Princeton Postgame Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Princeton Postgame Thread

Reaction Score
It is last year all over again. Hard to watch anymore and not expect the next disaster to occur. With players dropping like flies, UConn will have to tread water, similar to last season, and regroup when fully healthy. When Nika stays down on the court for that long, you know she was hurt. Walking back to the bench with assistance, she had that glazed look of a concussion.

I can't recall watching a UConn team have 27 turnovers in a game. Without Aubrey bouncing back from the last game, this game would have gone Princeton's way.

I liked that Amari played, but at 6'5, she should have rebounds by accident. How can you play and not record a single rebound? Caroline should put out an APB on her freshman self. I don't know if she has lost confidence in her game, or she is still trying to shake off the rust, but she clearly does not look comfortable on the court. I hope there is an explanation why Lou was sitting during the crucial last moments of the game. I know she had a few turnovers, but she had plenty of company.

We will have to wait and see who will be available for the Md game. Whoever has the UConn voodoo doll needs to be found and have that thing destroyed.

Reaction Score
This team adapted in game to yet another starter going down. Something that they struggled with on Sunday...that is progress. Ines and Amari got meaningful minutes that hopefully manifest into even more playing time. I hope Lou was held out as a precautionary measure. Sunday will be difficult but not impossible. Just a gutsy performance by everyone left standing. Also gotta love the leadership Aaliyah showed when Ines let that turnover affect her demeanor

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In his post game interview with Menino, it was the most shaken I have ever seen Geno. Why? Because he is totally unsure of who will show up tomorrow. There's a good chance that Lou is hurt too, as she played little in the 4th qtr.
So, to the people that want to analyze this situation as being normal and typical.....go jump in a lake.
I said last game thread there was no talking about "what ifs" with players being out ... but yeah now it's getting to the point where it's truly impossible not to consider the fact that UConn is in an incredibly bad spot with all the injuries. I mean, to have two (!!!) more players go out this game with apparent injuries ... you just can't ignore it. It's extremely unusual and puts UConn in a very tough spot. It's just not fair.

Reaction Score
CD a bust.
UCONN fans clearly know more than me but this seems a little extreme.

I thought CD was very impressive last year. Hasn't she been dealing with some injuries? I know this game was rough for her but I wouldn't consider her a bust. They definitely will need her to step up moving forward with all the injuries though.

Reaction Score
UCONN fans clearly no more than me but this seems a little extreme.

I thought CD was very impressive last year. Hasn't she been dealing with some injuries? I know this game was rough for her but I wouldn't consider her a bust. They definitely will need her to step up moving forward with all the injuries though.

Yes, calling her a bust at this point in her Sophomore year after major surgery over the offseason is asinine.

That said, she is playing very poorly. I think it started physical and has transitioned to being mostly mental or a combo. It's a long season, she needs to step it up.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this 'new team every half' stuff is gettin old.
on the udder hand, it was an interesting game to watch. all kinds of new faces in new places.
except for the coach.
we win.
outscored in the 2nd half.
we win.
27 turnovers.
we win.
more starters going down,
we win.

Reaction Score
It is last year all over again. Hard to watch anymore and not expect the next disaster to occur. With players dropping like flies, UConn will have to tread water, similar to last season, and regroup when fully healthy. When Nika stays down on the court for that long, you know she was hurt. Walking back to the bench with assistance, she had that glazed look of a concussion.

I can't recall watching a UConn team have 27 turnovers in a game. Without Aubrey bouncing back from the last game, this game would have gone Princeton's way.

I liked that Amari played, but at 6'5, she should have rebounds by accident. How can you play and not record a single rebound? Caroline should put out an APB on her freshman self. I don't know if she has lost confidence in her game, or she is still trying to shake off the rust, but she clearly does not look comfortable on the court. I hope there is an explanation why Lou was sitting during the crucial last moments of the game. I know she had a few turnovers, but she had plenty of company.

We will have to wait and see who will be available for the Md game. Whoever has the UConn voodoo doll needs to be found and have that thing destroyed.
Lou hurt her ankle. She salad pointing to it in the bench.

Reaction Score
Unless Dorka can come back. I don't want her to rush back before she's ready, but yikes.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Princeton game:
  • This is Carla’s 3rd season as HC at Princeton, coming off 2 straight Ivy League championships with her experienced team favored to win another this year. The Tigers are talented, smart and they execute their gameplan well.
  • Much like last season, when injuries and illness plagued UConn, the Huskies are trying to piece it together once again. That was obvious when Amari checked in, 2.5 minutes into the game, and Ines came off the bench in the 3rd qtr.
  • Watching the replay of Nika’s injury, it appeared clear that the knee she caught from Aaliyah as she fell was the worst of it and possibly put her into the concussion protocol. :(
  • Lou was basically the go-to scorer at Fairfield for 4 years. I don’t imagine she ever expected to be the go-to scorer for a fifth straight season at UConn, and then the pg on a team with Paige, Azzi & Nika. I have no idea why Lou was on the bench in the 4th qtr down the stretch???
  • Right now, for this team, with so many players out, Aubrey clearly needs to be that player that put up 30 ppg for Ossining HS and did a little bit of everything. Which is just about what she did tonight.
  • This was the ugliest of ugly games. But somehow it was a win. Not much else to say........
  • MD on Sunday is going to be a much tougher test. Not sure which Huskies will be in uniform, but UConn will need to dig down deep to find a way.
Great analysis--yes, ugliest UConn game ever! Just incredibly awful play. And yes why indeed was Lou on the bench during the critical stretch of the game when we needed scoring? That was the dumbest coaching move I think I've ever seen! Wow. I just want to forget this game and chalk it up to a bad dream...

Reaction Score
Just a quick thought:
1) What happen to Lou, she was sitting on the bench for maybe over 3 minutes before the end of the game ?
2) Caroline made too many mistakes and out of the regular at the latter part of Q4, why wasn't she sub'd out to cool off ?
3) Patterson Looks very "raw" in committing too many fouls !
Lucky UCONN win !

Who was gonna sub for Caroline??

Reaction Score
An ugly ugly game that UConn was very lucky to win...Aubrey was amazing, Lou was good when she played, Nika was ok till she got injured but everyone else was disappointing. Yes, they fought but the mistakes...time and time again...it was extremely frustrating to watch. Kudus to Karla and her kids...an experienced tough team.
If Lou and Nika can't play Sunday, i don't know if there is much point in playing the game when you have a team of only 6 players (2 of which are freshmen) with 1 of them (CD) clearly not in top game condition.

Reaction Score
Great analysis--yes, ugliest UConn game ever! Just incredibly awful play. And yes why indeed was Lou on the bench during the critical stretch of the game when we needed scoring? That was the dumbest coaching move I think I've ever seen! Wow. I just want to forget this game and chalk it up to a bad dream...
She was hurt…

Reaction Score
Add Lou and Nika to the injury list. UConn played with one freshman PG and 6 players available in the 4th quarter. That with Ducharme clearly playing injured the entire game.
OMG--I didn't know Lou also was hurt--what's wrong with her???

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Lou could have been injured too, may have twisted an ankle

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Is it dumb coaching to protect an injured player?

Geno showed that caring for the kid matters more than winning the game. Bravo Geno!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom