Selection Show thread!!! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Selection Show thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, I don't think UConn could have asked for a better region. The toughest game would be Nebraska on their home court, if they make it back home. I can see NC State knocking them off before anyone gets to Lincoln. Then it's Texas A&M/Duke for the FF. Really, really good field for UConn. Honestly, I have no complaints about their side of the bracket, none.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A little late to the discussion but - I have to agree some with ETT on Baylor vs ND. Sims is a very physical guard and knows how to use her physical strength to her advantage. Not sure Allen, Lloyd or McBride can handle Sims. In the paint, can Achonwa and/ or Bracker challenge Sims or cover Davis without getting in foul trouble.

Plus we have seen lately that Davis has become a legitimate threat down low and MacKenzie can hit the 3 with some consistency. It could be a much closer game than many thing if both get to the regional final.

And one more point. ND seems to be giving up more points this season than in the past. Not sure their defense is as good as many think.

And finally, could ND's attitude cause them to overlook a Baylor?

Reaction Score
Why not? Stanford is hosting a regional so it should be sent to play (potentially) on another team's home court for the first 2 rounds. That should have happened to ND.

It's a crappy reward to go that far after having a good year with 1 bad loss. Fwiw, I don't think any team should be hosting a Regional either.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can Sims foul out all 3 ND guards and make 20+ FTs? I doubt it, but it would be fun.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Muffet says they have the best bench in the country.

Specifically mentions Wright and Cable.

Myth, and she just adds to it.

Not to mention the "best player in the country" Kayla Mcbride !!!!!

Reaction Score
Muffet is also talking smack and patting her team so hard on the back some may get injured. I think it's whistling past the graveyard.
She also implied the we couldn't fit them in this year as if we were ducking them.

Reaction Score
Not to mention the "best player in the country" Kayla Mcbride !!!!!
Well then I guess the rest of the WCBB watching world is wrong? Like Geno says, if you want to figure out who the best player in the game is, ask every coach that's building a team who their first pick would be.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If UNC doesnt put up 100 points on UT-Martin... i will be shocked. Final score could be something like 107-81

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I find this 'bad loss' when talking about 1-4 seeds interesting - I think any loss over #25 should be considered a bad loss for a 3 or 4 and any loss above #15 is a bad loss for a 1 or a 2 seed. Basically they admitted as much in terms of wins and #1 seeds - Uconn got the overall #1 because of their record against top 15 teams - as soon as you move beyond that universe ND would have a better 'record'.

Reaction Score
I would rather match up with a team that has good guard play than good post play. Sims gets up in the grill of either Lloyd of McBride and takes them out of the game. Notre Dame does not have the inside presence to stop Sims when she gets into the lane and nobody from ND is going to shut down Sims.
You are pretty funny, do you watch basketball or just Baylor?

Reaction Score
I'm okay with Stanford getting a 2 seed, even though both SC and Stanford lost in the semis in conference tourney, but I'm not okay being sent to Ames, IA to likely play ISU on their home court.
Not sure any Gamecock fans will sympathize.

All in all you guys got as easy a path to F4 as you had any right to expect.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Me thinks Muffet is getting a little too big for her britches. (As my grandma used to say.)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Geno & the Conference had better do something soon to improve WBB in the conference. If not, UConn might get the only bid next year. It will start to hurt UConn's recruiting if the conference doesn't improve.
No kidding...

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Some interesting irony could play out.

I say could!!! SEC gets 2 #1 seeds and both of those #1 seeds , imo, will be the first to go down and possibly not make it to FF.

Agree?

Disagree?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure any Gamecock fans will sympathize.

All in all you guys got as easy a path to F4 as you had any right to expect.

I had to look again to see who the #3 seed in that region was again... Penn State ???? :rolleyes:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Well, they did pretty good with the 2014 class.

They are in great shape with several top 15 players in 2015.

Past that, I don't give a hoot.

Uconn more than makes up for it with a tough OOC schedule.

There is no evidence that this will hurt recruiting in any way shape or form.
Of all the stuff you say, Doggy, I hope the most of all that this is true.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Some interesting irony could play out.

I say could!!! SEC gets 2 #1 seeds and both of those #1 seeds , imo, will be the first to go down and possibly not make it to FF.

Agree?

Disagree?

Agree... they both could be taken out by ACC squads in the sweet 16

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I was also setting here thinking about something!

UCONN lost Tuck and KML.

Tuck-1st off the bench, productive 3-4-5 player.

KML-hot shooter 2nd -3rd leading scorer this season (at different times).

With all of that we still beat top teams. (Stanford, Penn State, Maryland).

Now,

if you take away say Mabrey (1st off bench) and ND's second or third leading scorer (Achonwa or Lloyd) could ND yield the same results. Could they beat Stanford, Penn State or Maryland by double digits.

I wonder?

Reaction Score
I just don't get why she feels like she needs to bring it up every. single. time. She also said they've gotten used to beating UConn. Yeah, after losing 28 of the first 32 meetings. Congrats ND on finally getting above the Mendoza line and all those national championships you won.

Yeah! She felt she has to prove herself in public. It's a sign of confidence lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom