and Nika she was not needed much there, and as a "swiss army knife" became more of a 2/3 and even played some at the 4.

I agree with some here that a PG is not "needed" in 22, but I don't think of Rice as a pure point guard, but rather a three position player who on this team would be more of a 2/3, and next year we lose two of those in Christyn and Evina, and Rice appears to be about as close to a clone of Evina as I can imagine.

So I think she could clearly find a role next year, the question is how big a role is required for her to be interested. I don't think she views herself just as a point guard, or we wouldn't still be in the mix. I suspect she also knows with two generational talents at PG (Paige) and SG (Azzi) that starting at either of those positions is extremely unlikely until they graduate. Her only realistic shot at starting in the first couple of years would be at the 3. There she still would have serious potential competition from Caroline and others, but in Evina she has an excellent exhibit A of how a big point guard can and has made that transaction successfully at Uconn.
don't see that comparison at all, Kiki does more with the ball and is much more of an athlete and she just is an all around better player than Evina. People that see Kiki closely say she has Allen Iverson similarities and the one player that reminded me of AI for the female side is Aari Mcdonald as we saw in the final four. To the fan that was rooting for Arz you might get ur wish ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
don't see that comparison at all, Kiki does more with the ball and is much more of an athlete and she just is an all around better player than Evina. People that see Kiki closely say she has Allen Iverson similarities and the one player that reminded me of AI for the female side is Aari Mcdonald as we saw in the final four. To the fan that was rooting for Arz you might get ur wish ;)

Should be noted Westbrook was a higher ranked recruit at all services than Rice though Rice is obviously top-10.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Former UConn final-lister Paulina Paris has released her visits:

Penn State, USC, Indiana, North Carolina, and Washington.

Reaction Score
Should be noted Westbrook was a higher ranked recruit at all services than Rice though Rice is obviously top-10.
ranking doesn't matter, #3 was Boston and she is the best in her class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc