Selection Show thread!!! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Selection Show thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And who deserves a #2 then ?? :rolleyes: Please dont say Louisville
Why not Louisville. Duke is down 2 big players. You can argue Duke still deserves a 2 but Louisville certainly just as talented at this point.

Reaction Score
Ok Im not happy . Duke as a 2 Louisville as a 3. SEC gets 2 number 1 seeds? Tenn isnt a top 5 team for almost the entire season and USC dosnt make the conference final and frankly did not play well end of the season. LVille has 3 losses to UConn and one to Kentucky. Stanford a 2 seed with only a couple of losses. Wow. They dont need a committee they need the Boneyard to pick the seedings next season. LOL
Committee does not seem consistent on rewarding teams that play well going into post season. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't. Definitely rewarded Tennessee and from what I have seen Tenn is a greatly improved team (hate to admit it).

Reaction Score
McBride is a smart, skilled, and tough player, but she's lacking the physical tools of Stewie, Sims, Thomas, and Ogwumike. She may be the 5th best player.
No insult being the 5th best player behind those four.

Reaction Score
Very true, but I think we should all hope for a battle of the undefeateds. Best for the game I think. Last year the final was just a formality.
Would be a great time for Stewie to throw one down.

Reaction Score
Muffet says they have the best bench in the country.

Specifically mentions Wright and Cable.

Myth, and she just adds to it.

Despite my earlier conviction that we would handle ND easily, I am now very worried as I just found out on the selection show that they have the best player in the country (McBride), The best sixth man (Mabry?), and the best bench in the country! How can we possibly win?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'm okay with Stanford getting a 2 seed, even though both SC and Stanford lost in the semis in conference tourney, but I'm not okay being sent to Ames, IA to likely play ISU on their home court.

As an ISU alum, I can understand that. :)

You'll still win, but the crowd there will make it competitive. Hilton Magic is real. Just not real enough to defeat Stanford.

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Hypothetically... switch Duke and Louisville's conference affiliation and schedule. How many losses would each have team have ? Regardless... nobody is gonna change my mind that Duke deserves a #2 seed.... so no need for anyone to even try :p
How many loses would they have if they were missing both Gray and Jones the entire year?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How many loses would they have if they were missing both Gray and Jones the entire year?

More than we would have next year if both returned healthy and at 100% full strength ;)

Reaction Score
Despite my earlier conviction that we would handle ND easily, I am now very worried as I just found out on the selection show that they have the best player in the country (McBride), The best sixth man (Mabry?), and the best bench in the country! How can we possibly win?
Breanna Stewart.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I was thinking how could the SEC get 2 one seeds and Stanford and LVille both top 4 teams all season get 2 and 3 seeds with better records. Here is my logic. First USC struggled down the stretch, lost in the SEC tourney and didnt make the finals. They had a fairly easy OOC schedule and the SEC is not strong. The SEC has been up and down all season. Tenn for the most part was not a top 4 team all season as LVille and Stanford were with better records. So why Tenn a one seed? Thats easy the FF are in Nashville and if Tenn makes it they will sell out and the money is big for the NCAA. So get ready for Tenn to some how make it to the FF. Why did USC get a one seed? That I havent figured out yet. All season the top 5 teams were UConn ND LVille Stanford and Baylor. What happened? The correct answer is politics and putting fannies in the seats. A FF with the potential of Tenn in Tenn ND and UConn and anybody else is huge for TV and a sellout.

Reaction Score
I was thinking how could the SEC get 2 one seeds and Stanford and LVille both top 4 teams all season get 2 and 3 seeds with better records. Here is my logic. First USC struggled down the stretch, lost in the SEC tourney and didnt make the finals. They had a fairly easy OOC schedule and the SEC is not strong. The SEC has been up and down all season. Tenn for the most part was not a top 4 team all season as LVille and Stanford were with better records. So why Tenn a one seed? Thats easy the FF are in Nashville and if Tenn makes it they will sell out and the money is big for the NCAA. So get ready for Tenn to some how make it to the FF. Why did USC get a one seed? That I havent figured out yet. All season the top 5 teams were UConn ND LVille Stanford and Baylor. What happened? The correct answer is politics and putting fannies in the seats. A FF with the potential of Tenn in Tenn ND and UConn and anybody else is huge for TV and a sellout.

Where a team was ranked in the AP poll was irrelevant. The committee does not use the AP poll to make its seedings, and thank God for that.

But if you do want to look at the poll, consider this:
Tenn is 6-3 against the AP top 25.
Louisville is 0-4.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
South Carolina will also draw well in Nashville; it's only a 6+ hour drive from Columbia and 5 hours from Upstate SC.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Possible matchup USC vs Maryland or Texas. Another good game.

That's if USC gets by Tennessee. According to Massey (the rating service that seems to be popular here), Tennessee beats USC 4 games to 0 in a seven game series, and that's on a neutral court. I'm more worried about a potential Maryland matchup..

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
That's if USC gets by Tennessee. According to Massey (the rating service that seems to be popular here), Tennessee beats USC 4 games to 0 in a seven game series, and that's on a neutral court. I'm more worried about a potential Maryland matchup..

Neither you or Stwain got it.

Oh well.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Maybe they recognize the future in women's basketball lies in Columbia SC, and they want to get it started off in good fashion...

:)

Dawn could be the next elite coach who wins lots of championships. You never know in a few years we may be having the discussion on who can beat US Carolina

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Anyone know when the last time a non traditional power received a one seed in the tournament? I think it's mighty impressive what Dawn has been able to accomplish in her short tenure at South Carolina

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dawn could be the next elite coach who wins lots of championships. You never know in a few years we may be having the discussion on who can beat US Carolina

I gotta ask, since you have about 160 more post here than on the Vol Board, are they just that dull over there or does the Gov't Mule just not get you?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Anyone know when the last time a non traditional power received a one seed in the tournament? I think it's mighty impressive what Dawn has been able to accomplish in her short tenure at South Carolina
…especially after the train wreck that was the previous coaching staff. Dawn has some advantages at USC; there is a lot of in-state talent in women's basketball, USC has deep pockets and excellent facilities and our in-state arch rival doesn't have good facilities or a large fan base for either men's or women's basketball.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
I gotta ask, since you have about 160 more post here than on the Vol Board, are they just that dull over there or does the Gov't Mule just not get you?

Rockymtblue2,

I started this account before volnation, so I'm just accustomed to posting here. Before here or volnation, I posted on the espn forums for years until they transitioned to you having to have a Facebook account to post made a lot of friends with uconn fans during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom