Selection Show thread!!! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Selection Show thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay, I don't mean to be catty, but Muffet is starting to look old...like someone else I look at in the mirror every morning.

Reaction Score
Geno & the Conference had better do something soon to improve WBB in the conference. If not, UConn might get the only bid next year. It will start to hurt UConn's recruiting if the conference doesn't improve.

Maybe. Maybe not.....

Finally, when asked for a recruiting update he said that they have a big weekend coming up in May with some of the top players in the Class of 2015 and if they get commitments from them, they will be four of the top five players in the class and he raved about the quality of their personalities even more than their games without naming names of course.

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/03/uconns-auriemmas-thoughts-on-upcoming.html

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Muffet is also talking smack and patting her team so hard on the back some may get injured. I think it's whistling past the graveyard.

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Geno & the Conference had better do something soon to improve WBB in the conference. If not, UConn might get the only bid next year. It will start to hurt UConn's recruiting if the conference doesn't improve.
Well, they did pretty good with the 2014 class.

They are in great shape with several top 15 players in 2015.

Past that, I don't give a hoot.

Uconn more than makes up for it with a tough OOC schedule.

There is no evidence that this will hurt recruiting in any way shape or form.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Biff said:
Did you see the still shot of Army watching the show in their Fatigues? A reminder that these ladies have a completely different row to hoe while playing college ball.
. Agreed. Nothing made me happier than seeing the West Point ladies so jacked up to have an experience like this. Wish all the service academies could qualify.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is there an online chat with members of the selection committee ??? Do they have censors ??

Reaction Score
She is also talking smack and patting her team so hard on the back some may get injured.
She needs to let it go that UConn couldn't fit them into the schedule this year. They had 40 games scheduled. Was UConn supposed to dump someone last minute just to fit ND in to the schedule?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So biggest surprise to me is the Baylor/SC switch - I thought as long as they seeded Stanford as a 2 then Baylor would get the #1 out there. Committee must have been very impressed with the SEC - oh well - Dis Louisville because they didn't 'play anyone' - reward SC because they didn't beat anyone.

Reaction Score
I'm okay with Stanford getting a 2 seed, even though both SC and Stanford lost in the semis in conference tourney, but I'm not okay being sent to Ames, IA to likely play ISU on their home court.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She needs to let it go that UConn couldn't fit them into the schedule this year. They had 40 games scheduled. Was UConn supposed to dump someone last minute just to fit ND in to the schedule?

Well it is Notre Dame, after all. Every team should drop everything to play them.

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
I really really really hope NC State can win round 1... knock off Nebraska in round 2... and only 2,319 fans show up for the Lincoln Regionals :rolleyes:

That's what I hope, too, though I wish the Wolfpack Women were in a bracket with 1 of the SEC's No. 1 seeds. Give me either UNC's or MD's bracket.

But since we're stuck in the Huskies' bracket, and though you'll have little trouble with us, I do hope our Wolfpack Women advance to meet y'all in the Sweet 16. Our two programs have had some great tourney games.

Reaction Score
So biggest surprise to me is the Baylor/SC switch - I thought as long as they seeded Stanford as a 2 then Baylor would get the #1 out there. Committee must have been very impressed with the SEC - oh well - Dis Louisville because they didn't 'play anyone' - reward SC because they didn't beat anyone.

I agree.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
cardfan said:
I'm okay with Stanford getting a 2 seed, even though both SC and Stanford lost in the semis in conference tourney, but I'm not okay being sent to Ames, IA to likely play ISU on their home court.
. I noticed that. It will be a tough and well-attended matchup, but Stanford will ultimately handle the Clones.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Okay, I don't mean to be catty, but Muffet is starting to look old...like someone else I look at in the mirror every morning.
I've met you. You are charming. Muppet is ... well ... a Muppet.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not only am I upset about the bracket.... but Duke is playing the first game at 11am on Saturday.... I have a date scheduled...... moved it up to 10:30 to avoid any march madness conflicts.... and now they make Duke play so early... :oops:

I wonder if my date would be interested in watching a Duke-Winthrop matchup on TV :rolleyes:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Muffet says they have the best bench in the country.

Specifically mentions Wright and Cable.

Myth, and she just adds to it.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Why not? Stanford is hosting a regional so it should be sent to play (potentially) on another team's home court for the first 2 rounds. That should have happened to ND.

Reaction Score
Well it is Notre Dame, after all. Every team should drop everything to play them.
I just don't get why she feels like she needs to bring it up every. single. time. She also said they've gotten used to beating UConn. Yeah, after losing 28 of the first 32 meetings. Congrats ND on finally getting above the Mendoza line and all those national championships you won.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Ohhh no....

Tennessee lovin' Voepel live now...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ohhhh lawd!!!!

put down that Kool Aid

You don't know your emoticons! As one of our regular Dukies - okay, one of our irregular Dookies- is indicating, when there is a crack in the door the SEC bias creeps in. The death of the BE effectively gave that whole clan new life on the committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom