Qadence Samuels commits! | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Qadence Samuels commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She plays quite big for a 6' 1" player. I could see her getting some PT down low. Maybe knock down some corner 3's and still rebound well. Defend.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
From all the descriptions of her game, she sounds to me more or less like Aubrey 2.0, maybe (?) with a better jump shot. And that will be timely, since Aubrey will be a senior when Qadence shows up on campus.

And by the way, where was Aubrey ranked coming out of high school? As I recall, it was fairly similar to her successor (one hopes).

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
She is a four star recruit listed at #35. I’m surprised UConn would recruit a player at that ranking unless they see something no one else does.
Nika Muhl was ranked at #31 in 2020. She's certainly worth having on the team. Also we have sometop 10 players throuhg the years who haven't always lived up to high expectations so why not take a chance on a lower ranked player if they see a chemistry fit.

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed. I hope that Geno can convince Juste Jocyte from Lithuania to get an American education. She played with pros at age 13. Think a taller, thinner Katie Douglas. She could be class of 2024 or 2025.

Justė Jocytė 30pts 10rebs 8asts 47eff vs Hungary

Rumor has it that Geno has opened up his foreign player recruiting in recent years to attract Juste. Well at least that’s the rumor I’m starting.

Reaction Score
From all the descriptions of her game, she sounds to me more or less like Aubrey 2.0, maybe (?) with a better jump shot. And that will be timely, since Aubrey will be a senior when Qadence shows up on campus.

And by the way, where was Aubrey ranked coming out of high school? As I recall, it was fairly similar to her successor (one hopes).
I saw Aubrey play in the NY State high school championships in her senior year where she left everyone in the dust with her blinding speed and athleticism, scoring more than 30 on several occasions against quality squads like Christ the King. Alas, the style of play at UConn didn't suit her.

Reaction Score
Geno has always liked players who are feisty. Jamelle, Capriati, Diana, Tina, Kia, and Nika are players who she reminds me of attitude wise. She's 6'2, quick, and mean. She's going to cause havoc. Her best comparison would be to a Brea Beal kind of player who's taller and can shoot/finish better.

I like this move. Futures line ups of KK, Ashlynn, Qad, Ayanna and Ice.

Reaction Score
I know right? Delaney looks so happy on campus!

Great photo! But I must have missed some news along the way. What’s with the boot on Paige’s right leg and why is she not putting any weight on it? Please catch me up.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

I saw Aubrey play in the NY State high school championships in her senior year where she left everyone in the dust with her blinding speed and athleticism, scoring more than 30 on several occasions against quality squads like Christ the King. Alas, the style of play at UConn didn't suit her.
Aubrey was ranked 21st as a senior at Ossining HS. I too watched her last 4 HS games which included the Semifinals & Finals of both the NYS championship as well as the Federation Cup. Aubrey did everything, scoring 30+ in all four games, including knocking down multiple 3’s.

Obviously, in her 2 years playing at UConn, Aubrey has not demonstrated an ability to hit 3’s for several reasons. Limited PT, facing better defenders and the fact the the 3 pt line is more distant in college are all factors.

Hoping that Aubrey gets healthy and finds her shot, as well as hoping that Quadence is the “steal” of the 2023 recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Geno said that what really caught his eye was how fast she got up and ran down the court after falling. The things I liked about Qadence were comments like very competitive or can be a lock-down type of defender.
I like the " lock-down type of defender". Will she be willing to take a charge and
elicit an offensive foul, (Aubrey Griffin and others )?

Reaction Score
I wonder if this will be one of those big classes. They've now selected a 1, 2, and 3 position player... now I wonder when we get the big girls at the 4 and 5 position....

Reaction Score
Geno has always liked players who are feisty. Jamelle, Capriati, Diana, Tina, Kia, and Nika are players who she reminds me of attitude wise. She's 6'2, quick, and mean. She's going to cause havoc. Her best comparison would be to a Brea Beal kind of player who's taller and can shoot/finish better.

I like this move. Futures line ups of KK, Ashlynn, Qad, Ayanna and Ice.
Capriati should that be Rizzotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32