S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 19 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I jut don't see the rank and file big money boosters sending alot of money over to WBB NIL. I think Van Lith, Flau Jae', and Reese already had established brands that contributed to their current 6 figure deals. I just don't see NIL being a factor at LSU for WBB. LSU $$ for NIL is going to Football. in my opinion
True but I thought I read Morrow was citing an NIL deal in her announcement. I couldn’t bring myself to watch it :/

She does not have near the following that those other girls do.

Reaction Score
I would imagine everyone is pushing hard for Joyce. I really hope we land her. I am from her hometown and she is very tight lipped about her recruitment from what I can tell. At one time I heard rumors that she was tired of everyone assuming she was going to SC but hopefully the draw of playing so close to home for a powerhouse will overcome that. Her high school coach is also a SC WBB alum.

I worry about the NIL impact bc it seems like LSU has very deep pockets :/

It would be nice to land she and Cambridge as they play together for the same AAU team.

From what I heard it’s all SC. The folks I know from the Rembert and Dalzell area confirm as much as well. Her soccer coach is a USC alum also, on top of the fact that she’s played AAU with Raven, Ashlyn and Milaysia and will play u19 with Chloe bodes well for us.

The main challengers for her services are Duke, Stanford, and LSU of course. She’s been accepted to both academic schools so that’s why they’re going so hard after her. I spotted Karen Lange (Duke Associate Head Coach) at her State Championship game back in March. Kate Paye (Stanford Associate Head Coach) was said to be at her playoff soccer game two weeks ago before the dead period. I thought it was odd she showed up for a different sport but that confirms that Tara wants her REALLY BAD!!!

I hear Kim is trying to get her and Jaloni to be a package deal to LSU and promising 100k per year a piece to both of them… I thought that was interesting and that’s probably the same deal Del Rosario and Velez took, probably not as much but I’d imagine it’s still pretty hefty. I highly doubt Edwards ends up there though. Doesn’t fit as an LSU girl IMO.

Dawn is trying to go for the trifecta of Cambridge, Edwards, and Koval. #1,2,& 3 in the 24’ class. SC has the room to do so and Gandy was watching Exodus (Koval’s team) all last weekend. With Thomas likely going to UNC or Tennessee I think it’s all in on Kate for the SC staff. Tac might be plan B. Edwards being from SC is a bonus, and Desmond Cambridge (Jaloni’s father) has been high on SC for as long as I can remember. He was coaching with FBC when SC was recruiting Bianca Jackson. All I can say is keep your eye’s peeled this summer. It’s going to be very interesting indeed!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1685041588924.jpg

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I would imagine everyone is pushing hard for Joyce. I really hope we land her. I am from her hometown and she is very tight lipped about her recruitment from what I can tell. At one time I heard rumors that she was tired of everyone assuming she was going to SC but hopefully the draw of playing so close to home for a powerhouse will overcome that. Her high school coach is also a SC WBB alum.

I worry about the NIL impact bc it seems like LSU has very deep pockets :/

It would be nice to land she and Cambridge as they play together for the same AAU team.
I am also from Camden. I plan on going there this weekend to visit family. Graduated from Camden High but haven't lived there in 18 years...lol....I will get a heads up when I go.

Reaction Score
Fyi---
Brandon Clay now works for 247 Sports. For those not aware, 247 Sports operate a very popular fan board site for basketball and football and non revenue sports -representing all college team fan bases with an individualized platform for said team. He is contributing content for WBB recruiting.

Reaction Score
Fyi---
Brandon Clay now works for 247 Sports. For those not aware, 247 Sports operate a very popular fan board site for basketball and football and non revenue sports -representing all college team fan bases with an individualized platform for said team. He is contributing content for WBB recruiting.
Is there a fan forum for wbb in general??
Or wbb recruiting?
Link{s}?

Reaction Score
Random question because of what I've seen in Twitter. Are most SC fans ticked off with Atlanta because Laeticia hasn't gotten playing time as of yet?

The tone seems to be that fans feel hoodwinked into getting season tickets only to see her not on the court. To me, it's still early in the season and it's not unusual considering they did the same with Naz Hillmon last season. Trying to determine if it's a small subset of the fanbase venting their displeasure.

Reaction Score
Fyi---

Curious if it will be part of their membership only services or free. Got snookered into purchasing and never got much value out of it.

Reaction Score
Curious if it will be part of their membership only services or free. Got snookered into purchasing and never got much value out of it.
For 247 Members-the content is free as long as you are a paid member subscribed. He will answer individual DM's in the apps email feature.

Reaction Score
Random question because of what I've seen in Twitter. Are most SC fans ticked off with Atlanta because Laeticia hasn't gotten playing time as of yet?

The tone seems to be that fans feel hoodwinked into getting season tickets only to see her not on the court. To me, it's still early in the season and it's not unusual considering they did the same with Naz Hillmon last season. Trying to determine if it's a small subset of the fanbase venting their displeasure.
The Atlanta coaching is coaching for her job. So she is relying on vets..

Reaction Score
Is there a fan forum for wbb in general??
Or wbb recruiting?
Link{s}?
No..its a part of the 247 paid subscription. He is a national staff member covering WBB recruiting. He posts content on the paid 247sports.com board and also comments in fan boards of individual teams. This board is generally labeled the football boards for team fans.

Reaction Score

My grasp from what I have seen is that most fans have been more disappointed, not necessarily angry. Especially given how much promise she has shown in the preseason, one would think she is worthy of a couple minutes of play with this already struggling Atlanta team.

The anger I have seen recently is a small subset of people who were angry at the Coach Wright for calling out SC fans specifically in the last post game conference and Cheyenne Parker chimed in on a question about Amihere that also rubbed some people wrong.

I'm personally not that worried this early in the season, as long as they give her fair chance as the season progress I'm fine. There's plenty of players who wish they could be her spot right now.

Reaction Score
My grasp from what I have seen is that most fans have been more disappointed, not necessarily angry. Especially given how much promise she has shown in the preseason, one would think she is worthy of a couple minutes of play with this already struggling Atlanta team.

The anger I have seen recently is a small subset of people who were angry at the Coach Wright for calling out SC fans specifically in the last post game conference and Cheyenne Parker chimed in on a question about Amihere that also rubbed some people wrong.

I'm personally not that worried this early in the season, as long as they give her fair chance as the season progress I'm fine. There's plenty of players who wish they could be her spot right now.

I get that but it seems really early in the season for fans to be questioning Atlanta's logic. The team started off slow last season too if I recall correctly. Granted they figured things out too late to make the play-offs but the potential is there if you ask me.

Thought I had stumbled into an echo chamber on Twitter when I saw some posts but wasn't sure. Thanks for helping me confirm my initial thoughts.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

The SC twitter fans are a thin skinned insufferable bunch. Its like they search out any perceived insult and flock like a gang of chickens to some feed on the ground

For example, a few months ago little ol Wake Forest was ahead of them in the baseball poll. Here comes a bunch of chickens complaining and talking junk about the Deacs being a undeserved group. Soon after the Chickens proceed to lose about four series in a row.

End of rant.

Reaction Score
Well let’s get back on topic lol.

Here’s the final portal rankings from Brandon Clay at 247. I personally think SC should be higher and Oklahoma St should be considered but ranking are always subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom