OT: - Realignment? | Page 46 | The Boneyard

OT: Realignment?

Reaction Score
Power Conference (P5) is a term used for football and is meaningless in basketball but everyone calls/considers Big East a Power Conference (P6) for basketball.

Reaction Score
It isn’t a power conference. It is one of the top five college basketball conferences. Those things aren’t mutually exclusive.
Agreed, they are not mutually exclusive, which is why the Big East is both. ;)

Reaction Score
P5 is a football term. If we’re talking about basketball conferences, the BE is on par with the P5. We can argue about the pecking order, which changes from year to year.

Reaction Score
The Big East was good this past year, but did you really use RPI as the metric? Yikes.

No, it's not a yikes, it's a value judgment. Do you determine who is "good" by wins and losses, or wins, losses and margins of victory. There is not a metaphysically correct answer to that -- it's an opinion. My opinion remains that if you are betting, of course margins are important, but if you are trying to determine who is having the better season, only wins and losses are. If you take the other side, you're saying MLB and the NFL do it all wrong by only ranking teams on wins and losses and not computer metrics in deciding who gets in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
the syracusefan board has 75 pages devoted to the LA news. :cool:

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Reaction Score
I feel like this will result in a better situation for UCONN. If the two pigs want to separate themselves financially, it might allow more programs to feed at the growing kiddie table, the G8. The most popular cars aren't the benzes and the bimmers, but the chevies and the toyotas. And I'm talking corolla.

Reaction Score

So according to him UCF is a potential target for the SEC along with maybe Ga Tech & Louisville so that the SEC can lock down those states??!!

I'm sure Sankey has many restless nights wondering how to lock down the valuable Kentucky market

I generally like DP but W*F?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So according to him UCF is a potential target for the SEC along with maybe Ga Tech & Louisville so that the SEC can lock down those states??!!

I'm sure Sankey has many restless nights wondering how to lock down the valuable Kentucky market

I generally like DP but W*F?

Obviously locking down Kentucky is a non-starter.
SEC trying to keep B1G out of GA by taking GT has some merit. Also further diminishes an ACC market.
GT is one of most overlooked prime assets in realignment. They should be near top of any conversation of conferences strategically growing.
UCF to SEC is equally funny. They add nothing as they overlap UF's dominance in central Florida.

Reactions: DGB
Reaction Score
UCLA was not required to give notice. This is all for show. Nothing will come of it.

Reaction Score
“People know that the ACC is somewhat hamstrung, and in perhaps a weakened position because of the media contract that we’re being held to until 2036,” University of North Carolina Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz said Monday

Perhaps the ACC should have negotiated an escalation clause that would have kept it in a defined range of the B1G and the SEC. Now the ACC has contract remorse and feels it’s being “held to” the contract they negotiated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom