SC vs LSU | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SC vs LSU

Reaction Score
This game went about as I expected. Morris did better than expected and thankfully her efforts made it a game for a half. Mulkey scheduling has hurt this team and for a team that was pretty cocky all season this type of loss will be a hard pill to swallow.

Reaction Score
She did, ESPN box score only has 4 starters for some reason
rSPN box had our deepest bench player ( who was a walk-in her first year) starting over Zia.. A glitch I guess. I did miss the first minute so maybe the senior got an honorary start for a few seconds.

Reaction Score
What Are You Gonna Do Mtv GIF by Teen Mom

SC has talent, size, and depth....

and we're not gonna talk about the FT difference.....

Lol the same FT difference that aided LSU in victories against Georgia and Tennessee? Most of LSU's offense comes from the paint and offensive rebounds, that is not a realistic approach against South Carolina.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
That was the best I've seen SC all year offensively. 57% FG, the role players were huge. Johnson, Beal and Fletcher were all tremendous. Boston had a great defensive game and largely shut down Reese. As the game wore on LSU just seemed gassed/out of energy while SC came in waves. Cardoso is an insane weapon to bring off the bench and was great. Cooke had a nice shooting game too (7-15). SC is not going to lose if she is hitting shots. I could go on and on but just a great team effort, you could tell from the tip they were amped up for this game. They're the clear cut #1 team right now, though Indiana also looks great and I think Stanford can definitely beat them (especially with Tara giving Lauren Betts playing time).

For LSU, I will say they recovered quite well from a 18-2 deficit to start the game. Morris was sensational, but she was a 1 woman show most of the game. Reese was outsized and outskilled by SC's bigs, Flaujae just completely disappeared, no one else stepped up (though Williams had some nice plays and I will say Sa'Myah Smith was excellent). I think they're probably in the 10-15 range. I think anyone in the 3-15 range could win on a given night, and LSU is in that mix.

Reaction Score
This game went about as I expected. Morris did better than expected and thankfully her efforts made it a game for a half. Mulkey scheduling has hurt this team and for a team that was pretty cocky all season this type of loss will be a hard pill to swallow.
Honestly the only cocky players I see from LSU is Morris and Reese. Both are hot heads. Morris actually backed up her play, Reese on the other hand...

She deserves some humble pie. Got embarrassed on national television and got out played by her freshmen teammate Smith

Like I said earlier, I just don't see LSU getting to a sweet 16 under Kim. Her coaching is not good and she won't land the elite caliber players she had at Baylor. A. Rosario is Hannah Gusters 2.0. A big who isn't coordinated or skilled whatsoever. I don't see Williams in Baton Rouge any more than 2 years. She won't be ready for the WNBA long term.

Reaction Score
rSPN box had our deepest bench player ( who was a walk-in her first year) starting over axis. A glitch I guess. I did miss the first minute so maybe the senior got an honorary start for a few seconds.
Weird! On my app, it only has 4 starters with them having Cooke come off the bench

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I guess Reese only trash talks against unranked teams

She did the 'too small' signal against Saxton after scoring on her, then helped her up the next possession lol. I liked how in an interview she said she loves talking trash on the court and will be friends with the girls off of it.

Reaction Score
She did the 'too small' signal against Saxton after scoring on her, then helped her up the next possession lol. I liked how in an interview she said she loves talking trash on the court and will be friends with the girls off of it.
Then Boston was put on her and had Reese in hell trying to score from the post. I liked Reese’s leadership, she seems to be a good teammate

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Then Boston was put on her and had Reese in hell trying to score from the post. I liked Reese’s leadership, she seems to be a good teammate
At Maryland her freshman year she was injured for most of it and was easily the #1 hype woman/cheerleader on the bench. Very supportive of her teammates.

Reaction Score
Honestly the only cocky players I see from LSU is Morris and Reese. Both are hot heads. Morris actually backed up her play, Reese on the other hand...

She deserves some humble pie. Got embarrassed on national television and got out played by her freshmen teammate Smith

Like I said earlier, I just don't see LSU getting to a sweet 16 under Kim. Her coaching is not good and she won't land the elite caliber players she had at Baylor. A. Rosario is Hannah Gusters 2.0. A big who isn't coordinated or skilled whatsoever. I don't see Williams in Baton Rouge any more than 2 years. She won't be ready for the WNBA long term.
Those two are the heart of the team though. The team feeds off their energy. I disagree with everything else as it relates to what Mulkey can do at LSU. She'll have them competing at the top sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
After LSU settled down, and with key players picking up early fouls, I'm not sure why they didn't play some zone.

Reaction Score
Those two are the heart of the team though. The team feeds off their energy. I disagree with everything else as it relates to what Mulkey can do at LSU. She'll have them competing at the top sooner rather than later.
I guess you are correct. Have to start somewhere. Dawn didn't build her program to where it was today over night and now she has a dynasty.

I just think playing with this many transfers and pieces who don't mesh will hasn't helped their cause in addition to the weak schedule.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

Reaction Score
Agreed the pressure is all on LSU. SC already has multiple top 10 wins and basically secured a #1 seed for the tournament. The only thing on the line for SC is taking the lead for the regular season SEC title and the pride of staying undefeated.

LSU needs this win to quiet down the naysayers and give them a resume building win. A bad loss could mean dropping from a 2 seed to a 4/5 seed. I know Mulkey is downplaying it a bit, but this game means a lot for their postseason aspirations.
It basically was the SEC title game. There was pressure, but SC deals with pressure just fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom