Public Service Announcement | The Boneyard

Public Service Announcement

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We are getting closer to the season, thank JC, and I just want to remind everyone here of something since we are only 2 months and change away from the matchup.

University of Connecticut has 5 National Championships
University of Kansas has 4.

No matter what happens on 12/1, that will be the fact before and after the game.

Also can we take a minute to recognize how dumb people from Kansas are? The School is actually named "University of Kansas" yet they go by the moniker "KU" Why? Isnt that backwards? Is it because they are not even big enough boys to take "UK" from University of Kentucky?

Pretty beta school if truth be told.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Every school in the blue blood conversation as their own self serving criteria that favors their performance over the years, but the KU fanbase has woken up as public enemy number one on this topic. Maybe its because Duke, UK and UNC are all coming off relatively down years. Maybe its because of the UConn to the big 12 talk, but man are they ornery.

You don't even have to be engaged in the "blue blood" conversation. You can just be in the general vicinity of a Kansas fan and talking about something UConn accomplished recently and they will counter with "UConn is not a blue blood" and go into their thesis.

I'd still take the company of a Kansas fan over Kentucky and Duke fans, they are far more basketball educated IMO, but boy are they climbing the annoying charts.

No offense to any of our very fine Kansas fan house guests or alumni.

August_West

Reaction Score
'd still take the company of a Kansas fan over Kentucky and Duke fans, they are far more basketball educated IMO, but boy are they climbing the annoying charts.

They are losing their minds.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Every school in the blue blood conversation as their own self serving criteria that favors their performance over the years, but the KU fanbase has woken up as public enemy number one on this topic. Maybe its because Duke, UK and UNC are all coming off relatively down years. Maybe its because of the UConn to the big 12 talk, but man are they ornery.

You don't even have to be engaged in the "blue blood" conversation. You can just be in the general vicinity of a Kansas fan and talking about something UConn accomplished recently and they will counter with "UConn is not a blue blood" and go into their thesis.

I'd still take the company of a Kansas fan over Kentucky and Duke fans, they are far more basketball educated IMO, but boy are they climbing the annoying charts.

No offense to any of our very fine Kansas fan house guests or alumni.
Things were fine when we both had four NC’s. The fan bases of both schools were content being smug.

But leaving them behind turned us into a spoiled and arrogant fan base and is turning them into whiny “batches”.

Anyone else notice a change in @HuskyHawk?

He’s fine when it’s UConn vs. Providence or Duke or UK. He’s very spoiled and arrogant. But conversations involving UConn vs. KU turn him into a whiny “batch”!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are losing their minds.
Things were fine when we both had four NC’s. The fan bases of both schools were content being smug.

But leaving them behind turned us into a spoiled and arrogant fan base and is turning them into whiny “batches”.

Anyone else notice a change in @HuskyHawk?

He’s fine when it’s UConn vs. Providence or Duke or UK. He’s very spoiled and arrogant. But conversations involving UConn vs. KU turn him into a whiny “batch”!
It's kind of the opposite. They take no notice of UConn really, and that causes some of us to lose our minds. But in most cases you're dealing with the KU equivalent of our own UConn Twitter idiots. Mostly just trolling and trying to aggro another fanbase in any way they can. Nothing bothers a UConn fan quite like being ignored or disregarded. It's our Kryptonite.

I haven't changed. My priorities this year are 1. UConn #6 2. Kansas #5. My desire for 1. won't stop me for rooting for 2. if UConn is knocked out. Next year, it will be the same.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wasn’t there some sort of gentleman’s wager between @August_West and @HuskyHawk?
About what? Arby's? Scotch? Cover bands?

The reality is that we never normally see any conflict between the two schools. Both hate Duke. But now, we get a game at AFH in December and we're competing for the #1 recruit. So it gets a bit more salty than usual.

Reaction Score
IMG_1908.jpeg

IMG_1907.jpeg

*Source=Beyond the Phog: Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball's Most Dominant Decade

August_West

Reaction Score
It's kind of the opposite. They take no notice of UConn really,
That’s not true at all. Not this summer. Kansas fans melting all over Twitter and Reddit. Any UConn fans on those platforms will tell you the same.

Reaction Score
We are getting closer to the season, thank JC, and I just want to remind everyone here of something since we are only 2 months and change away from the matchup.

No matter what happens on 12/1, that will be the fact before and after the game.

Also can we take a minute to recognize how dumb people from Kansas are? The School is actually named "University of Kansas" yet they go by the moniker "KU" Why? Isnt that backwards? Is it because they are not even big enough boys to take "UK" from University of Kentucky?

Pretty beta school if truth be told.

If we're being mathematically correct, it's actually 5 vs. 3.66667.

KU's 1952 title came in a field of 16 teams. They only had to win 4 games vs. the contemporary gauntlet of 6.

It's important to keep in mind, because it makes them that much more beta.

Reaction Score

KU's 1952 title came in a field of 16 teams. They only had to win 4 games vs. the contemporary gauntlet of 6.

Counting 1952 is really an olive branch to KU. Although I'm sure they looked impressive beating 17-12 Santa Clara in the Final Four

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No wager. I just wanted to go to game with him. He declined.
I didn't decline. I don't have tickets. If I'm there and you're there, beer is on me. Will gladly show you and others around Lawrence too if I can make it out.

August_West

Reaction Score
Counting 1952 is really an olive branch to KU. Although I'm sure they looked impressive beating 17-12 Santa Clara in the Final Four
They lucked into a title!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Forget the 16 team aspect or the fact that teams were just starting to integrate in the late 40s and early 50s. (KU's '52 team was the first to include a person of color), anything pre shot clock pre 3 point line might as well have been a different game.

On March 7, amid the boos of the crowd in Greensboro Coliseum, North Carolina, ranked No.1 in the nation, held the ball without taking a shot for 7 minutes 6 seconds to protect a 1-point lead against the No.3 team, Virginia. That spectacle was the nationally televised Atlantic Coast Conference championship game that North Carolina won, 47-45.

As I said in my earlier post, fans of these programs cling to this era because its a club nobody else can ever join by their criteria and so they cherish that it makes them "special." If Bill self left KU tomorrow for health reasons and they whiff on the next two hires and go into 2 decades of losing they will still be crowing about it. It's a fools errand to argue with them.

I'm not trading the feeling I had in Houston last year, or in Dallas 9 years ago, or Houston again 12 years ago. Or at Carriage House in '04 or Hugging my dad in '99 in the living room of the house i grew up in. 5 core memories for a 41 year old who can recall each moment in precise detail. They can have a few microfiche'd articles.

August_West

Reaction Score
And then the other argument from them is "......muh!!!! consistency, we won the conference title x number of years in a row, and we made NCAA tourney x number of years in a row........." Im not going to lie, they are both impressive feats. But in the end doesn't that just indicate that you have gagged a million times when the lights are the brightest?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
And then the other argument from them is "......muh!!!! consistency, we won the conference title x number of years in a row, and we made NCAA tourney x number of years in a row........." Im not going to lie, they are both impressive feats. But in the end doesn't that just indicate that you have gagged a million times when the lights are the brightest?
Yea I did the math on that one too, for all their regular season titles they've only made the sweet 16 5 more times than us over 32 years. They feasted on a soft Big12 in the '90s and 00's while we were playing in the premier CBB conf in the land.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
And then the other argument from them is "......muh!!!! consistency, we won the conference title x number of years in a row, and we made NCAA tourney x number of years in a row........." but doesn't that just indicate that you have gagged a million times when the lights are the brightest?
Nah. That's the one where we disagree. Really gagging is missing the tournament altogether. As a fan, that's the worst feeling. No program has had the level of success UConn has at winning it all as a % of how often we get in. But that's only part of the story, getting in is the other part. Not missing the tournament since before some on this board were born is indeed an achievement.
Yea I did the math on that one too, for all their regular season titles they've only made the sweet 16 5 more times than us over 32 years. They feasted on a soft Big12 in the '90s and 00's while we were playing in the premier CBB conf in the land.
Yet they still had that sweet 16 run for the fans more than we did. As a fan, I'd prefer that. Wouldn't you? Big 12/8 was very good in the 90s. Mizzou and Oklahoma State were both very strong then. But Big East was tops in that era.

August_West

Reaction Score
Nah. That's the one where we disagree. Really gagging is missing the tournament altogether.
Missing tourney sucks. No doubt. But heading into tourney as one of the top 8 seeds in the tourney and consistently missing the mark is a sign of a culture of institutional choking.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nothing bothers a UConn fan quite like being ignored or disregarded. It's our Kryptonite.
Yeah gonna disagree on that. That's more a Rutgers thing. The Connecticut fan default is quiet confidence. That's where the "arrogant" tag comes from. People can throw any shade they want at our program and we can smile and shrug knowing that we are not only five time national champions, but five times national champions in the last 25 years. That is staggering and it breeds confidence that, apparently, is threatening to fans of lesser programs.

Reaction Score
Forget the 16 team aspect or the fact that teams were just starting to integrate in the late 40s and early 50s. (KU's '52 team was the first to include a person of color), anything pre shot clock pre 3 point line might as well have been a different game.

As I said in my earlier post, fans of these programs cling to this era because its a club nobody else can ever join by their criteria and so they cherish that it makes them "special." If Bill self left KU tomorrow for health reasons and they whiff on the next two hires and go into 2 decades of losing they will still be crowing about it. It's a fools errand to argue with them.

I'm not trading the feeling I had in Houston last year, or in Dallas 9 years ago, or Houston again 12 years ago. Or at Carriage House in '04 or Hugging my dad in '99 in the living room of the house i grew up in. 5 core memories for a 41 year old who can recall each moment in precise detail. They can have a few microfiche'd articles.
Star Trek Applause GIF

August_West

Reaction Score

so lets get this straight, they are only one behind us because they cut down the peach baskets in a 1952 16 team tournament and then were handed a title in a point shaving scandal in 2008? So they have 2 titles really.

Talk about lucky, Kansas counts 2008 as a title when CDR and Rose miss every FT possible in last 90 seconds of game, but @HuskyHawk calls UConn titles lucky?

Last edited:

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It's kind of the opposite. They take no notice of UConn really, and that causes some of us to lose our minds. But in most cases you're dealing with the KU equivalent of our own UConn Twitter idiots. Mostly just trolling and trying to aggro another fanbase in any way they can. Nothing bothers a UConn fan quite like being ignored or disregarded. It's our Kryptonite.

I haven't changed. My priorities this year are 1. UConn #6 2. Kansas #5. My desire for 1. won't stop me for rooting for 2. if UConn is knocked out. Next year, it will be the same.
Filthy traitorous bastard!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom