September recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

September recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a question. When coaches follow players during recruiting, do they unfollow them if they commit somewhere else?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Just because Paige can play off the ball doesn’t mean she is not a
point guard. She is clearly the best pg on this team, which obviously means she is a better pg than Nika! Therefore, your contention that we only have one pure pg must be wrong! I’ve watched Kiki on numerous occasions and imo she is (though capable at the point) far less of a “pure” pg than Paige. In fact, I would say she (Kiki) is closer to a combo guard than a pure pg. Having said that, I must admit that she (Kiki) has shown tremendous growth over the past year or so and whereas I had concluded that we were better off waiting for Arnold in “23”, I am now waffling on that point. Let’s just say I’d be happy with either one (or both)!
But Geno thinks Paige is better for the team playing off the ball, that is why I referred to Nika as a 'pure point guard'

Reaction Score
KK Bransford Top 5:
UCLA, Arizona, ND, UNC, & Michigan. Sorry UConn fans.
You you got though??
I think it’s ND.

Reaction Score
But Geno thinks Paige is better for the team playing off the ball, that is why I referred to Nika as a 'pure point guard'
It will be interesting to see what Geno thinks this coming year. With some of the best shooters in the country joining the Huskies, I think he will play Paige at the point guard position. Her ability to move the ball is as strong as her shooting and both will take pressure off Azzi, Williams and the other guards.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The multiples could be Patterson and Dorka who committed after the comment. I too would love to see KiKi here. We actually have one pure point guard in Nika. I know many others can play it but KiKi and Nika would be our only dedicated points.
The multiples almost certainly did not include Dorka because Geno made those comments shortly before the Patterson commitment which was March 22nd. Dorka did not enter the transfer Portal until April 3rd.

Reaction Score
KK Bransford Top 5:
UCLA, Arizona, ND, UNC, & Michigan. Sorry UConn fans.
You you got though??
I think it’s ND.

We ain’t stressin. On to the next. Henceforth her name shall not be mentioned on this forum. So it is said, so it is written, so it shall be!!!!!

Reaction Score
You know a few months ago I would have thought KK was the more likely commit, and Kiki partly because of academics and being considered a point guard with Paige and Nika was a long-shot. Since then it is starting to look like we favored Kiki of the two and went after her more, and I have come to view her as more of a three position player that could be like another Evina.

KK may have tired of being the plan B, since we probably were looking to add just one of those ,not both. Todd may now be plan B but similarly I think they may only look in that direction if Kiki goes elsewhere and Todd may not want to wait, and I'm not sure if we should pursue Todd even if we miss out on Kiki.

Reaction Score
0% chance Kiki goes to Uconn, she is not gonna be in the shadow of Paige and Azzi she wants to be the face of a program and she deserves that opportunity. I watched the 3X3 highlights and I couldn't stop noticing her chemistry with Barker who is the #2 recruit and she is #5. I looked at their schools of interest and thought would be nice if they play together and saw one common school DUKE. If Kara can pull that off, the landscape of wbb will change for that program

Reaction Score
0% chance Kiki goes to Uconn, she is not gonna be in the shadow of Paige and Azzi she wants to be the face of a program and she deserves that opportunity. I watched the 3X3 highlights and I couldn't stop noticing her chemistry with Barker who is the #2 recruit and she is #5. I looked at their schools of interest and thought would be nice if they play together and saw one common school DUKE. If Kara can pull that off, the landscape of wbb will change for that program
Did she tell you she wants to be the face of a program or did you just make that up to draw readers like me in? or maybe you can “just tell” or have a sixth sense.

Reaction Score
With the recent addition of Day-Wilson, could the same not be said about Duke? Also, with two guards already committed for 2022, would Duke be the right fit for her now?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We ain’t stressin. On to the next. Henceforth her name shall not be mentioned on this forum. So it is said, so it is written, so it shall be!!!!!
We are not desperate to pick up a point guard in 22, and in my opinion, we don't need one now. We have Paige, Nika, and Azzi for 2 and 3 more years after this season. KiKi is not coming here, and besides the academics, she would not get a lot of PT with the roster we have. In 23 the roster thins out a little, and we can see openings and PT availability for any new recruits that we bring on. Paige and Nika will be seniors and we will be looking for a replacement at the point the next year. This IMHO is the critical time to pick one up, with only a small group able to fill this need. I think 22 is too early, 24 is too late. 23 is the time, thus I hope the coaches all put the time in to secure this important position in this class. Go after Shade at all costs.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
We are not desperate to pick up a point guard in 22, and in my opinion, we don't need one now. We have Paige, Nika, and Azzi for 2 and 3 more years after this season. KiKi is not coming here, and besides the academics, she would not get a lot of PT with the roster we have. In 23 the roster thins out a little, and we can see openings and PT availability for any new recruits that we bring on. Paige and Nika will be seniors and we will be looking for a replacement at the point the next year. This IMHO is the critical time to pick one up, with only a small group able to fill this need. I think 22 is too early, 24 is too late. 23 is the time, thus I hope the coaches all put the time in to secure this important position in this class. Go after Shade at all costs.
:eek: Yet another post definitively stating that Kiki is not coming to UCONN?
IMO you acquire talent when it is available and '23 is too far away. Before 23 comes around UCONN will in likely graduate a pair of SG this spring in Evina and Christyn. I'm not sure why you have Kiki pigeon holed into the a PG position because she is much more capable than this. Even if you limit Kiki's position to PG, I'm sure competing with Nika for minutes would be a challenge Kiki would welcome and decisively win. Mikaylah Williams is the combo guard in 23 that UCONN should acquire at all cost and Shade is not a PG any more than Kiki is.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
:eek: Yet another post definitively stating that Kiki is not coming to UCONN?
IMO you acquire talent when it is available and '23 is too far away. Before 23 comes around UCONN will in likely graduate a pair of SG this spring in Evina and Christyn. I'm not sure why you have Kiki pigeon holed into the a PG position because she is much more capable than this. Even if you limit Kiki's position to PG, I'm sure competing with Nika for minutes would be a challenge Kiki would welcome and decisively win. Mikaylah Williams is the combo guard in 23 that UCONN should acquire at all cost and Shade is not a PG any more than Kiki is.
I acknowledge that Williams, Shade, and Rice are not pure point guards, but nowadays, who is? These big time girls want to play, and with the over crowded roster that we have now I don't think she will come here, but that is only my opinion. I would love to have her here, I just think she will choose a school that will need her right away.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I acknowledge that Williams, Shade, and Rice are not pure point guards, but nowadays, who is? These big time girls want to play, and with the over crowded roster that we have now I don't think she will come here, but that is only my opinion. I would love to have her here, I just think she will choose a school that will need her right away.
Kamorea Arnold '23 is holding a UCONN offer and is considered a pure PG. Nowadays what makes a player a pure PG is mainly size which limits the ability to defend and play any other position. Arnold is generously listed a 5'6". You might recalled the failed experiment to turn Crystal Dangerfield into a SG when CW was struggling. Kiki is at 5'11" and can play positions 1-3. Many people share your opinion that Kiki is not coming to UCONN for some of the reasons you state. These are just opinions which are far different from your definitive statement that she not coming-& thus the rub.

Reaction Score
I agree with the “go after Shade” sentiment but Arnold is the one we should sign for the point. If we can get Arnold, Shade, Booker/Williams, and Toomey/Cunningham, I think we can all be assured of a continuation of the UConn juggernaut.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I agree with the “go after Shade” sentiment but Arnold is the one we should sign for the point. If we can get Arnold, Shade, Booker/Williams, and Toomey/Cunningham, I think we can all be assured of a continuation of the UConn juggernaut.
I get it, but geeeeeeeez. Somebody please make a decision, I am very impatient, and I'm not getting any younger. We will see where the chips fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom