Selection Show thread!!! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Selection Show thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Right. If they are a 2, it is the weakest 2, as it should be. I don't think they make the regional final.

The selection committee doesnt know what principles they want to use.. is it based on geography... or on the S curve. Seems like they change it every year. If its on geography.. WVU should be the #2 in the Notre Dame region.... Duke should be the #2 in Louisville.... and baylor should be in Lincoln as the #2.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Of all the stuff you say, Doggy, I hope the most of all that this is true.
Well, I think I spoke the truth. There hasn't been any recruit that said the weak conference schedule is why they dropped UConn. Until then, I'll believe it's about 7th on the list for reasons to go to a school.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Possible matchup Texas vs Maryland. I hunk that would be a good game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Not sure any Gamecock fans will sympathize.

All in all you guys got as easy a path to F4 as you had any right to expect.
Actually, if we have to play on another team's home court, Stanford doesn't draw particularly well at Maples, so it won't be as tough as playing in Knoxville in the regular season or in South Bend if we had been the 2 in their region.

Reaction Score
Not sure any Gamecock fans will sympathize.

All in all you guys got as easy a path to F4 as you had any right to expect.

I agree that even though SC got the 1 seed, it is hard for them to go to Seattle and then Palo Alto. It would have made better sense to send SC to Ames and Stanford to Seattle.

Reaction Score
Actually, if we have to play on another team's home court, Stanford doesn't draw particularly well at Maples, so it won't be as tough as playing in Knoxville in the regular season or in South Bend if we had been the 2 in their region.

Maples will be full for the Regionals.

Reaction Score
Methinks two AAC teams got punished for the old BE breaking up. Both of those teams would beat 1/2 of the NCAA field the committee picked. As far as I can tell, the committee works pretty much the same way the sport writers work - a popularity contest.
Pathetic.

The whole strength of schedule is crazy. If you are #10, which schedule is more difficult: vs #1 and 100 or vs 50 and 51? According to the RPI minded folks and committee, those are equal schedules. Utter nonsense.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ok Im not happy . Duke as a 2 Louisville as a 3. SEC gets 2 number 1 seeds? Tenn isnt a top 5 team for almost the entire season and USC dosnt make the conference final and frankly did not play well end of the season. LVille has 3 losses to UConn and one to Kentucky. Stanford a 2 seed with only a couple of losses. Wow. They dont need a committee they need the Boneyard to pick the seedings next season. LOL

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rutgers didn't even make the first four out list? Ouch?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ok Im not happy . Duke as a 2 Louisville as a 3. SEC gets 2 number 1 seeds? Tenn isnt a top 5 team for almost the entire season and USC dosnt make the conference final and frankly did not play well end of the season. LVille has 3 losses to UConn and one to Kentucky. Stanford a 2 seed with only a couple of losses. Wow. They dont need a committee they need the Boneyard to pick the seedings next season. LOL

Hypothetically... switch Duke and Louisville's conference affiliation and schedule. How many losses would each have team have ? Regardless... nobody is gonna change my mind that Duke deserves a #2 seed.... so no need for anyone to even try :p

Reaction Score
Me thinks Muffet is getting a little too big for her britches. (As my grandma used to say.)

Very true, but I think we should all hope for a battle of the undefeateds. Best for the game I think. Last year the final was just a formality.

Reaction Score

Doesn't matter to us Tonyc; we got a clear shot to the finals.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hypothetically... switch Duke and Louisville's conference affiliation and schedule. How many losses would each have team have ? Regardless... nobody is gonna change my mind that Duke deserves a #2 seed.... so no need for anyone to even try :p[/quote

Good point. However Duke is not healthy. Second LVille played UConn 3 times. As tuff as you might think the ACC is imo they have alot of talented players but not alot of good team ball. The SEC does not have as many talented players and got 2 one seeds. Tenn for most of the season wasnt a top 5 team and USC faltered at the end of the season. Neither should be a one seed IMO. My top 4 seeds based on team and talented players are in order UConn ND Lville and Stanford. I think alot had to do with Tenn being a one seed because the FF is in Nashville and Tenn will make the FF which will sell out the rest of the tickets. I would be shocked if Tenn doesnt make the FF now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
McBride is a smart, skilled, and tough player, but she's lacking the physical tools of Stewie, Sims, Thomas, and Ogwumike. She may be the 5th best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom