Public Service Announcement | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Public Service Announcement

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We have destroyed many fan bases over the years

Cuse, they were king of the East, now it's 5-1 and they're hoping someone somehow turns them into competitors again.

UK, we've won three titles to their one since they hired Squid. Nova won 2, they're an 8 month holdover for some players, nothing more. And they can't beat us in March

Dook, oh what could have been. They're still crying about 2004 when their team stopped breathing

PC, OK, bottom feeding here, but they're still wannabes. Cute little brat brothers I suppose

Georgetown & St John's... remember the 80's

And we've only just begun. While they cite the WWII Era and a shorter tournament, WE OWN THE NEW MILLENNIUM

UCONN

Arrogant and spoiled and better than you

Reaction Score
Yeah gonna disagree on that. That's more a Rutgers thing. The Connecticut fan default is quiet confidence. That's where the "arrogant" tag comes from. People can throw any shade they want at our program and we can smile and shrug knowing that we are not only five time national champions, but five times national champions in the last 25 years. That is staggering and it breeds confidence that, apparently, is threatening to fans of lesser programs.
And there is the reason UConn is not invited to the P 5 .They are worried we could be as successful in football.while I'm at it Rutgers is in the Big thanks to Ray Rice

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And there is the reason UConn is not invited to the P 5 .They are worried we could be as successful in football.while I'm at it Rutgers is in the Big thanks to Ray Rice
Giving up a 65 yard TD run to Georgia State on the first series of the game suggests otherwise.

Reaction Score
And then the other argument from them is "......muh!!!! consistency, we won the conference title x number of years in a row, and we made NCAA tourney x number of years in a row........." Im not going to lie, they are both impressive feats. But in the end doesn't that just indicate that you have gagged a million times when the lights are the brightest?
And played basketball in a football conference.

Reaction Score
We are getting closer to the season, thank JC, and I just want to remind everyone here of something since we are only 2 months and change away from the matchup.

University of Connecticut has 5 National Championships
University of Kansas has 4.

No matter what happens on 12/1, that will be the fact before and after the game.

Also can we take a minute to recognize how dumb people from Kansas are? The School is actually named "University of Kansas" yet they go by the moniker "KU" Why? Isnt that backwards? Is it because they are not even big enough boys to take "UK" from University of Kentucky?

Pretty beta school if truth be told.
Actually the guy that put UK on the basketball map Rupp and the guy that created the North Carolina dynasty Dean Smith both played basketball at University of Kansas so why their KU is a good question
While the answer seems to be all the old Big 8 teams did that as a tradition
OU, CU , KU NU
MU , ISU , KSU OSU

It’s was a tight little conference

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Actually the guy that put UK on the basketball map Rupp and the guy that created the North Carolina dynasty Dean Smith both played basketball at University of Kansas so why their KU is a good question
While the answer seems to be all the old Big 8 teams did that as a tradition
OU, CU , KU NU
MU , ISU , KSU OSU

It’s was a tight little conference
Yep. Pretty hard to argue against the history when Naismith coached there and Phog Allen is indirectly responsible for both UNC and Kentucky‘s success. Attempts to denigrate the program seem petty and uninformed. Would make more sense to appreciate a shared love of the game.

Reaction Score
Play that tournament 100 times and somebody else wins 98 of them. That’s not true of 2004. In 1999 Duke or UConn would probably win 96 of them in equal measures. Luck includes being matched up against teams that are better or worse for you and getting refs that call games in ways that fit your playstyle. That Louisville team for example. It happens every year that some teams run into a bad matchup. I consider that bad luck. UConn has very bad luck two years ago facing NM State.

The Kansas team in 08 was 37-3. They weren’t lucky. They were good. Game was close all game long. Rose missed one of two FTs but that wasn’t any more lucky than Chalmers hitting the 3 to tie it. That Memphis team would have had it vacated anyway. Rose wasn’t eligible. Memphis was better from the line in that game than Kentucky was against UConn in 2014.

No doubt it would’ve been vacated as their coach was also a cheater. I am quite sure NIL was already brewing in Allen Field House though in 2008 so be careful throwing those stones HH lol.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yeah gonna disagree on that. That's more a Rutgers thing. The Connecticut fan default is quiet confidence. That's where the "arrogant" tag comes from. People can throw any shade they want at our program and we can smile and shrug knowing that we are not only five time national champions, but five times national champions in the last 25 years. That is staggering and it breeds confidence that, apparently, is threatening to fans of lesser programs.

There are entire threads dedicated to people whining about being disrespected in an online article read by 75 people. I love this place but “quiet confidence” is like the opposite of the vibe here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Also can we take a minute to recognize how dumb people from Kansas are? The School is actually named "University of Kansas" yet they go by the moniker "KU" Why? Isnt that backwards? Is it because they are not even big enough boys to take "UK" from University of Kentucky?

You are on to something with the beta school comment.

The order (KU) may be a midwest/planes state thing. The University of Oklahoma has OU on their football helmets.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
That one is meh. Just like as ours. Because front facing logos don't work well on helmets. Ignore the black, which I don't like. Imagine a side Husky angle, with a bit of a growl. It could be awesome.

View attachment 91324
That looks like half of Heckle and Jekyll.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
He was treated like crap for a while here. He may have asked his account be deleted. Great guy. Never should have been mistreated.

@Beakumhawk
This is the Boneyard.

This entire thread is pointlessly stupid.
Again, this is the Boneyard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If he chooses to return he won't be treated like crap again. He was a valued guest here long before those who drove him away.
You make it sound like people, I don't know, drove to his house and killed his pet rabbit. You also make it sound as if he was Mother Theresa. It was very much in the nature of his interaction here to have give-and-take. He was also talking crap about us on the KU board, if I recall correctly. I think it's a little revisionist to make him a martyr.

Reaction Score
Didn't say we didn't beat good teams or had an easy path. We beat teams that were mostly better than us.

Yes, certainly some of that. But we weren't the best team. The best team doesn't always win, in any sport. Lots of World Series winners and Super Bowl winners that weren't the best team. There is always an element of luck in sports. Doesn't take anything away from it to acknowledge that team needed it. UConn knew how to grind out defensive games. Maybe Villanova fans don't think there was any luck involved in their team shooting 78% from the floor against the most dominant defensive team in the country.
Wasn’t Glen Miller the architect of those defenses - thought I heard that at some point, but he’s essentially become Capt. Stillman of Stripes to fans.

Reaction Score

Color me not shocked. Also, the author of the rape allegation KC Star article is the former UConn beat reporter at the Courant, Shreyas Laddha. Totally forgot about him as I’ve tried to wipe the end of Ollie’s tenure from my memory.

Reaction Score
And then the other argument from them is "......muh!!!! consistency, we won the conference title x number of years in a row, and we made NCAA tourney x number of years in a row........." Im not going to lie, they are both impressive feats. But in the end doesn't that just indicate that you have gagged a million times when the lights are the brightest?
Or your league is the pits.......

Reaction Score
Lucky and miracle I take to mean they had huge breaks go their way like the star player on the other team going down 10 seconds into the game, the other team completely choking it away late at the line like Memphis did against Kansas, or a wild shot going in at the buzzer. UConn had one close game in the first round where nothing fluky happened and then they controlled all the other games beating 4 Hall of Fame coaches.

Florida went undefeated in the SEC and was 35-2 after their loss at the beginning of the season to Wisconsin, those two losses to UConn. That UConn team was really good they just couldn't matchup with that Lousiville Pitino team. There was nothing lucky about the run. Kansas winning it all in '08 was certainly lucky.
My brother-in-law (coach) still goes ballistic about how badly Calipari coached at the end of the game and gave the win to Kansas. I didn't mind at all.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Color me not shocked. Also, the author of the allegation KC Star article is the former UConn beat reporter at the Courant, Shreyas Laddha. Totally forgot about him as I’ve tried to wipe the end of Ollie’s tenure from my memory.
He’s a good reporter. I’ve continued following him as he switched. Morris seems like a POS. Downside of the transfer portal, I wonder how much you get to know these kids who come in.

Reaction Score
Agree wholeheartedly. I can tell you from experience that our comptitors are deathly afraid of UConn getting all the bells and whistles associated with P5(4,3,2??) status. We were on our way when Jeff Hathaway dropped the ball in the biggest way possible, driving off a successful FB coach(Edsall). And here we are

Reaction Score
We are getting closer to the season, thank JC, and I just want to remind everyone here of something since we are only 2 months and change away from the matchup.

University of Connecticut has 5 National Championships
University of Kansas has 4.

No matter what happens on 12/1, that will be the fact before and after the game.

I respect KU (its tradition and history not their current coach) One of the few programs i do and in fact if Uconn was not my team im pretty sure id be a Kansas fan. Have liked a lot of their teams through the years and found myself rooting for them if the good guys were out. That being said i hope we beat them down by 20+ points in retribution for the thrashing we took from them back in the 90s when we had a chance to be ranked #1 iirc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom