Qadence Samuels commits! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Qadence Samuels commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
people are going to have to get used to spelling her name correctly. I was about to suggest just calling her “Q” but realized that wouldn’t be good
Right. Not only does that nickname leave a bad taste in UConn fans’ mouths, the site owner doesn’t want us using initials

Reaction Score
Stephanie Dolson was ranked as the 39th-best recruit nationally and rated as the second-best center in the country by ESPN Hoopgurlz back in 2009, or 2010. I watched her play for the Tennessee Flight(AAU) team at Nike Nationals in July 2009. I said to my self what does Geno see in her, other than a very good post up center.
Geno said that what really caught his eye was how fast she got up and ran down the court after falling. The things I liked about Qadence were comments like very competitive or can be a lock-down type of defender.

Reaction Score
She’s ranked 35, but also as a prospect whose ranking maybe too low. She’s a quick wing with good midrange scoring ability, and good defensive skills.
She will be top 10 in the next rankings LOL

Reaction Score
Same AAU team, I think. Not same HS. Delaney plays at SJ, Quadence plays at BM.
Seems like same AAU. Delaney must’ve switched AAU teams and they could play together now. Quadence plays for Takeover. Delaney used to be on GTS Fusion with the Fudds (she was in the SLAM series about them on YouTube).

Reaction Score
Wouldn’t surprise me if you guys got Thomas. I know Maryland (and possibly ND) are also looking into her. Don’t know who else though.
Delaney and Azzi are very close from AAU (GTS Fusion) & HS (St. Johns). I haven’t seen much about UConn’s interest in her but I’m optimistic. Seems like Azzi is too (according to this TikTok comment from the day Azzi announced her commitment back in 2020).
B197FABE-45FC-4763-AA94-E8AC343693BA.jpeg

Reaction Score
Remember this article from February?

W Qadence Samuels
6-foot-1
Bishop McNamara (Md.)

Samuels effortlessly runs the floor. She glides baseline to baseline and is a threat to either sprint for an easy layup at the rim or spot up for the transition triple. Her confidence and effectiveness from deep have really improved over the last year. Her improved shot preparation has helped her in all aspects of her shooting, and she attacks the elbows for pull-up jumpers very well.

Defensively, her frame and length allow her to be a real weapon for her team. Her high school and club (Team Takeover) programs emphasize defense, and she has begun to buy in. As that becomes more of a staple, she can be a lock-down type of defender, and her rebounding will improve as she adds more strength.

Samuels, who averages 13.5 points and 6.9 rebounds, has a competitive edge in between the lines that separates her. As she learns to translate that into day-to-day work, consistency and production, watch her stock continue to rise. She has offers from North Carolina, Tennessee, Wake Forest, Florida State, Alabama, Kansas State, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech Miami, Mississippi State and Pitt.
...and she grew another inch since then. What's not to love?

Reaction Score
Seems like same AAU. Delaney must’ve switched AAU teams and they could play together now. Quadence plays for Takeover. Delaney used to be on GTS Fusion with the Fudds (she was in the SLAM series about them on YouTube).

She does play for Team Takeover now I do believe with another good player Jadyn Donovan.

Reaction Score
I agree, those three schools recruiting her plus Uconn suggests that #35 might be to low.
Went to a tournament in Charlotte and saw this kid play against a team I was supporting. I didn’t know who she was before that game…I definitely knew who she was after. She was OUTSTANDING! I saw UCONN coaches on the sideline and I didn’t have one question about who they were there to see…it was clear. She was the best player on the floor that game by a mile and there were quite a few talented players out there. She will be phenomenal in the UCONN system over time. Congrats on this one…great get…in my opinion!

Reaction Score
She sounds like a Jadyn Donovan clone to me. Which is great! Every coach benefits from having different options available. She may be a key to winning a particular game and save a season. I'm all for it.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She is a four star recruit listed at #35. I’m surprised UConn would recruit a player at that ranking unless they see something no one else does.

Pretty much every UCONN title team has had impact players who weren't top 10 or even top 20 recruits.

More importantly, a lot of the best collegiate players weren't highly ranked coming out of HS. Look at the players who made an AP-All American team this last year and their HS ranking:

1st Team:
Aliyah Boston (3)
Caitlin Clark (4)
Nalyssa Smith (13)
Naz Hillmon (58)
Haley Jones (1)

2nd Team:
Ayoka Lee (not ranked top 100)
Ashley Joens (26)
Aneesah Morrow (not ranked top 100)
Khayla Pointer (70)
Elissa Cunane (55)

3rd Team:
Elizabeth Kitley (33)
Maddy Siegrist (not ranked)
Veronia Burton (not ranked)
Cameron Brink (3)
Angel Reese (2)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth Qadence at 35 is ranked higher than another UConn recruit by the name of Stephanie Dolson, who was ranked 39th out of HS. Now how did Steph turn out? :rolleyes:

I believe her resume includes All-American, WNBA Champion, and Olympic Gold Medalist. :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If one daughter is named Qadence and another daughter is named Qandance the parents set them up subliminally to develop good footwork.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members