SC vs LSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SC vs LSU

Reaction Score
We regularly only play Tennessee once a season today, without Texas' and Oklahoma's help. If we do have a "traditional" rival for 2 games, it will be Georgia......
Conference officials have said the "two-game" opponents will rotate each season. In other words, if you play Georgia twice one year, you'll go through all the other teams (14 years) before you play them twice again. Personally, I like that a lot, but I'm aware not everyone will.

Reaction Score
I think there’s more pressure on LSU to prove itself. You have young players being told all year that they are great and now all of a sudden they are underdogs. That pressure may change during the game but coming in I think LSU feels pressure more. The SC players have been under the gun so many times over the past 4 years. Remember that SC top 7 players are 6 seniors and a junior who have been in so many high pressure games before.
Agreed the pressure is all on LSU. SC already has multiple top 10 wins and basically secured a #1 seed for the tournament. The only thing on the line for SC is taking the lead for the regular season SEC title and the pride of staying undefeated.

LSU needs this win to quiet down the naysayers and give them a resume building win. A bad loss could mean dropping from a 2 seed to a 4/5 seed. I know Mulkey is downplaying it a bit, but this game means a lot for their postseason aspirations.

Reaction Score
Idk why people keep hyping this game. Its not even going to be remotely close. Reese will get her points but beyond that, SCs bench only probably beats this LSU team by 15 to 20 ish.

Hopefully the NCAAT doesn't reward this LSU team. They don't deserve any of it.

Reaction Score
Idk why people keep hyping this game. Its not even going to be remotely close. Reese will get her points but beyond that, SCs bench only probably beats this LSU team by 15 to 20 ish.

Give it a rest.

LSU is a very good team we just don’t know how good because of their scheduling. Undefeated against even a weak schedule still means very good.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

settle down mean girls GIF

Reaction Score
Super Bowl Sunday matchup of unbeaten teams, I’m guessing the TV audience will be close to 2 million. Big stage. Big stages require big time players. SC has more of them. Unlike many others, I am expecting a relatively close game, at least until the last 6-7 minutes of the game. At that point, I believe LSU will be dealing with foul trouble and SC will be at the FT line a bunch. The last 4-5 minutes of this game will take a long time to complete, but that is when SC will pull away.

As for big time players, big game Boston will show the nation once more why she is still the queen of WBB. I expect a monster game from her. Cardoso is on a streak and will also be big in this game. Cooke has been in a slump, you never know what to expect from her, but watch out for Hall, she has played really well in the big games also. Raven was rested the last game for this matchup, she will show out as well. SC is a better team when Raven is at PG.

Reaction Score
I'm ready for some great games today! This is my Super Bowl. Go Gamecocks! Plus we get a Rhianna concert after the game!

Reaction Score
Super Bowl Sunday matchup of unbeaten teams, I’m guessing the TV audience will be close to 2 million. Big stage. Big stages require big time players. SC has more of them. Unlike many others, I am expecting a relatively close game, at least until the last 6-7 minutes of the game. At that point, I believe LSU will be dealing with foul trouble and SC will be at the FT line a bunch. The last 4-5 minutes of this game will take a long time to complete, but that is when SC will pull away.

As for big time players, big game Boston will show the nation once more why she is still the queen of WBB. I expect a monster game from her. Cardoso is on a streak and will also be big in this game. Cooke has been in a slump, you never know what to expect from her, but watch out for Hall, she has played really well in the big games also. Raven was rested the last game for this matchup, she will show out as well. SC is a better team when Raven is at PG.
Won’t be a million. No way it surpasses SCar at UConn’s 1.087 million rating last week. Or, UConn at Tenn (.642 million)UConn is THE nationally established name. LSU is the flavor of the month that has not established a national fan base. Not saying UConn is better than LSU at this time. I’m saying they draw the biggest eyeballs. SCar’s biggest eyeball total not including UConn was about .747 mill at Stanford.

I’m guessing a half million though Super Sunday couch potatoes might move it up.

Reaction Score
Won’t be a million. No way it surpasses SCar at UConn’s 1.087 million rating last week. Or, UConn at Tenn (.642 million)UConn is THE nationally established name. LSU is the flavor of the month that has not established a national fan base. Not saying UConn is better than LSU at this time. I’m saying they draw the biggest eyeballs. SCar’s biggest eyeball total not including UConn was about .747 mill at Stanford.

I’m guessing a half million though Super Sunday couch potatoes might move it up.
Well said, visitingcock, as well as your earlier admonitions to those dissing LSU with vitriol beyond, well, beyond reason.

I'll note about TV viewership that fans from across the country might well tune out for the second half if LSU doesn't keep it close. One of Fox's stations is airing the Iowa/Rutgers game at 3 p.m., so Iowa fans will probably make the switch at your halftime.

Good luck in the game. I look forward to watching, as I always do with the Gamecocks (and the charismatic Reese, too), and will be especially interested in how Kim and Dawn match up. Your compatriots understandably expect a show from Mulkey, but Dawn is no shrinking violet. Really, few of the great coaches are... have fun!

Reaction Score
A great matchup between the two remaining undefeated teams is on next week. This game will help us or muddy the waters concerning #1 seed for the tournament. LSU hasn't been challenged, but when you play 13 Quad E teams, that would only make sense. Still the pollsters have them at #3, so to help us, SC has to defeat them, but not only defeat them, but blow them out. If SC can do that, by at least 15 points, that would put LSU out of the picture for a #1. We should still win all our remaining games, but a little help from our friends at SC could make life easier for the Huskies. At any rate, it should be a good game, and will attract a huge TV audience. So, root for SC, and BTW, Iowa can do us a solid by beating Indiana next week also. Must see TV for WCBB fans. Go Huskies.
NiNE active players on the Gamecocks bench. Unbelievable. Tough for me to look at......

Reaction Score
I told y'all Kim and LSU are over rated. Washed up coach LOL

Also Sa'Myah Smith>>> Reese

Reaction Score
I'm glad this is over. Lol SC hats off to y'all. This definitely was a humbling pie for us.

Reaction Score
People were stupid enough to think this game would be actually competitive. Despite the weak OOC schedule, anyone who has watched LSU has seen they have been regressing for the last 2.5 weeks. The team collective has zero chemistry or toughness

Reaction Score
LSU had no answer for SC towers, and little to no defense. Reese was 5/15, and 6 FTs made.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I'm glad this is over. Lol SC hats off to y'all. This definitely was a humbling pie for us.
It is what it is..... it's not gonna break our season; just like a win wouldn't have made our season.

Reaction Score
What time is the LSU vs SC game? :rolleyes::D
Geezus! I will watch it later on tonight. It appears that SC was about “that business”.

Reaction Score
It is what it is..... it's not gonna break our season; just like a win wouldn't have made our season.
I see them dropping a couple more between Ole Miss and Miss St. They could potentially get upset by Vandy on the road.

Reaction Score
Miss St gave SC a better game. I see them beating LSU, coaching is much better if you bother to watch any of the games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom